Coronavirus

Not everything is open here, but we haven't had the volume either.
Some people just want a change of scenery, going for a walk somewhere else. I wouldn't want to be in a coach right now anyway, but, there are less passengers.
I don't come into contact with anyone, tourist or not.

BJ is sending out mixed messages in regards to face coverings. They should have said compulsory when the essential shops opened, simple, job done.
Why all the wishy washy can't make their mind up.
Good job they don't school horses, they would be as confused as we are!

As I understood it they didn’t want to say wear masks and have everyone thinking that meant they were safe and didn’t need to keep taking other measures. Fabric masks only prevent you from spreading it a bit, they don’t protect you from getting it.

That would certainly tie in with people I see who seem to think that because they are wearing masks they are safe and have no need to stick to any other rules.

If the tips arent open. I hope they dont just discard there litter. Its been terrible here, the kids have been up partying and the litter in our parks and out on the hill has been terrible. The friends group have had to organise special work parties to do litter clearance on the hill. The worse bit is my cows are out grazing on the hill, so i dread to think how much rubbish theyve eaten.

Some can't follow the current guidelines and rules, this just adds something else they can't follow.
Staff in enclosed shop / indoor spaces should wear a face covering. None of the staff in the supermarket did today, they work in close contact with others daily verses my not seen anybody.

@Kite_Rider any news on your work? Is it the end of July for the shielding to finish.

So we haven't been wearing face masks.

We found it much harder to enforce the 2m distance as so many people can't hear what you say when you are wearing one or think they are safe to come right up to you.

Just seen that they will be compulsory from the 24th

I think now is the right time because no one is maintaining social distancing anymore in the shop I work in. We are still attempting to enforce the 2m rule but because the media says 1m plus all we get is abuse about it or people completely ignoring us. It's only 1m if you are wearing face coverings! Which hardly any of our customers do.

Of all the customers who approached me for help yesterday only 1 stood the correct distance away. I thanked her profusely for that. Before her I'd had staff and colleagues coming right up close to me, having to step back, them following me. Having to then enforce that they needed to be 2m away and then explaining why it's not 1m. One man even held my arm!

Its awful i popped into a shop yesterday and this one woman past me several times and she made no attempt to distance from me. I swear it was almost deliberately done. She was talking to herself whilst looking straight at me a couple of tims. At the till i stood back on the mark from the checkout waiting for it to free up. Bugger me she walks right past me again to join the cue then stood directly behind me. Closer than a metre. At that point i thought sod this. The chap on the till had moved the other end so i rapidly moved and started to put my stuff on the check out. Short of leaving the queue it was the only thing i could do to get away from her. I was completely trapped as i couldnt get away from her. She must have gone on another checkout then as by the time id paid for my stuff she was lotering at the door. Argh.

The one thing that does annoy me, is that some shops have got people on the door letting you in. They invite you in but they are stood slap bang in the doorway. You have to then walk round them trying to keep your distance. Why cant they keep to the side so you can put yourself and them at less risk ive have 3 or 4 shop assistants do that to me now.

I think there will be even less distancing in shops with us having to wear face masks now. People will think they cant spread it as there protected. I was ok with not wearing one so long as people all kept there distance. I think as people are being less complacent about distancing now, its probably going to be a good idea to wear one. Its not going to be enforceable by the shopkeepers though only enforced by police. So are they going to have officers maybe in plain clothes stood in shops to hand out on the spot fines.

I know im thinking ott now, but surely things like pubs and restaurants are also sort of shops, after all you are paying for goods. You can hardly wear a mask in those. So one rule in one shop not in another. I can see it getting confusing.
How will you enforce masks in gyms and these pilates classes etc. Afterall they are one of the biggest things supposedly for picking up bugs from the enviroment.

Its awful i popped into a shop yesterday and this one woman past me several times and she made no attempt to distance from me. I swear it was almost deliberately done. She was talking to herself whilst looking straight at me a couple of tims. At the till i stood back on the mark from the checkout waiting for it to free up. Bugger me she walks right past me again to join the cue then stood directly behind me. Closer than a metre. At that point i thought sod this. The chap on the till had moved the other end so i rapidly moved and started to put my stuff on the check out. Short of leaving the queue it was the only thing i could do to get away from her. I was completely trapped as i couldnt get away from her. She must have gone on another checkout then as by the time id paid for my stuff she was lotering at the door. Argh.

The one thing that does annoy me, is that some shops have got people on the door letting you in. They invite you in but they are stood slap bang in the doorway. You have to then walk round them trying to keep your distance. Why cant they keep to the side so you can put yourself and them at less risk ive have 3 or 4 shop assistants do that to me now.

I think there will be even less distancing in shops with us having to wear face masks now. People will think they cant spread it as there protected. I was ok with not wearing one so long as people all kept there distance. I think as people are being less complacent about distancing now, its probably going to be a good idea to wear one. Its not going to be enforceable by the shopkeepers though only enforced by police. So are they going to have officers maybe in plain clothes stood in shops to hand out on the spot fines.

I know im thinking ott now, but surely things like pubs and restaurants are also sort of shops, after all you are paying for goods. You can hardly wear a mask in those. So one rule in one shop not in another. I can see it getting confusing.
How will you enforce masks in gyms and these pilates classes etc. Afterall they are one of the biggest things supposedly for picking up bugs from the enviroment.

How annoying of that woman. It’s horrible when someone gets too close, even in normal times it’s not good but even worse now. Sounds like she was short of someone saying something to her. Maybe if she does it to others they will. I’d not know what to to other than like you did as in try and move out the way!

We found it much harder to enforce the 2m distance as so many people can't hear what you say when you are wearing one or think they are safe to come right up to you.

I think now is the right time because no one is maintaining social distancing anymore in the shop I work in. We are still attempting to enforce the 2m rule but because the media says 1m plus all we get is abuse about it or people completely ignoring us. It's only 1m if you are wearing face coverings! Which hardly any of our customers do.

Of all the customers who approached me for help yesterday only 1 stood the correct distance away. I thanked her profusely for that. Before her I'd had staff and colleagues coming right up close to me, having to step back, them following me. Having to then enforce that they needed to be 2m away and then explaining why it's not 1m. One man even held my arm!

I don’t know how you cope. Pity you can’t wear a work suit embedded with something that gives off tiny electric shocks to repel customers that don’t respect the distancing!

If the tips arent open. I hope they dont just discard there litter. Its been terrible here, the kids have been up partying and the litter in our parks and out on the hill has been terrible. The friends group have had to organise special work parties to do litter clearance on the hill. The worse bit is my cows are out grazing on the hill, so i dread to think how much rubbish theyve eaten.

yes I hope they don’t just dump their rubbish. Your poor cows!

Face coverings are to be compulsory on 24 July.
The bizarre thing with this, why wait so long for something that will help?

It's almost we are sending the most vulnerable to this out there to fend for themselves, so get everyone to cover their faces.
Some conditions it actually says not to, so how are you going to prove that.
Some nurses couldn't cope with the ppe in intensive care and were found other roles. So if you can't cope with a face covering you don't go indoors anywhere? Unrealistic yes!

The media is the issue I feel now the briefings have stopped.
It is only one metre plus where you can't do the social distancing two metres.
Ie, cafes, pubs. That's why you give your contact details, because you are in an enclosed space and nearer because you get served.
This is actually why some businesses are saying no we are not opening.
Speak up loud and clear and put a hand up if they go to move and you do not want them to.
I found it easy to get the man behind me to stand on his marker, I looked him in the eye, then the marker, then back at him. It must be the same look I give the cob because she won't move forwards with it either. :)

@newforest yes shielding ends on 31st July, so, all of a sudden Covid is going to disappear overnight, I’ve not yet been asked to go back to work but I’ll be honest am petrified at the thought of it.
I think it’s shameful actually that the government have had everyone in the general population easing back into the new normal over the last few months yet those shielding are almost expected to go from shielding to back to work, shopping etc overnight. Hey ho.

That would certainly tie in with people I see who seem to think that because they are wearing masks they are safe and have no need to stick to any other rules.
Most people round here haven’t stuck to the rules anyway, can’t see wearing a mask will be any different for them.

@newforest yes shielding ends on 31st July, so, all of a sudden Covid is going to disappear overnight, I’ve not yet been asked to go back to work but I’ll be honest am petrified at the thought of it.
I think it’s shameful actually that the government have had everyone in the general population easing back into the new normal over the last few months yet those shielding are almost expected to go from shielding to back to work, shopping etc overnight. Hey ho.
And thats the shocking thing. Fitness wise from having been in for the three months I am still building that up.
We bring horses back into work slowly, but with people we don't have the same courtesy.

Newforest.. LOVE IT ..
GLAD THAT LOOK WORKED.

No way would I have put up with the woman.
I have no problem saying you need to
BACK OFF

I would not put up with my horses if they crawled up on me in an unsafe manner.

WHY SHOULD I PUT UP WITH IT WITH AN UNSAFE MORON ****HUMAN***

This is insane truth is stranger than fiction.
A restraunt closed here for disregarding
EVERY SINGLE RULE...

The owner told the inspector Corona is a hoax and everyone that has died was going to die anyway.
I really wish that place was not in this state.
A few towns away isn't far enough.

Now places are going to re allow germy dirty REUSABLE bags.
Even with cases going back up and many states re closing some things.

We are still low thank God.
But also going back the wrong way
MUCH slower and less than some places
But this is when to really take notice before its really bad again.

I bet people w kids are really worried about schools re opening.

Realistically how can they keep kids distanced ..safe.. masked etc etc.
WHEN SO MANY ADULTS CAN'T
FOLLOW THE RULES.

My Bay state trail riders newsletter showed 2 tack sales that moved dates to August But still going forward.

I TOTALLY used to love tack sales. Not now.
One is a really huge one at a fairgrounds that filled the whole arena.
Who will really want to mill around in crowds and touch and buy strange tack and other things. When you quareentine mail and necessary things.

Totally agree - it’s awful after all the months of being careful. Then all of a sudden things are normal again (not). The virus is still there. Feel like having a t shirt printed saying so!!! :mad:

Totally agree - it’s awful after all the months of being careful. Then all of a sudden things are normal again (not). The virus is still there. Feel like having a t shirt printed saying so!!! :mad:
You can buy a t shirt that says "if I can turn round and hit you, you are not social distancing"

This is why I think face coverings are too late, it needed doing when the police were about. When there were less of us and then as things opened up, you would look out of place without and hence took responsibility.

Am I right in thinking the shop staff don't need to wear them???!? Where is the logic there.

• Sad
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
You can buy a t shirt that says "if I can turn round and hit you, you are not social distancing"

This is why I think face coverings are too late, it needed doing when the police were about. When there were less of us and then as things opened up, you would look out of place without and hence took responsibility.

Am I right in thinking the shop staff don't need to wear them???!? Where is the logic there.
The cashier in Tesco told me today that they're going to have to wear masks

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
newrider.com