Coronavirus

I think its great that there are more fun masks out there to keep people wearing them ....Adults and kids alike..

It was just said yesterday over here that they think younger kids have a much
Higher load and spread more easily than they had previously thought.

Thats going to be a BIG PROBLEM w schools.
There is still a ton of bickering going back and forth about in person school and
Distance learning.

Right now parents wont be forced back to
Putting kids back in the classroom for at least the beginning since all schools have to also have a distance learning system in place as well when schools open.

It must be very scary right now to be a human parent worrying whats the best thing to do especially w the upticks happening.
We had over 100 new cases again yesterday and I bet its going to continue to get worse.
We just came off a 6 day heat wave...of continual temps above 90f..
Most were well above 90 f with a 97f and a 100 f.. real temps
We only had a 2 day break before the last
4 day heat wave.
Thats just too hot FOR TOO LONG

We are going to be a bit better today but watching the hurricane that went thru
Puerto Rico and will skirt Florida and come up the coast getting up here
Tuesday..

Ugh right now we are well in the cone of
Uncertainty.
I hope we just get heavy rain.

• Sad
Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
Well the pm is bringing in restrictions for the North of the UK, not opening what was meant to be opening on the Aug 8 and masks are mandatory in more indoor places.
I missed the noon announcement. Will watch the six o clock news.

Honestly the mind boggles. I was just watching (well listening rather than watching) that tv advert that says get tested and get back to what we love doing.

Seriously!!!!! Are you for real.

You could get tested today, and go somewhere or near someone tomorrow and pick up covid.

The ad makes it sound as though once your tested, thats it your free of covid and cant get it. So once tested you can get on with life as was.

OMG how insane.
AND SCARY to give that impression to
People.

Some weird things are going on now w states reporting methods.. they are floating all over..
You can't really feel comfortable about what you see.

I do rubber stamping and scrapnooking of the horses and goats.
I was shocked when a real hot spot..
Florida they are having their big scrapbook expo this weekend.
WHAT ARE THEY THINKING.
are they nuts.
The ones up here were cancelled.
They are always REALLY CROWDED
MADHOUSES.
People crammed up around booths ugh..

• Wow
Reactions: Trewsers
Honestly the mind boggles. I was just watching (well listening rather than watching) that tv advert that says get tested and get back to what we love doing.

You could get tested today, and go somewhere or near someone tomorrow and pick up covid.

The ad makes it sound as though once your tested, thats it your free of covid and cant get it. So once tested you can get on with life as was.

It's the same as the people saying they'll pay for a test in the airport to avoid quarantine, it makes no allowance for incubation periods.

• Angry
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Im confused about the puns closing to allow schools to open. Different demographic surely

Im confused about the puns closing to allow schools to open. Different demographic surely

This lack of logic is what I hate. Personally I cannot see how all school children can go back full time and it not be a major risk - schools are indoors for long periods of time and at relatively close quarters, plus so many things are being touched by many people, and then pupils go back to their families who then go to work . . . How can that possibly be compatible with virus control? Closing some pubs is in no way going to compensate for the probable risk in infections, and the fact that it's being considered says to me that the government are not confident in their oft spouted line that children and schools pose a minimal risk - is this part of why they're saying a second wave in the autumn?

That's exactly what I've been saying for ages. Testing does not mean you can't get it, or won't get it. And it's only as good as it is on the day. Day after you could catch it.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
They could be testing alot more people by all accounts.

Someone i work for was telling me last week, they are doing this covid tracing app. As part of it you can volunteer for research to go get tested.

They went thinking there was going to be a very long wait. They got there saw loads of cars parked and thought they were right long wait. Anyway all the cars were apparently just the staff. They were pretty much directed straight through. Over and done with. So good service. But if its that empty how many more could they be testing.

But it still seems pointless if you go and get it week later.

I am part of this study. https://covid.joinzoe.com/ They are always loking for more people. You can download it to your phone. Apple or Android from the respective app store.
I was tested as part of this study. I dont think everyone is necessarilly tested. OH and I are in isolation so pretty certain to give a negative result and they wanted some negative results.

A friend of mine who was here yesterday thought she might have had Covid back in March and she has been left with breathing problems. Quite worryng that people who have Covid, dont fully recover. But she has not been tested.
It isnt entirely clear to me that all tests are the same. One test to see if you have the virus and another to see if she now has immunity? You would think her GP could test her?

They could be testing alot more people by all accounts.

Someone i work for was telling me last week, they are doing this covid tracing app. As part of it you can volunteer for research to go get tested.

They went thinking there was going to be a very long wait. They got there saw loads of cars parked and thought they were right long wait. Anyway all the cars were apparently just the staff. They were pretty much directed straight through. Over and done with. So good service. But if its that empty how many more could they be testing.

But it still seems pointless if you go and get it week later.
The majority now will be no symptoms or mild symptoms. So you may not get tested?

I could cry, seriously I despair with all of it.
They just make it up as they go along and hope to heaven they get it right, which sadly they very often don’t, my work have not been in touch with me yet regards going back to work and the government kindly passing the onus onto the employer is wrong, go to work if you can’t work from home, BUT only if your workplace is Covid secure, that’s the guidance for those of us who have been shielding, so please what exactly is a Covid secure workplace?
I looked it up on the hse website, absolutely work from home if at all possible, if not no face to face with people not from your household, so, what happens to those of us who’s job involves being face to face with many people not from their household? We have to either go to the GP with ‘anxiety’ and get signed off sick or we quit and get nothing, I’m very, very lucky in so far as I don’t have to go back to work if I don’t want to, but there will be plenty of shielded people out there who will be faced with a similar dilemma, the bit I really don’t understand is what was the point in asking us to shield in the first place if it’s all fine and dandy now?
Cases are rising again, official figures yesterday were 886 new infections with the deaths at 120 yet the ONS are saying we’ve gone from 2900 new cases a day last week to 4200 a day this week, way up from where they were a month ago yet good old BoJo says it’ll be alright on the night!

newrider.com