Coronavirus

Why can't we just print loads of money and give it to those who are losing their businesses etc. Clearly why I'm not in charge of this country but it would fix the economy issues ?
If they did that money would become worthless, so no point having it anyway and the whole economy really would be down the toilet.
Inflation would be driven up, as would costs because of readily available cash, but because we'd all have pots of it it would become an ever increasing spiral, I'm not great at explaining though.

Why can't we just print loads of money and give it to those who are losing their businesses etc. Clearly why I'm not in charge of this country but it would fix the economy issues ?
They are doing this, though by a complicated procedure. It is called quantitative easing and conducted by the Bank of England. But OH says even he cannot explain it on NR. Help is currently being provided via massive debt. But other European countries are doing much the same.

I don't think you can blame any section of society in particular right now. I know of older people who have no regard for the rules and don't think it's anything to worry about at all or even consider! And I know younger people who are far more worried and play by the rules.

No but, without a vaccine, there will be millions of people worldwide who won't have a chance to ever have a 'normal' life again, I also don't believe that climate change is to blame, nature is to blame for Covid 19 and it's doing what nature does, it evolves and humans are brilliant germ spreaders regardless of travel, all a virus needs is for one host to come into contact with another and away it goes. I watched a doctor a few days ago, some high up chap in the WHO saying the only way to combat this for good is to stop all contact with other human beings, well we all know thats never going to happen, so were stuck with it and the best way out is herd immunity which in all reality would bring the global economy crashing down around our heads, or a vaccine that works, I know which I would prefer.
Im not saying climate change isn't something we should ignore, quite the opposite, but I don't think we can pin Covid 19 onto that.
Apologies if my wording made it sound like I don't think they should be creating a vaccine, of course they should. It is too late now to prevent covid 19 becoming a pandemic so the priority needs to be saving lives, with a vaccine, if possible. But what's also scary is that many scientists believe that pandemics have/ will become more frequent due in part to the warming climate (but also things like over population and how we live) We need to learn from this. If diseases are indeed spread from animals to us this is where the one health movement comes in, preventing the spread of viruses from animals to humans. Money, the economy, they are all just worthless entities if there is no one left on the planet because we've all been wiped out by another virus.

If they did that money would become worthless, so no point having it anyway and the whole economy really would be down the toilet.
Inflation would be driven up, as would costs because of readily available cash, but because we'd all have pots of it it would become an ever increasing spiral, I'm not great at explaining though.
Hmm see I said I really didn't know what I was talking about here! But it's not giving money out willy nilly to those who don't need it. The money could be used as grants or to somehow supplement businesses that have had huge loses due to the shambles that is our government. They then stay in their jobs and their businesses stay open, thereby keeping other businesses open, and allowing them to put food on their table and money back into the economy.

So moving away from my not very helpful ranting (I'm sure some of you will be grateful!) What about masks. Could these not be made more effective? Are there ones you can get that are virus proof? Everyone wears the mask in all communal settings. You get in, shower or some sort of decontamination then you take it off.

So moving away from my not very helpful ranting (I'm sure some of you will be grateful!) What about masks. Could these not be made more effective? Are there ones you can get that are virus proof? Everyone wears the mask in all communal settings. You get in, shower or some sort of decontamination then you take it off.

I don't think any of the masks are 100 percent effective are they? Not even the hospital ones?

I don't think any of the masks are 100 percent effective are they? Not even the hospital ones?
Nor are vaccines but they are probably alot more effective than masks. Maybe it could give a simulated herd immunity until we get a vaccine available. If most people wore them correctly. Now just for inventors to come up with something comfortable, light, breathable and effective. Not asking for much there.

Apologies if my wording made it sound like I don't think they should be creating a vaccine, of course they should. It is too late now to prevent covid 19 becoming a pandemic so the priority needs to be saving lives, with a vaccine, if possible. But what's also scary is that many scientists believe that pandemics have/ will become more frequent due in part to the warming climate (but also things like over population and how we live) We need to learn from this. If diseases are indeed spread from animals to us this is where the one health movement comes in, preventing the spread of viruses from animals to humans. Money, the economy, they are all just worthless entities if there is no one left on the planet because we've all been wiped out by another virus.
Maybe that is exactly what Mother Nature wants? I sometimes wonder that nature is far, far more powerful than we can really understand.
No need to apologise Ale, I didn’t read it as you thought we shouldn’t make a vaccine not that it would matter if I did, you’re allowed an opinion just the same as anyone else.

Completely agree Ale, Mr KR and myself put ours on as soon as we leave our home, but I’ve seen so many people wearing them incorrectly or just not at all, appreciate some can’t wear them for health reasons but the majority can and should.
The best you can get will only offer 98 percent protection I believe, but I could be wrong. To me anything is better than nothing along with 2 metre distancing and plenty of hand washing.

Nor are vaccines but they are probably alot more effective than masks. Maybe it could give a simulated herd immunity until we get a vaccine available. If most people wore them correctly. Now just for inventors to come up with something comfortable, light, breathable and effective. Not asking for much there.
Masks can easily be more effective if people wear them over their nose.

I've said this before but I'm surprised that the government and powers that be didn't kit us all out with a standard gas mask type affair. Btw, does anyone know if they actually worked or not during the second world war? Or weren't they ever needed? I know even kids had to carry one around didn't they.

Maybe that is exactly what Mother Nature wants? I sometimes wonder that nature is far, far more powerful than we can really understand.
No need to apologise Ale, I didn’t read it as you thought we shouldn’t make a vaccine not that it would matter if I did, you’re allowed an opinion just the same as anyone else.
And this is why I don't think we can blame climate change per se. If we look back into history there have been other pandemics that wiped out thousands and change the world completely.
Nature is a lot more powerful than us.

To rid the world of humans? Don't blame her!
Nature is so powerful and so much is connected, half of which I bet we don't even begin to understand yet. No other species is having an impact anywhere close to ours, I wonder what is in store for us over the next 100 years

We'll just be a chapter in an encyclopaedia which is read by aliens - the breed / species that once inhabited earth. This planet will doom itself. My mum always said humans will just destroy themselves and she's probably correct. I wonder if our ancestors considered any of this? Probably not as they were far too busy trying to make ends meet and behaving themselves in front of god. They didn't have the same freedoms as we enjoy either with speech or learning and reading.

Thought this was a great visual tool. Yes pandemics have always been with us. But look at the worrying change in frequency.
Rubbish quality so added a screenshot instead

Attachments

• DeadliestPandemics-Infographic-82-1-768x1808.jpg
    DeadliestPandemics-Infographic-82-1-768x1808.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 6
newrider.com