Dan's at it again

He's not been out since Thursday when he was on the inner track again, but, that was the day I noticed the battery was low. The fence had seemed ok the day before as I checked it during daylight and it must have been feeding directly from the solar panel but Thursday I was there at dusk and it dropped off, put a newly charged battery on and he's stayed put since. I think we are finally getting the pieces together :)

Personally I think someone has told him about this thread and the great amusement it brings to us reading it so he just has to keep you on your toes to add to the story!

Glad the pieces are starting to come together :)

Almost 4 weeks since the last escape :D Def looks like he needs at least the 1.2j energizer as he was going through the 0.6j regularly but since getting the bigger one on he only did it a few times initially (learning curve I guess) and since has only gone when the battery ran low and this morning, but I disconnected the middle fence last Tuesday to get them off the slippy side of the track so it's my own fault. I guess I will be digging yet another trench at the weekend to lay another lead out cable to power it back up :rolleyes:

Decided I couldn't wait for trench digging at the weekend so laid a lead out cable under rubber mats last night, checked the inner fence and it was getting 9,000v. Guess who was in there again this morning :cool:

Reactions: Trewsers
Well we had a good run of no escapes, then the last 2 nights on the trot but the fence had a fault on it (traced to the paddock Indie was in until yesterday, he'd created a dead short onto the barbed wire) but I'm very hopeful all the escapes will now be over, with the mains installed and a 5j energiser put on this morning I'm hopeful the consistency will put a stop to his antics :D

• Haha
Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
Figured I should come and update with the good news, zero escapes since the mains went in :D even put the fences back to the original height (easier to mange weeds and for me to nip through without having to turn it off every 5 minutes). I have to say this new voss energiser is the bees knees, tells you when there's a problem on the fence, can be run at full or half power, on mains or 12v :)

This morning as I drove down the lane I had that sinking feeling :p The little sucker had got in with Indie overnight :rolleyes: Its been months ever since the mains went on, but when I put in a new bit of fence for indie last week it was an add on and I obviously didn't do the best job connecting it :p

• Haha
Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
Dan in with Indie again, was grumbling to myself as was sure I'd fixed the dodgy connection. Walked down the field to find the new bottom string broken and dragged into Indies side, around his hay feeder and back to the corner. Can't blame Jess as it wasn't dragged her way (she's normally the culprit for broken fences), Dan has rarely broken a decent fence (he just shimmies under them)..... Indie did put a back leg through one and break it a few weeks ago trying to kick hank..... Who knows.

Dan in with Indie again, was grumbling to myself as was sure I'd fixed the dodgy connection. Walked down the field to find the new bottom string broken and dragged into Indies side, around his hay feeder and back to the corner. Can't blame Jess as it wasn't dragged her way (she's normally the culprit for broken fences), Dan has rarely broken a decent fence (he just shimmies under them)..... Indie did put a back leg through one and break it a few weeks ago trying to kick hank..... Who knows.

Horses and fences eh?! Sometimes...........................

• Haha
Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com