Equine Influenza Outbreak

Lissie

Jan 18, 2016
I'm roughing Lottie off, she's living out as we have horses in our very small barn going out to clinics and shows. She'll have a few weeks off and hopefully in a weeks I'll bring her back into work when it's stopped spreading.

domane

Gracie's mum
Jul 31, 2005
We are allowed to hack out locally but not travel. It was just about to be lifted but then we had another suspected case 3 miles away so we've got to wait another couple of weeks now :rolleyes:

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
We don't have any restrictions and don't know of any local yards that have it but our vets are still posting updates about new cases in the uk. Seems to be a lot of cases where a horse 'recently imported from Ireland' has brought it to the yard (also, still a lot of unvaccinated horses contracting it). Every single horse on our yard is done now, including the oldies that are just field ornaments and the two yearlings.

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
Everyone around me is just carrying on as normal. I can't take Ben anywhere at the moment so it doesn't really concern me. Our yard is completely private so no risk of other horses coming onsite etc.

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Only Eva of mine was vaccinated... so 4 weeks ago I started them all off on there vaccinations and they have there 2 nd jab today..... so by the end of this year they will all be up to date.
That was the same on our yard. Most of the horses weren't vaccinated (including our Jack) because they never go anywhere apart, maybe, from local hacking. Now they're all done.