Evolving artwork

Crikey it’s been a while, but if anyone’s still interested here’s Blackberry flowers from my allotment. water colour.
Yes it has been a while and i was going to ask the other day if you'd done any more. Just hadnt got round to posting my request.
But i think you said you had finished your course so may not do quite as much.

The owl looks like such a simple drawing (im sure it wasnt, i couldnt do it) yet it looks so realistic

The dogs eyes have great expression.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
All so clever, but the dog one is so expressive - everything about it says "I'm a bit old and a bit tired, but carry on do"

• Love
Indeed, sometimes the spirit moves you and sometimes not. I can't draw for toffeel, but one day when I was about 13 I drew a sheet of sketches of our family dog on the sofa that were really, really good, inspired in fact. My hand seemed to know where to go without me telling it anything. I have never ever in the next 50 years been able to do that again.

I love those watercolours and hope you can recapture the technique some time!

Indeed, sometimes the spirit moves you and sometimes not. I can't draw for toffeel, but one day when I was about 13 I drew a sheet of sketches of our family dog on the sofa that were really, really good, inspired in fact. My hand seemed to know where to go without me telling it anything. I have never ever in the next 50 years been able to do that again.

I love those watercolours and hope you can recapture the technique some time!
They say that anyone can draw or paint, a bit like we all have a story in us, I’m not so sure on the story myself, but yes i agree, sometimes when I paint or draw I feel almost like someone else has taken over (SIL dog for one) those always are my best pictures, those are from the heart as it were.
Mr KR hit the nail on the head yesterday, ‘stop trying and just let it happen like you normally do’ sound advice I think.

REALLY love those! Aside of the fact that blue and purple are my favourite colours!
I think that’s why I love them too Huggy, my favourite colours, someone’s asked me if I could do one with reds/yellows which I’ve tried but I don’t like any of the finished results! So much so they’ve all gone in the bin.

Reactions: Huggy
@Kite_Rider have you done anything you'd like to share on here lately? I was wondering - specially when this thread popped up on the front page (well one of your lovely pictures appeared) :D
Honestly I thought people might be a bit bored with my artwork so haven’t updated for a while. Yes I’ve done a few bits ill go and dig out to post.
On a very sad note the lovely old Manni my brothers old GS I sketched a few weeks ago passed away last week 😢

newrider.com