Evolving artwork

93655249-ED25-406B-A28C-02A17F9B3E16.jpeg
Last one for now, a college ‘weekend challenge’ paint anything you like but only use the colours orange and green, my first thoughts were maybe flowers, but I figured everyone would do that so I went with my fantasy jungle 😂 there is a ton of things wrong with it technically but I think it’s just fun.

View attachment 106415
Last one for now, a college ‘weekend challenge’ paint anything you like but only use the colours orange and green, my first thoughts were maybe flowers, but I figured everyone would do that so I went with my fantasy jungle 😂 there is a ton of things wrong with it technically but I think it’s just fun.
I love it! That's a very happy jungle :D

Reactions: Kite_Rider
I love it! That's a very happy jungle :D
Thank you Trewsers, I think it’s a cheerful place, I just happy that my colour mixing is getting easier and I’m getting quite good at the ratios I need to make any specific colour, I think colours straight from the tube look too artificial sometimes but a year ago I wouldn’t have believed what you can achieve purely with the primary colours of red, yellow and blue. Sorry I’ve waffled a bit there but it fascinates me.

Reactions: Trewsers
I’ve just had my final feedback and grade from my college tutor, I only went and passed with distinction! He also asked if I would be ok with them featuring some of my work on the college blog? Like I’m going to say no, anyway, I’m a little bit chuffed with my grade and just wanted to share. 😁

16DC2B03-AC8E-438D-810F-CF1824F446A0.jpeg
My current project, weekend challenge on the college FB page was ‘peace and quiet’ so I thought I know I’ll do some mindfulness drawing and see what I get, well I liked the pattern so decided to fill in the shapes with a bit of colour, then one thing led to another, the weekend came and went, I can’t stop 😂 over 20 hours ‘work’ so far and I’m not going to meet the deadline for the challenge, but, this has to be my favourite abstract ever.
It is actually really beautiful in real life, I can’t get my phone to photograph the colours and the tiny detail very well 🙁

• Love
Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
View attachment 106603
My current project, weekend challenge on the college FB page was ‘peace and quiet’ so I thought I know I’ll do some mindfulness drawing and see what I get, well I liked the pattern so decided to fill in the shapes with a bit of colour, then one thing led to another, the weekend came and went, I can’t stop 😂 over 20 hours ‘work’ so far and I’m not going to meet the deadline for the challenge, but, this has to be my favourite abstract ever.
It is actually really beautiful in real life, I can’t get my phone to photograph the colours and the tiny detail very well 🙁
That is so clever.

I love your portrait of the old dog. So clearly drawn from life. Full of character, unlike all these pictures people put up on Facebook which are just copied from photographs and only show that they can copy!

I love your portrait of the old dog. So clearly drawn from life. Full of character, unlike all these pictures people put up on Facebook which are just copied from photographs and only show that they can copy!
Thank you so much Jane. It was literally a twenty minute sketch but I know I got her character because it made my SIL cry when I showed her.

newrider.com