Farmer Wants A Wife

MAC66

Jun 18, 2009
Kent
Did anyone see this on channel 5 tonight ? One of the two prospective wives in it is a livery at the same yard as me and I happened to be the only other person there when they were filming her getting her horse in from the field, tacking up and riding in the school. They told me not to worry about them, just to carry on with whatever I wanted to do but I was more interested in watching how they worked. I couldn't really do very much anyway until they had finished. That day was the first day we were able to use our new school and that and the barn looked quite impressive on the screen.

Haha cool

I love farmer wants a wife but I missed this one, hoping to catch the repeat. There tend to be a lot of horsey girls on it. Think it's every girls dream marrying someone who has enough land to keep a multitude of ponies!!

I saw it last night :D I'm afraid i wouldn't marry a farmer. My ex was a farmer, his dad had a HUGE farm. Despite the potential horsey advantages, i couldn't put up with him! far too grippy :D he also hated horses...

Oof that rugged look....mhmmm... :D

I wanted to know who won the other day I happened to see it lol. Really housewifey perfect round the house woman but a little bit serious/competitive or the one who didnt put any effort in but he found funny...

Didn't see it but wouldn't marry a farmer either, loads of them hate horses! My best mate is married to one and we've been trying for the past 9 years to get him to give us a wee tiny bit of field to put horses in and to get a pony for his daughter(my god daughter) and has it worked? nope! They also work mental hours and as for young farmers club thing OMG!!!!

x

Yes and the muscles and their 4 x 4's splattered with mud and ALL that land .... I quite fancy myself as a farmer's wife. Pity they don't have a Middle-Aged Farmer Wants a Middle-Aged Wife :eek::eek:

LOL, that made me PMSL:p

Do what I did, go for a 'toyboy' (14 years younger:p)

He ISN'T a Farmer though but comes in very useful as a Mechanic;)

My Mate is married to a Farmer, she talked him into letting her keep her Horses on the Farm then a friends, lol, Think there are 8 down there now:p

My Mate is married to a Farmer, she talked him into letting her keep her Horses on the Farm then a friends, lol, Think there are 8 down there now:p[/QUOTE]

No way how did she manage that?! Tips please!!! all we want is a horse each and a pony!!

x

i always said that when i got older ( having enjoyed my eventful and sometimes mis-spent youth) i would marry or be a housekeeper to and old farmer. i didnt realize then that they would become quite desirable, and have tv shows built around them, often want trophy wifes, or executive types who could help fill the coffers ( sorry, these last 2 items are apt in this area anyway) or that i just wouldnt have the energy! ( and am set in my ways) i think that i have missed the market, so to speak. dont really like what ive seen of the program, in fits and starts, as some of the women have a really calculating and acquisitive manner about them, but hey, hats off for being brave enough to go after what they want, and on national tv to boot.

fairlady said:
My Mate is married to a Farmer, she talked him into letting her keep her Horses on the Farm then a friends, lol, Think there are 8 down there now:p

No way how did she manage that?! Tips please!!! all we want is a horse each and a pony!!

x

I did it to, get them involved and let them help choose the horse / pony.
I went through a few on loan with view to buy, trials etc.
Then got my current horse, and husband loves her as much as I do.
He fenced off 2 small paddocks for her (and her companion), but they don't use those any more :eek:, they go in the big fields with the cattle.
Converted the old milking parlour into 3 stables and a feed room.
Next year we're building a sand school :eek:
I love my husband, but I work hard on the farm with him and he says that's my wages, as I have my own job to for my money.

I am married to a farmer.... buy your own land...being married to one is not worth having land for your horses:D lol:D

Ah, but does he like horses?!!!! Why do farmers not like them? Do you think its cos they aren't "meat" like other livestock (you know what I mean, like horses well mostly are pleasure animals and not bread and butter:confused:)

Well no he does not by choice, but he will see to them in the winter and come out hacking with me, he has to for go the last of the strawberry jam for minnies 'bute sandwiches' and does so with only a little moan now....so he does what he has to do to satisfy the 'showing an interest aurguement':p

I think they simply dont like them for many reasons... they cut up the ground..would rather have arable than grass land...get ill and get injurys... cant make any money out of them for meat as you say... they are scared of their size...unpredicatable... but tbh, I think its to do with the women owners actually... demanding their horse cant do this...cant do that.. no shelter this...raining the other.... and general being fluffy bunnys with there horses, instead you get ' they wont die' in reply to everything...thats just comments I hear lol!!

Ah, but does he like horses?!!!! Why do farmers not like them? Do you think its cos they aren't "meat" like other livestock (you know what I mean, like horses well mostly are pleasure animals and not bread and butter:confused:)

Yeah, I think it must be that! A lot of OH's family are farmers and they make comments like "too much provin and not enough work" when they see how naughty OH's tb can be!!!!! They think OH ought to treat him like a bull or something....lol......

newrider.com