Good luck!!

All I can say is that working at a riding school and being a client are very diferent! I've been both!! I do think that when you have to pay for lessons it makes you think very differently. Every lesson you take, you think more about what you are being asked to do. When you work somewhere, it is as though you go through the motions without really thinking what is going on. If you know the people giving you lessons you also tend to not to listen so well or heed what you are being told. I also thought a great deal about the amount of yard work I had to do, after the lesson!!
In the past I have seen people with more 'horsey' experience than I had failing their exams because they had been told/felt they would pass.
All your not so good points were to do with balance and harmony. The only answer that I have for this is lunge lessons - not once a week but every day. A good 20 mins or so just after morning stables. Those of us who needed them at our yard did them during the breakfast break - 8.30-9.00 am. Really hard work but well worth it coming up to an exam.
I don't know your situation, but I hope you can do some of the above.
Good luck.

Thanks

I have only been working at the yard for 8 months and before then I was a client. I listen very hard in my lessons because I am desparate to learn, and I have a great deal of respect for my instructors so I always want to know what they have to say about my riding, positive or negative. At the moment I find my lessons difficult (as in I feel like giving up sometimes when I don't quite get it right, I feel like I am letting people down) because we are doing so much work on balance. I am going to ask them to give me lunge lessons again, but it is difficult finding time around the other lessons for us to do this, I can't do it my normal lesson because three of have them together. I fully understand what you are saying, but I do try my hardest in my lessons and if ever I don't understand something I ask. I think at the moment it is just a problem that I have had for a long time that has become habit and like any habit it will take alot of practice to get myself out of it!!!
Again thanks for taking the time to try and help me (although sometimes I feel like I am beyond help!!)
Saddlebags

newrider.com