Hello Autumn

This morning was super dark here, and to top it off when I walked out of the house even the street lights hadn't yet come on :( I'm ready for the dark to be over before it's even really begun.

I had the vet out this morning and she was saying same as me, that Autumn / winter has come too soon. Don't know if it's the same down there weather wise but it's squalls here and seems so soon! Last night it was dark fast too.
I've ordered a head torch - and a hanging light for Storm's house. Having an electrician come out later this week hopefully to look at fitting a nice bright light on the side of our garage which will illuminate the yard better.

It does feel like it hit all of a sudden this year, it feels early but I'm sure we always used to start clipping in september but everything has been weeks behind the last couple of years so feels worse maybe.

It does feel like it hit all of a sudden this year, it feels early but I'm sure we always used to start clipping in september but everything has been weeks behind the last couple of years so feels worse maybe.

There doesn't seem to have been much of a transition up here this year. All of a sudden about three to four days ago, it turned really windy and cold. And what few leaves we get (not many trees ) are suddenly scattered and blown about. The roses are all but gone and the hips are looking like they are about to wither (or be eaten by birds). I haven't spent many evenings sitting looking out to sea either - it was warm enough until end of October in past years on and off. :(

It can't make it's mind up here.
I am partly in summer clothes and partly in autumn.
I am taking a jacket, in case. My saddle bags have a jacket, in case. Though she stops and looks round if you touch the zip, in case a carrot falls out.

Anyone pondering on clipping. I am thinking of a generous bib and belly. She's itching as getting too warm, but then still shedding little bits.

It was summer still this last weekend. I had to get up at 5am on Saturday and was in a tshirt loading the ram.
We had a bit of drizzle today but the ground soon dried. Is supposed to be good until next weekend. Hope so as I'm going to a bbq.
I'm resisting clipping. I'm not doing much with chunky currently anyway. I drove him tonight and hes was sweating a lot. But if I clip I will have to rug at night and then it's too hot to leave the rug on during the day so I'd have to change to a fly sheet as there are still too many flies with the hot weather and clipped hed be eaten alive. I think I'm going to clip when it starts raining as I can legitimately leave the rain sheet on without him then over heating. This good weather will break soon I'm sure.

Reactions: Jessey
I wouldn't rug her I would clip the bits that stay dry when it rains. I think the barrel shape means rain rolls off.

Reactions: Trewsers
I'm desperate to give Jess some rug free time before winter rugs come out but the bugs are still too bad here so she's still in a fly sheet 24/7 at the moment, I get the funny feeling she will go from one to the other this year, normally she gets at least a month without this time of year, I guess we are paying for not having to put the fly rug on until later this spring when she got a couple of months naked.

newrider.com