how far do you travel to your horse?

About 5mins :D Just over a mile :D

But I was at a yard 15-20mins from me - which didnt bother me - I was getting less time, but the facilities etc outweighed that, it was however the snow that killed it - I couldnt get there so often that I just wasnt seeing her at all so also think about that - I was going out into the hills so weather was a lot worse

I think 15 minutes is great-mine's 3 miles door to door, but lots of lights, traffic. It's very handy as literally 2 mins walk from work so I can pop and see him and let him out in summer if he's on limited grazing or check him.

It all depends on how you find the travel and if it's convenient for you.

love where i am now - its 2.5miles and only takes a few mins in the car, and was walkable when it snowed. I absolutely love having them close to home.

However, when i lived in cardiff i had to drive 10 miles through to the other side of the city to get to the yard - it used to take anywhere between 22 mins and 50 mins, depending on rush hour......but i loved it there too, and the facilities and people outweighed the travel time.

BUT - its all irrelevant as you get used to the travel time and as long as the yard suits you in every other way then i would sooooo consider it.

why are you looking to move? whats the pros and cons of both yards?

mines about 6 miles away but traffic during week takes me about 20 - 25 mins to get there weekend and non rush hours can do it in 10 mins but my daughter lives 2 mins away and she does mornings now so its much easier.

newrider.com