how many rosettes do you have?

Did a count when I packed up my room before going to Korea in 2007, 270+ from nearly 12 years competing in many disciplines, over 90 of them are from 6 years with Cheek.

I've won a few more this year with Cheek in western and English, around 20 this year so far (I think, or more).

i have just started showing my cob this year we only went to one show and we got 10 rossettes including 2firsts woo lol

We also used to show my pony my mum and dad bought her for me wen she was about seven and i was 9 or 10. she had been broken in by children and was an absolute cow to begin with but with alot of time through out the years unitll she was about 20 we must of won 100 + rossettes and we have every single one of them :) she would of won more but i found her in the corner of our field dead and there was no reason for it she was well cared for and everything but we won loads we are proud lol

From my younger days, loads... at least 200, they are still on my old bedroom wall at my dad's house in England!:rolleyes:

From more recent times, from the UK, I think I counted 85 on my office wall, mostly for jumping and showing (inhand and ridden).

And since being here in Hungary.... 14. Nine of them are Interdressage ones, (they are my really posh ones!) and 5 are from Riding Skills Tournaments here in Hungary. Plus I've got my bronze medal I won this year competing in a Western class against professional riders from Germany and Hungary! I was dead chuffed I came third on my fat cob! :D

Lots :D most are going mouldy in a trunk in my garage, the special ones are in a box in my bedroom. I have 3 trophies and a couple of medal things (not on ribbons just in boxes) my fav ones are the first rosette I ever got - PC gymkhana with Skerry where I got 4th in Chase me Charlie - he was the smallest one in our class :D An open SJ one - first one with Cheyenne, an in hand champion huge tiered thing i got with plonk and Ace & my 1st at a local dressage comp :) There are other much better ones but those are the ones that stick out emotionally for me!

I was riding for about 7 years, 4 years where i rode more than once a week, before doing anything but ring work and trail riding crossed my mind :p

My mom probably regrets suggesting showing to me now that its starting to cost. hahaha

I have 8!
But only reallc count 5, as 2 i got on a school thing where we had a SJ class, i did not get on with the horse i was on. The jumps were put up to abour 2foot4 for us ones that could ride, so i rode round riding horribily and came 5th. The other 5th for tack and turnout.
The other one i got for just turning up! Saying Special.

I have a clear round rosette, 2 third place rosettes and a second place rosette and i have never worked so hard to get them as i did that day!!
As i am horseless i dont get to go to shows often so those were ones based at riding school .But am being taken to one soon!

Rossettes have never impressed me since looking on a wall at a horsepersons tack room and seeing one for 13th place!!!!!!!!!!
As one that was showing dogs at the time and had shown many 1st place Reserve BOB's,and some BOB's and only once ever got a rossette (Which I had to give to the new owner as I'd sold the dog!) I felt they were given away like sweets to a kid playing games at a Party to stop them throwing a paddy if they didn't win.
Later I entered a lot of Fun Rides with my Hinny and got a Rosette everytime I entered (Many of them left overs from some show or other) but my best was a Diploma with Sarah-lee's name on it saying how many miles she had completed etc...THAT one I still have:)

Rossettes have never impressed me since looking on a wall at a horsepersons tack room and seeing one for 13th place!!!!!!!!!!

:D :eek: i remember a friend coming round and being really impressed with my rosette wall, saying 'Wow, you've never come lower than 6th at a show - well done!!!' I then very bashfully informed her that there had never been more than 6 people in the class :eek::p:D!

Haha, most of my rosettes are from the 'never more than 6 people in the class' scenario! I probably have about 10, though I've lost most of them, 2 of which I got with my old pony and the rest with my daft horse. She hates showing though, and got steadily worse the more she did :) and I got more and more bored with the whole thing until we sort of stopped going all together! I have one that I won with her that I'm really proud of - she came 5th out of 20 in her very first ridden arab class (though the judge was a rather old replacement for the proper judge, who was ill, and was dismissed by most of the competitors as bonkers. Well, I liked him!). Sadly I only made it to one show with my old pony (he LOVED them) but we somehow managed to get 2nd in the pairs jumping despite the jumps being ENORMOUS! Well, apparently they were only about 3 foot, but when you're on a 12'2 pony and all the other competitors are on stomping great big horses, that does seem pretty huge! It was certainly the biggest I'd ever jumped on him (or any other horse) at the time :)

newrider.com