I am a very happy girl today! *Pics* :D

skips and soda

Skippy Bum & Skoda Fabia
Sep 15, 2007
South West, Nr. Bath
This pic might explain some of the reason why. :)

Photo0146-1.jpg

Will post whole thing in 2 mins. :)

Okay, basically caught Skips this morning and he was so so sound. Really happy and we had a little trot (poor early morning drivers seeing me jogging! Lol!) and he was sound so I decided I had nothing to lose by having a short ride on him. Everyone said it would be a good idea so I just got on for 15 mins in the arena.

He was really good! :D Not that sharp and actually quite calm for him! Was thrilled! We just did 15 mins of walk really gently just to get him moving. He seemed really happy. :) We finished with half a 20 metre circle of trot on ech rein and then I jumped off and walked him around a bit to stretch out as he can be a bit stiff.

Am really pleased with how he went and he seemed happy to be being used and to have a job. Bless him. He's such a sweetie. I'm not getting my hopes up about him staying sound as I did last time and was crushed when he went lame again, but it was lovely to have a little rode on him, he seemed sound today and I think he was happy to have a job etc. :) Hopefully going to do the same again tomorrow just gently and we'll see how it goes. He's getting his new shoes on Tuesday hopefully. :)

arww bet your well glad to get bak on him :D
my pony got 3 splints last year and couldnt ride him all summer:(
felt weird wen i got bak on him!
hope hes even beter with his new shoes :D
hes gorgeus btw

Thanks guys! :D I was thrilled to have just had a little sit on him. I haven't ridden him in the arena since April! But he was very good and seemd very sound so long may it continue! :D

Soda was also very good today and jumped spreads for the first time. He's so good. I sat there like a lemon going "Oh my God I feel sick!" and he just came in and pinged it! Bless him! He has a rather powerful jump though, I've kinda got used to folding about a metre before I think we should actually take off now! Lol! He just gets remotely close to it and flies! Lol! It's fun though! :D

Thanks guys! :D

It was fab to be back on him again! Felt weird though as he is so so sos different to Soda! Think I've become a bit too accustomed to the easy life on Soda, forgot how narrow Skips is! Lol! He is much better for my position though as if I don't sit really tall on him then it really hurts my back (old back injury, God I sound old! Lol!). Soda's so comfy and armchair-esque that you easily get into bad habits of slouching on him! Lol!

YAY! I am so so so so so so so so so so so so happy for you! He looks briliant! Hope it just gets better from here:)

xxx

Thanks guys! I am very pleased and we'll just take it very very slowly and I'll keep my fingers crossed that he stays sound. I'm trying not to get too excited and happy about it cos obviously I did last time and then he was lame again.
But with any luck he'll be okay this time. Personally I think Skips deserves a bit of luck now after all he's been through over the past couple of months. :)

But anyway, am very pleased and had a big dopey grin on my face after such a fab day with the boys! :D

Yay!!!! Go Skippy!!!

That's great news and I think you're really sensible to take it a day at a time, that way each good day will be a lovely surprise :D

Guess I better have Soda now then.......:cool::p:rolleyes::D

Yay!!!! Go Skippy!!!

That's great news and I think you're really sensible to take it a day at a time, that way each good day will be a lovely surprise :D

Guess I better have Soda now then.......:cool::p:rolleyes::D

Thank you! :D

I will be so thrilled if I can have a little sit on him tomorrow! That is a really good way of outting it though, the less I expect, the happier I will be if he is okay! :D

Lol! Like I said, you can share his ear if you want?! Tee hee! :D;):p

newrider.com