I will try again in the forum.

I used to come on here years ago and had a lot of good conversations, I was just a little sad to see how quiet it had become.
But, maybe, like you say. the forum is a better place now people are kind and not all in a clique...
Hope to start as i mean to go on now. x

Welcome back! Change in forums and chat rooms always takes a while to settle, but I personally think NR is better for it - not so much of a need to tip-toe around certain subjects. There were some posters who were highly entertaining and who are a loss to the board (who remembers Old Woman??!), but we all move on.
Am in my late 40's and am now horseless after many years of happy loaning/ownership - hacked and low-level show, never brave enough to hunt though!

Mine was one of the more abrupt posts,but to be fair your post was a little negative and 'appeared' to be trying to provoke an argument.Just wanted to clear the air about that,and make a fresh start hopefully:)

I am also 'mature' (rising 37;)),although feel more than double that some day's lol,seem to have done nothing but fall to bits since I turned 30:eek::p

I have two equine friends.Jack,14.1hh rising 8 yr old fell pony,and Marble 3.5 yr old approx 14hh appy x native.

I ride the grumpy fell pony,mainly hacking as don't have a lot in the way of facilities to do much else (one of the downsides of keeping them on my doorstep).He's a bit of a Victor Meldrew personality wise,but is fabby to ride:D

I will hopefully soon be riding Marble pants,as he goes off to be backed etc tomorrow:D

Have a trailer and 4 x 4 now,so am hoping to get out and about a bit more this summer,and maybe do some shows with the spotty one:)

Look forward to seeing pics of yours!!

Yes, yours was probably the MOST abrupt post!! But never mind, it is a new day and I am not going to worry about that ( I spend every day in my profession getting some kind of horrible comment, i learn to live with it;))

Hope all goes well with Marble and just to reassure you, I got to 40 and went down the pan!........... BUT! I am 42 now and somehow, things are getting much better??
Dont know why, but i feel 25 again:D

Hee hee, I am starting to think I am one of the youngest members on the board :eek:

I'm Jess, 24, and I too have horses outside the window, 19 in fact, they are however not mine but merely my charges :rolleyes: I work at a riding centre in the Algarve but I'm originally from Cornwall.

Hope you will be able to get more involved from now on :)

Yes, yours was probably the MOST abrupt post!! But never mind, it is a new day and I am not going to worry about that ( I spend every day in my profession getting some kind of horrible comment, i learn to live with it;))

Hope all goes well with Marble and just to reassure you, I got to 40 and went down the pan!........... BUT! I am 42 now and somehow, things are getting much better??
Dont know why, but i feel 25 again:D

Well you did seem to be hankering after the old NR,and that was pretty much how 'abrupt' it got towards the end;)

Point taken,and claws retracted,no more handbags at dawn from me:p

oh to feel 25 again *sigh*,I feel more like 95 most day's:eek:

Hee hee, I am starting to think I am one of the youngest members on the board :eek:

I'm Jess, 24, and I too have horses outside the window, 19 in fact, they are however not mine but merely my charges :rolleyes: I work at a riding centre in the Algarve but I'm originally from Cornwall.

Hope you will be able to get more involved from now on :)

No, I'm younger than you! :D Off topic but I think I know where you work because I made an enquiry about coming over there while I'm off work to learn to ride again and the owner gave me a lovely long description of the place and mentioned a Jess who's 24! I'm going to sound like a stalker now! I decided to have lessons in the UK for the time being but I have the website bookmarked to visit in the future once I'm a bit more competent!

Cleanboots, pleased to hear that you're going to give it another go and start afresh, you definitely need to post pictures of your horses! You have plenty of replies to this thread too :)

Last edited:
Hi Welcome back! Yes pics are very important here!! :D

I'm 26 and have had Shadow on full loan since Jan (had been sharing him since last May) He's 17 y/o 15.hh, black TB x (no one's entirely sure!) :p

I've been riding on and off since around the age of 9, but had a long break before finding Shads. I'm hoping to compete in showing and possibly a little dressage in the summer.

I'm another rising 37 year old. I've got a 7 year daughter, a gorgeous loving and supportive hubby, 2 cats, a lizard and 2 ponies. I'll be getting more chickens this year and am researching beekeeping with a view to getting those next year :D

My mare Joy is a 14.3hh sec d mare rising 10 and the horsey love of my life. I got her just over 3 years ago and she's my first horse. I got her little boyfrind Littles on long term loan about 16 minths ago so I could rent a field and please myself in Joy's management as she's such a good doer and lives out 24/7 rugless and needing n feed except for vits and mins. Littles is a 10.2hh approx Shetland X gelding in his late teens.

I'm not as lucky as you as my 2 are kept nearly 13 miles from my house. I'm a happy hacker living in a built up area and so keep them out in the countryside with the best hacking I can find accessable to me.

For one reason or another my mare has been turned away since beginning of May last year and I'm now waiting for the weather to improve so I can can bring her back into work again and start the process of fittening her up. Can't wait to get out there again :D

I am pleased to be back and hope to enjoy the forum.
I will extend my subscription and hope to have many enjoyable discussions.

Speak soon and will remember the welcome.
Pics to follow when i have the help to put them on:confused:

Thats really lovely to hear!!

Nice to have you back ;) am not going to mention pictures as I have been on here for a while and havent posted any pictures of Jade yet as my camera broke, but have asked for one for my birthday and will make sure I get some on then :D

Hello

I am another mature rider, rising 39 :eek:, I have Harvey, who is a 16.3 IDxTB who I have had for a year and a half and is my first horse. We are having a few 'issues' at the moment, and as a long time lurker I was quite nervous about posting about these. I am soooo pleased I did 'tho as not only were there lots of replies but there were some really brilliant suggestions and very kind words. NR to the rescue!! That was worth the subscription fee alone.

Welcome :)

Hello
Sorry straight away as I am a thread killer!!! opps

Don't know the last post but will look it up in a minute as I like to know what upsets people so I can aviod doing the same.

I have Chanter (16.2 TBX) a rescue from a centre I have had him for over a year and I ride him every single day! That said he has had a leg problem which I will not bore you with I will add a thread.

Welcome PICS Not that I can access the pic at work!

I think I know where you work because I made an enquiry about coming over there while I'm off work to learn to ride again and the owner gave me a lovely long description of the place and mentioned a Jess who's 24! I'm going to sound like a stalker now!

Heeeeee!!!! **does a funny dance** That's meeeeee :D :D ROFLMAO what a small world :cool:

Welcome back Cleanboots. If you like cleaning boots you can have a go at mine - they are still filthy from the last show! :eek:

I am also a mature rider (rising 40!) and have been riding since I was 7. I have had my own pony / horse since I was 10.

I now have Tia, a 15hh lightweight show cob mare who is 11 this year. I have had her for 6 years next week. She has made my dreams come true, coming from a rescue centre and gpoing on to show at HOYS in 2008.

We have now retired from showing, and have taken up BHS Trec. We hack out a lot, do a bit of dressage and jumping, and generally enjoy each others company.

I have a partner, Fran, who still lives with his mother who lives next door but one, and we have a bull mastiff X, Sasha, who is 18 months old. We all go to shows and Trec events together in a borrowed wagon!

Hope you enjoy your time here :D

Heeeeee!!!! **does a funny dance** That's meeeeee :D :D ROFLMAO what a small world :cool:

Funnily enough I looked at your place for a holiday at the end of last year, just need to save some money and get a bit more practice riding then I'll be over (fingers crossed)

Sorry completely off topic!

Hi Cleanboots, I've also seen the major change in the site since it went to subscriptions and am one of the guilty ones who joined the other site but I'm staying here too! I like that on NR it's not as catty and I don't feel like a complete idiot asking my numpty questions:)

Nah you don't need more practise riding, some of the people who come to us have only sat on a horse a few times, and we manage to accommodate them anyway :p

Haha that's exactly what I said! Maybe we should have a NR trip to go out there to ride and meet Jess! Lol :D

Funnily enough I looked at your place for a holiday at the end of last year, just need to save some money and get a bit more practice riding then I'll be over (fingers crossed)

Sorry completely off topic!

Hi Cleanboots, I've also seen the major change in the site since it went to subscriptions and am one of the guilty ones who joined the other site but I'm staying here too! I like that on NR it's not as catty and I don't feel like a complete idiot asking my numpty questions:)

newrider.com