Is everyone missing due to riding more?

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I know it isn't always busy on here but seems quiet?
I seem to be missing a few people. Hmm. Are you all enjoying getting out and about in the good weather? Hahaha don't want to put names down in case I miss someone out:oops::D

Me neither. I have been busy recently but not with riding really as it’s too hot and ground too hard to do a lot. My OH managed to tear his Achilles’ tendon attempting to play cricket again a couple of weeks ago so I’ve been chief cook and bottlewasher, as well as chauffeuring him to hospital appointments lol. Thankfully he’s now in a boot which he can weightbear in so he’s a bit more mobile.

I wonder if people have less to post because it’s too hot to ride (sorry I know it hasn’t been so warm where you are @Trewsers)

Me neither. I have been busy recently but not with riding really as it’s too hot and ground too hard to do a lot. My OH managed to tear his Achilles’ tendon attempting to play cricket again a couple of weeks ago so I’ve been chief cook and bottlewasher, as well as chauffeuring him to hospital appointments lol. Thankfully he’s now in a boot which he can weightbear in so he’s a bit more mobile.

I wonder if people have less to post because it’s too hot to ride (sorry I know it hasn’t been so warm where you are @Trewsers)

Lol no it hasn't been hot here, I think I've become acclimatised though as other day it reached the giddy heights of 18 and I was wilting....:oops:
Sorry to hear your OH has a damaged tendon. Hope he is being good on "box rest:p

Reactions: Bodshi
18? I dream of 18! I'm so fed up with being hot & tired - this heat makes me tired - that I often can't summon up the enthusiasm to post much.

@Bodshi I hope your OH is back to normal soon.

Reactions: Bodshi
I'm on hols but been so busy doing school work (yes, some of us teachers do work during the hols!) and with various appointments (physio, saddler, dentist, farrier etc all for the horse!!) not to mention getting my backside in gear and working Kez consistently. But I've now put the school work away as determined to have the remainder of the hols as a proper rest

Reactions: lauren123
I'm still here & still riding but only 2-3 times a week due to work. CocaÏne's been doing brilliant at the RS, a total change of character for the better which I wasn't expecting. People say its because she's more conditioned there as opposed to her other livery where she has 24/7 freedom and see's me as a nuisance every time I turn up! I keep wanting to do a thread but really can't find the time at the moment:(

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
I'm still here. Not riding because the ground is too hard and the school is too dusty. Gracie is out on dry stalks and is the size of a house again :(

I've got some stuff coming up that I'll be able to share soon but all is quiet here at the mo.

Reactions: Trewsers
I'm here, my saddle issues have hampered riding a bit but I think we've cracked it, had a good 4 hours out today, ride a bit, wait a bit, ride a bit, hang out in the river a bit, ride a bit more, stop at the pub kind of ride so perfect in the heat :p I've got a few pics but it takes a while to upload pics and I feel like mine are pretty same-y from local rides so probably not all that interesting.

Lol no it hasn't been hot here, I think I've become acclimatised though as other day it reached the giddy heights of 18 and I was wilting....:oops:
18 degrees you mean?
It's been 23 here today.
Not sure what the word is heated off, hotted off riding, but still got weeds done.

Reactions: Trewsers
18 degrees you mean?
It's been 23 here today.
Not sure what the word is heated off, hotted off riding, but still got weeds done.
Its still 24 here now which feels positively cool compared to earlier, but even at 2pm it was cool compared to yesterday. Forecast is for 30+ here all week.

30 according to my car when I was driving home at about 3pm - today was meant to be the cooler day before it hots up in the week! I am so done with this heat, coblet is getting a clip & if I only had the body I'd be in short shorts and a bikini top!

I've not been riding much either,I haven't schooled since my share moved a couple of months ago, just been going on short hacks mainly in walk due to the ground.

if I only had the body I'd be in short shorts and a bikini top!
Well no bikini top but I did ride in short shorts today. I had to use Billie's long mane and tuck it under my thighs to stop me sticking to the leather saddle. As i did get a little glued at one point and it was painful when I tried to rise out the saddle.

I’m doing stuff I just don’t see the point in posting about it with it being quiet. It’s an effort to post pics etc then have no replies as nobody is about :)

Reactions: Cortrasna
newrider.com