It's a girl!

My kids all get a German name and an English name so mine won't help you much. My daughter's name is Annika Ruby.

German names are nice! I am a Kristina Karin. And I like them both.
(For non-Germans Karin is pronounced Car-in not Karen.)

Nope no def name yet!

Although we have always liked Sophie so we think that's a probable.

There's a few other names we like too:

Imogen
Thea
Charlotte
Ella
Isla
Amy
Hannah

But other names keep getting added when we hear them lol!

My future baby names are

Ava (liked it before it was popular, grrrrrr)
Ellis
Addison

I also like:
Elsie
Iris
Ivy
Olivia
Amelie (sp?)
Erin
Eilidh

You may have guessed I like names that start with vowels :giggle: my favourite just now is Ellis.

Congratulations!! :)

I like plain, traditional names... like Claire, Rachel, Lucy...

But that's probably because I've been condemned to a life of no one being able to spell or pronounce my name correctly... It's Chantil by the way...

German names are nice! I am a Kristina Karin. And I like them both.
(For non-Germans Karin is pronounced Car-in not Karen.)

I am Karin (car-in) too....but pronounced 'Karen' in England, but Car-in everywhere else in the world. :D

(When I am in the UK, I find myself pronouncing my name as I would to a Hungarian person who needs to spell it - Car-in Hot-sket!)

Whatever you do, steer away from things like 'Moon Unit' and 'Dweezle'...

Think how the name will sound coming over a tannoy at a horse show...! :D :D

My future baby names are

Ava (liked it before it was popular, grrrrrr)
Ellis
Addison

You may have guessed I like names that start with vowels :giggle: my favourite just now is Ellis.
And are you a fan of Grey's Anatomy too, Laura? :giggle:

do you think Ione-Beth as a middle name is too obscure? (current fave first name is Sophie)

OH's mum is called Ione, my mum called Elizabeth....it would combine the two...i would prefer just Ione but i think my mum would go a bit mad....

Our friends son is called 'Tiger'. We thought it a bit daft at the time but it does actually suit him. He is the young guy popular on kids TV atm but I can't remember the name of the programme.

do you think Ione-Beth as a middle name is too obscure? (current fave first name is Sophie)

OH's mum is called Ione, my mum called Elizabeth....it would combine the two...i would prefer just Ione but i think my mum would go a bit mad....

I would avoid obscure names, also names with unusual spellings and names that are usually surnames or place names. I'm a supply teacher, and I always see the worried look on the faces of children with unusual names - they always say "you'll never be able to spell that, Miss". It just seems an unnecessary small added stress in their lives, although it does make them easy to remember.

I would avoid obscure names, also names with unusual spellings and names that are usually surnames or place names. I'm a supply teacher, and I always see the worried look on the faces of children with unusual names - they always say "you'll never be able to spell that, Miss". It just seems an unnecessary small added stress in their lives, although it does make them easy to remember.

thats what i have been saying to my OH....he is adament thats what he wants...i love the name Ione though, perhaps i need to explain to my mum that its not personal!

he is adamant it needs to be either a name of family importance or she is not having one....i wanted her to have one but i dont want family politics of chosing one name over another!

Our friends son is called 'Tiger'. We thought it a bit daft at the time but it does actually suit him. He is the young guy popular on kids TV atm but I can't remember the name of the programme.

Is this the guy who plays jake on outnumbered??

newrider.com