Lost dog

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Yesterday on my way back from a ride I saw a dog running flat out into the forest, I wondered where its owner was at the time, moments later a lady came along saying the dog had run away and as it stands now almost 24 hours later she hasn't been found yet :(

She was seen late this morning near where I saw her yesterday so I am going to ride out in an hour or so and try to help with the search. The poor owner is really worried, he's been out there all evening/half the night and all day today :(

The owner could leave some clothing around where the dog was last seen, might encourage them back to the area. Fingers crossed she is found soon!

No luck last night, I rode until dusk then went back out on foot with another friend. I found out more info, its a young dog just come from training in Scotland (gun dog) so doesn't know the area and she had been into the vets for a small op, she then escaped from the car so still slightly under the effects of sedatives :( poor thing. Her owner is frantic, poor guy :(

Oh no that isn't good if she was just after an op. Poor owner I'm sure he is worried sick :( Fingers crossed she will turn up yet.

Reactions: Jessey
She was spotted again yesterday, a couple of miles from where she was seen the day before, now on the edge of a village but hopefully making her way around to get home. Unfortunately they still haven't been able to catch her, maybe today.

Reactions: Prjsmk
That's good she has been spotted, at least she is still well . Hopefully she will make her way to the village and someone can catch her .

Reactions: Jessey
My friends parents live in the nearest house to where she was seen, they have left their gate open and put food out in the hopes she will venture in and they can shut her in the garden.

Reactions: Prjsmk and joellie
You know when you start to find out more and it makes you windy;
The dog was brought from Scotland where it had been trialling, stopped in rugby for 2 weeks training and the now owner only picked her up on Sunday.
She had a minor op and was still dopey when it ran off just before 4pm Sunday (what vets do minor ops on a sunday?).
The owner couldn't hand out a pic until 24 hours after the dog went missing.
He doesn't know what the recall whistle is for his trained gun dog.
He's told different people she's 2 and 3 years old.
He said he put her on DogLost but the only thing on there about her is what another friend who has been helping with the search did.
That same friend suggested he called the old owner/trainer to check what the recall is and to ask what might tempt her and the owner said he can't call them.

Fishy.

Very odd.. There was something similar here a mising dog, but apparently the dog wasnt even missing here (i know this one is definitely loose) things just dont add up though

What breed of dog is she? There's always stuff on my FB popping up about stolen gun dogs.

'Minor op' might have been removing her chip?

Reactions: Prjsmk
newrider.com