Normal Behaviour For You, That Other People Don't Have.

Chanter does pretty much what the others have said, comes to call, stands in field for feet and rug changing. We free school once a week and people watch as he looks like he is on the lunge perfect circles, figure of 8, halt step back, away, loose jumps etc

But the one thing he does that I did not teach him is he begs when you give him his tea or when doing his carrat stretchs. My favourite thing is when I he has finished his tea and either in his field or in the toe up area I will undo his head coller and he will go between his leg and wait for his carrot and then move to the saddle area ad wait for the next carrot, Once he has done all four stretchs he walks to his stable and goes in to wait for his last carrot. This makes everyone laugh.

When turned out I take his head collar off in the outer field and he stands while I get his 'treats' he walks with me to his field goes in turns and waits for his treats before walking away and finally when coming out of his field I open the main gate and he walks through and stands to wait for me until I came through and put his head collar on..:biggrin:

i love my boy

I think I misunderstood this thread - I thought it was about things your horse would only do for you, not what they did that other people's didn't :D In which case we have a few (bad) habits, amongst which are...

Walking through an open gate and standing and waiting for me as a pair on the other side
Walking loose from the field to the yard and then putting themselves into their respective stables
Standing in the open stable doorway without coming out
Being able to go underneath them if it's the most convenient route to the other side
Standing loose to be trimmed / wormed / injected / clipped / flysprayed / rugged and derugged

I have forgotten what i meant when i started the thread now.

Yes i also have some bad habits, pulling me through the gate to sniff the foals is not really under the assistant horse heading. Though it technically does shut the gate.

She has a putting your foot on the bottom of the gate as well. I mean standing with just one foot on it the other dangles. She doesn't get off even if it cracks. Did this previous home

Storm always talks to me whenever I arrive at home, Joe would never say a word to OH!lol. Only when he was in a temper and wanted fetching in, this minute........(stamping tb dainty hoof !!!). Stormy always acknowledges me, I get a funny sort of whicker / whinny / hoo-hoo-hoo from the field.
Joe used to hoo-hoo but only when it was tea time and he was in his house!

Bob comes to call in the winter, gallops down and full on kisses when he gets there...completely ignores me in the summer. I can always catch him and when I eventually reach him (in his 20 acre very hilly field) he's like..."Oh hello mummy, I didn't know you were here...yes of course lets go for a nice hack..." Little Shite.

newrider.com