Tack colour on Dapple Greys

My mums new Connie youngster is a dapple grey, can't decide whether I like tan on her or not (sort of going towards not at the moment). The brown wasn't as nice as I thought it was going to be either :/

I have a rich havana on Gem, and have done since before she became fleabitten, back when she was dark dapple, almost black.

I had black tack initially on Gem and tbh it looked a bit tacky in a gp on her. Black dressage saddle however looks lovely.

This was Gem in my black gp

Gem in brown (not my saddle)

Reactions: Trewsers
Black every time for a dapple grey IMO - but not sure how that would work if you have intentions to do any serious showing?

Black every time for a dapple grey IMO - but not sure how that would work if you have intentions to do any serious showing?
You'd have to get a brown saddle too if you really wanted black. Personally I dislike black on a grey, but then I'm not a huge fan of black leather anyway and much prefer brown. Not that Gems quiet enough to show, she has too much of a 'let's get on with it' brain!

Reactions: Cortrasna
No intentions of showing her, she's just going to be a hacking/trec/endurance pony. The saddle we will be getting for her don't come up for sale secondhand very often so starting to look for one now, saw a tan and black one but after trying a tan and dark brown one on her today I'm not so sure I like either of the colours on her :/ Everything else we have that would/could be used on her (from my mums other horse, who's black) is brown.

Thanks for pics everyone, I think we will probably go for a very dark brown for her, as brown is my mothers preference.

newrider.com