Tack colour on Dapple Greys

Dapple greys (drools) oooh. I've not seen tan on them, usually black but that's not to say it wouldn't look lovely.

My mums new Connie youngster is a dapple grey, can't decide whether I like tan on her or not (sort of going towards not at the moment). The brown wasn't as nice as I thought it was going to be either :/

I have a rich havana on Gem, and have done since before she became fleabitten, back when she was dark dapple, almost black.

I had black tack initially on Gem and tbh it looked a bit tacky in a gp on her. Black dressage saddle however looks lovely.

This was Gem in my black gp

Gem in brown (not my saddle)

Black every time for a dapple grey IMO - but not sure how that would work if you have intentions to do any serious showing?

Black every time for a dapple grey IMO - but not sure how that would work if you have intentions to do any serious showing?
You'd have to get a brown saddle too if you really wanted black. Personally I dislike black on a grey, but then I'm not a huge fan of black leather anyway and much prefer brown. Not that Gems quiet enough to show, she has too much of a 'let's get on with it' brain!

No intentions of showing her, she's just going to be a hacking/trec/endurance pony. The saddle we will be getting for her don't come up for sale secondhand very often so starting to look for one now, saw a tan and black one but after trying a tan and dark brown one on her today I'm not so sure I like either of the colours on her :/ Everything else we have that would/could be used on her (from my mums other horse, who's black) is brown.

I haven't got a dapple grey; always wanted one, though - I think they look good in everything. But my choice for tack would be brown.

Thanks for pics everyone, I think we will probably go for a very dark brown for her, as brown is my mothers preference.

newrider.com
Back