The Lottie Diaries

Mine has the world's slowest walk with short legs and stride. :D We play catch unless it's trotting or canter.

@newforest to be fair Lottie is unnaturally fast with a stride that shouldn't be possible for a 15hh bog pony. Would be interested to know her breeding.

We're doing a dressage test at the end of the month :eek:!! Only going to support a friend as her horse has just come back into work after a hunting injury in October. I'm going for the craic, not doing any practicing other than attempting to learn the test. Don't even know if I'll hold her in a snaffle and no martingale yet, may next be seen in Devon :p

Reactions: orbvalley
@newforest to be fair Lottie is unnaturally fast with a stride that shouldn't be possible for a 15hh bog pony. Would be interested to know her breeding.

We're doing a dressage test at the end of the month :eek:!! Only going to support a friend as her horse has just come back into work after a hunting injury in October. I'm going for the craic, not doing any practicing other than attempting to learn the test. Don't even know if I'll hold her in a snaffle and no martingale yet, may next be seen in Devon :p
Pop in then. ;)

Reactions: Lissie
Everyone should have a Lottie! She's seriously cool :p such a lovely pony to own :D

Thinking about having a foal from her in a few years because she is soooo lovely with a perfect temperment. Has anyone heard of the ISH stallion "Cos me is black"? Would put her to something like that.

Reactions: orbvalley
I love the very bones of her, is it obvious lol. We have been asked to help whip in this weekend. Really looking forward to being up front and going on point, I know Lottie will totally love it! Very proud they think she's reliable enough at the job too, but I knew that anyway she lives to hunt and has whipped in before.

Lottie is being the perfect patient and doesn't seem too fed up of box rest yet. She's allowed walks but can't put her out as the injury is on the joint so the skin will stretch and could open if she runs round and I can't risk an infection especially where it is. We are very nearly there though and hopefully it won't be long until I'm back on her, I can't wait!!

The only problem I've got is a new horse moved in next door, 17.2hh and lunges at her. The stables have bars on the top half so they can see each other. This scares Lottie to the point she didn't dare eat her hay as he'd lunge at her. So I put her in my other horses stable as he lives out so not using it atm. All fine, but then another big horse that pulls faces has been put on the other side of her so she's gone off her food again and goes very quiet. My stables are next to each other so which ever one she's in she's got a big dominant horse one side. I want to put something up attached to the bars so it's more like a traditional box. Thinking something I could maybe cable tie to the bars so could easily be taken down but doesn't look a mess. Has anyone got any idea?

Thanks @MrC I'll get my OH onto this as she didn't even eat half a haynet last night. She'd be best in the traditional style boxes but it's all American barn stabling.

Thanks @MrC I'll get my OH onto this as she didn't even eat half a haynet last night. She'd be best in the traditional style boxes but it's all American barn stabling.
It's interesting how horses are different isn't it. The American barn system benefits us more? I guess in America they deal with blizzards and really cold blowing winds that would probably snap the door off our conventional. Assuming that's where it got is name from.
Mine hasn't had the experience of that barn.

Glad she is doing well and being a good patient.

That's do able for us I think.
Looks appealing.

I think it was the last jump of the day near some lorries, I was being naughty and larking really :p defo do able for you and super cob!! I reckon she'd pop a hedge too. It's easy once they get going.

newrider.com