Weekend thread

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
So who's got what planned for the weekend? lots of horsey time I hope :)

I've got friend's arriving tomorrow night, so I have to poo pick and set up 2 paddocks for their horses before they arrive, then we will ride down to the pub :) then they are off to a clinic Sat and show Sunday, then back to me Sunday night for another ride out in the forest :) My other plans consist of riding, getting my water pump working again....hopefully as I can't face lugging water in anymore and setting up a 2nd track inside the first to give Dan 2 fences to get by if he wants out and hopefully if I rotate between them there will be a bit more grass on the first. And of course all the normal chores need doing, and a few more as I am away next Sunday/Monday and taking Jess away the weekend after that.

I am setting off tomorrow morning with daughter in law Alex and grandson George to go and visit Scully in Italy - back Monday night, Alex is a nurse in A&E so only gets a long weekend once a month...

Hopefully I will canter Ivoir and ride Zara and Scully and little George (2yrs) will have a sit on Jaguar :) - photos to follow when I get back ...

Coincidentally, Zara was the name of one of the household cavalry horses killed 37 years ago on the 20th July in Hyde Park by the IRA bomb - so I will take a minute's silence with her in rememberance of her namesake and all the other horses killed that day.

Ohhh we will be almost 100 f real temp
And way over 100 f heat index

We heve been close to 90 f quite a bit.

Play has been tough a bit about 630 am
And geesh NO ONE wants to leave the barns .. horses or goats.

I got my patterns for the virtual challenge a few days ago
But it been too to really practice them at
All
Ive set the 3 patterns up thats it
But woo hoo i got a call today the video date has been extended from July 25 to july 31 due to the heat.

I saw that trail rides this weekend have been cancelled too.

Other than making sure all the kids are as COMFORTABLE as
possible and a Loooooong walk
In an air conditioned
Grocery store....
NOT MUCH....

Reactions: Huggy and Jessey
It's only Thursday. One whole day before we get to the weekend. Never mind it's due to rain all day. At least I'll be in the dry working.
Want to finish ragworting one of the paddocks. Been doing an hour every night all this week. Still loads to do.
I've got to worm all the sheep, then i need to wean the lambs from there mums, and split ewe lambs from the ram lambs.
Need to do some halter training on calves as weve been so busy with hay they've had no nothing for 4 weeks.
I've also got two trailers of about 300 bales of hay still to off load.

I am setting off tomorrow morning with daughter in law Alex and grandson George to go and visit Scully in Italy - back Monday night, Alex is a nurse in A&E so only gets a long weekend once a month...

Hopefully I will canter Ivoir and ride Zara and Scully and little George (2yrs) will have a sit on Jaguar :) - photos to follow when I get back ...

Coincidentally, Zara was the name of one of the household cavalry horses killed 37 years ago on the 20th July in Hyde Park by the IRA bomb - so I will take a minute's silence with her in rememberance of her namesake and all the other horses killed that day.
Oo yes we'd like to see pictures please :) Have a great weekend

Ohhh we will be almost 100 f real temp
And way over 100 f heat index

We heve been close to 90 f quite a bit.

Play has been tough a bit about 630 am
And geesh NO ONE wants to leave the barns .. horses or goats.

I got my patterns for the virtual challenge a few days ago
But it been too to really practice them at
All
Ive set the 3 patterns up thats it
But woo hoo i got a call today the video date has been extended from July 25 to july 31 due to the heat.

I saw that trail rides this weekend have been cancelled too.

Other than making sure all the kids are as COMFORTABLE as
possible and a Loooooong walk
In an air conditioned
Grocery store....
NOT MUCH....
Stay safe in the heat, sounds like you have it tough at the moment

It's only Thursday. One whole day before we get to the weekend. Never mind it's due to rain all day. At least I'll be in the dry working.
Want to finish ragworting one of the paddocks. Been doing an hour every night all this week. Still loads to do.
I've got to worm all the sheep, then i need to wean the lambs from there mums, and split ewe lambs from the ram lambs.
Need to do some halter training on calves as weve been so busy with hay they've had no nothing for 4 weeks.
I've also got two trailers of about 300 bales of hay still to off load.
I know I was a bit early :D but I figured posting Thursday gives people Friday to reply if they are out busy all weekend. I honestly don't know how you manage to do all you do, working and keeping a farm going is a lot of work!

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Saturday I'm working in the cafe and cooking like blazes. Sunday I am refencing my paddock from top to bottom and installing a new energiser. I'm glad it's raining now because it will make removing and installing the posts much easier!
At least you aren't too rushed to get it done before he arrives, I bet your itching to get him home though.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Busy day tomorrow,2 to ride at work, hol house to clean, I'll ride Comet early again and I need to finish off my room for my sofa coming on Monday!

Sunday i am taking hay to the field and going to brave actually leaving my field on Comet! Ridden that is! I've not rode him outside the field yet, nothing at all to do with him and everything to do with me but the forecast is nice and i'd like to finally pluck up the courage and do it!

Last edited:
Busy day tomorrow,2 to ride at work, hol house to clean, I'll ride Comet early again and I need to finish off my room for my sofa coming on Monday!

Sunday i am taking hay to the field and going to brave actually leaving my field on Comet! Ridden that is! I've not rode him outside the field yet, nothing at all to do with him and everything to do woth me but the forecast is nice and is like to finally pluck up the courage and do it!
Sending you some calm confident vibes for that trip out :)

I have a horse viewing on Sunday, so please wish me luck! While I do feel very lucky to be horse-shopping at all, I am finding the process ratehr hard going.

A happy weekend to you all :)
Good Luck vibes also winging it your way :)

Was going to ride tomorrow 1st thing, but a) it's pouring now, and supposed to tomorrow too, and b) had my 18 month grandson today, who is normally a sunny little chap, but he's teething and ran me ragged, so I think I'll delay til Sunday. Have hay coming Sunday so my son's coming at 9 tomorrow to move the pallets and set them up ready.

No one wants what we have here.
Its awful.
And will be just as bad or worse tomorrow

Ive been legging up Sonny gently walking on the road in the mornings in hand.about 630 or so in the am.

Then letting him in the big rd pen til the sun comes around.

Today he did not want to leave the fan
But we did walk at 6am he did not want to eat grass he just wanted to go back to the fan..

Thank god this is just a couple days before some relief...
I'm not w big fan of air conditioning ..
We don't have it in the house it is VERY rare that the thought of it would be nice.

Ugh I do MUCH A BETTER in really cold
as long as there is NO SNOW..

I guess towns and cities have opened cooling centers.

Ugh we supposedly will go DOWN to 85f
Overnite..

I'm out at first blush of light to feed clean and try to walk Sonny but geesh 85f at dawn is going to be tough to take.

Reactions: Trewsers
Been very busy today setting up the new bit website and Fb page - not because there is much urgency (it doesn't even open until August :rolleyes:) But to keep my mind and impatience off Miller's arrival tomorrow and my huge excitement about that- feel ridiculously like a young child waiting for her first pony. And wouldn't you just know it - The Doll is in full blown season today so the arrival of the first gelding she has shared a field with for 5 years (apart form the gelded donkeys of course that are far beneath her anyway dont you know ? ;) ) is going to be 'interesting' to say the least! Love her timing the daft old bat! :eek::D

newrider.com