What a day!!!!! **PICS**

kia is lovellyyyy!!

poor ratty :(

i cried when my YM put mice poisen down, and i swept it all up later on that day once she'd gone home!!!!!

Lovely pony pics :D

but poor ratkin! think of his poor baby rattens that are without thier daddy now, all you people who laughed!! shame on you all! :(

;) seriously though, poor thing!

Last edited:
Kia is looking mighty handsome!!

I think I would of made sure ratty was dead tho.. I couldnt see something twitching awwwee..

I ran over amouse on the way to the yard.. I did go back to ensure it was dead :eek: silly yes I knooooooowwww !!

I have killed animals before that have been clearly suffering. We had some Rabbit killers in at an old yard I liveried at.. They dressed all in combat gear and walked the perimeter of the fields shooting bunnys.. Thats fine I dont want my horse breaking its leg in a rabbit hole.. Plus alot were suffering with Mexi..

However I went Mad with them, when I looked in there pickup boot... alot were clearly still alive ( some crawling about) but slowly suffering a agonising death I dont think they deserved that

Poor rat, I can't kill any of god's little creatures. I had no probs picking up rats and mice when I did my stint at a pet shop, think they are kind of misunderstood. I can't believe you would drown mice:mad:

Kia's looking innocently lush ;)

As for the rat; well... I think I would have 'guided' it out the door because a live rat running away from me I can just about deal with...killing it, yeah okay, i'd manage that aswell with a good wallop with the spade..but then touching it and having to dispose of it.

I'm alright thanks :D

Rather you than me. I run the other way if I see a rat in the shed. If I see a mouse it gets hit but I don't take on rats, there more likely to run up my leg.

Red's owner's just text me (scarily timed) saying that she found two mice in the Cool Mix bin..cue me saying "how about the horses don't get fed tomorrow night? :D"

And the worse thing is i'm going to be on my own, in the dark, scary yard with 6 horses and a herd (is it a herd? :confused: ) of rats & mice.

Can't wait...

Oooh I say, KAB can rescue me in the morning :D

Think Rats are classed as a colony or a mischief?

and mice are just mice ?!?

You have to be careful with rats mind guys as if they feel threatened, they will jump at you - trust me, it's well scary when they are that size. It's like, rats on steroids lol.
I had a prob with rats up my yard. They were brave little sods and came out when I was there. I decided to turn out the lights and stand nice and still and quiet to see what they did. I only hat to wait about a min and I was surrounded by 5 of the fat buggers, one of which did indeed jump at me when it saw me!!! The only time in my life I have ever screamed and went out then and there and brought shed loads of poison!! Ratty no more after that.:D

You have to be careful with rats mind guys as if they feel threatened, they will jump at you - trust me, it's well scary when they are that size. It's like, rats on steroids lol.
I had a prob with rats up my yard. They were brave little sods and came out when I was there. I decided to turn out the lights and stand nice and still and quiet to see what they did. I only hat to wait about a min and I was surrounded by 5 of the fat buggers, one of which did indeed jump at me when it saw me!!! The only time in my life I have ever screamed and went out then and there and brought shed loads of poison!! Ratty no more after that.:D

OMG, please don't say things like that :(

&£%$! *shivers*

Sorry but it's true hun.
Well, the clan by me were well up for an attack;)

Poor rat, I can't kill any of god's little creatures. I had no probs picking up rats and mice when I did my stint at a pet shop, think they are kind of misunderstood. I can't believe you would drown mice:mad:

It's all very well when they're small and pets, but that rat would probably be able to eat my guinea pig with no trouble, and it's not on when there are horses about.

Merlyn used to have mice, no more since the poison went down. They are pests, they are disease ridden, and I do not want them spreading bacteria and pooing in Merlyn's food (he probs wouldn't recognise it and would eat it :rolleyes:)

They destroy feed containers the bigger and braver they get, and frankly when I have to pick dismembered mouse out of Merlyn's feet, I feel like retching :eek: Bless him, he hasn't a clue he's murdered mouse families before :eek:

Poor rat, I'd never kill anything but then again rats/mice don't bother me in the slightest lol. I think their quite cute, personally! :p
:

me too:eek: huge rats scurry out of our stable to grab the odd oat on the floor, I just stare at them with facination, we used to have a pet rat and they remind me of him, I was very fond of him;) I know they spread disease but I could never kill them any more then I could kill a dog, saying that I run out and rescue slugs and snails from being stood on and am mortified if I accidently step on one myself:eek:

newrider.com