Will he grow any bigger ?

newforest

Living every little girls dream- stuff the adults!
Mar 15, 2008
A field
Except these don't bleed unless you cut the actual horse itself.

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
A field
I might have to give that ago the mud near the gate in the winter field is horrendous and it's the only way out of the field it's just like a mud bath for pigs and it worries me with his feathers and mud rash but I make sure I put loads of mud barrier on his legs before he goes out so gives him some protection.
Iv got some turnout boots for him but hes lost one so can only use the 2 front at the min and I idealy want to protect all four of his legs not just 2
Took this today so you can see what we do.
PicsArt_11-08-06.59.12.jpg

Reactions: domane and Misha

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
A field
If it looks messy it will grow back. It allows the hoof to dry and the mud doesn't clog up underneath.
She comes in almost clean.

Misha

Nov 28, 2018
If it looks messy it will grow back. It allows the hoof to dry and the mud doesn't clog up underneath.
She comes in almost clean.
That's good I'm certainly going to do that with ozzys feathers will make such a difference and Like you say yours comes in clean which is what I want with him too.
Also I know cobs are hardier and dont need rugging as such ( hes not clipped ) hes got a lovely thick coat hes very hairy iv got him a 0 fill rain sheet for cold wet days also a cooler so if he is soaked I can stick it on and dry him off so it reduces the risk of him getting a chill in stable but iv also got him a gorgeous blue fleece ( stable ) and I'd love to put him in it but worried that he overheats during the night last thing I want to do is overrug him :( his stable isn't in a barn or anything its undercover but can be quite draughty does anyone else put a fleece on there cob when in

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
A field
If she's had to be in for anything I don't rug unless unwell. To solve the nippy corner I hung two large nets and filled with a combo of hay and straw. It blocked the breeze and she could nibble if she wanted.

Misha

Nov 28, 2018
If she's had to be in for anything I don't rug unless unwell. To solve the nippy corner I hung two large nets and filled with a combo of hay and straw. It blocked the breeze and she could nibble if she wanted.
I'm not a fan of rugging really I prefer them to be without and natural my other horse I had pts was the type that needed rugging
I wish I could keep ozzy out at night he much preferes been out rather than stuck in his stable but iv not got that option anymore as yard rules are they have to be in on a night and out during day and hes happier out 24/7 so hes a bit bored on a night plus now the other 2 horses that were on the yard have left and its 3 week ago I lost my big lad so been alot of change for ozzy over the last 3 week so hes been a bit colicky and stressing as hes the only one there now even in the field so I prefer him out to keep everything moving feel so sorry for him looking at the option of possibly getting a companion for him sometime down the line but not right now as ( 1I) cant afford to got massive vet bill for sarry & ( 2) I want to work with him and concentrate on just him so bit stuck how to stop him stressing on a night in stable hes got balles hung from his stable roof and a treat ball but he just seems so down

Reactions: Huggy