Your weather

We had fireworks across town to last night. The were well away but it scared Billy. I was just walking him back to the field last night. Hed been grazing my lawn all day. They started and it got him syraight on his toes spinning round. I had a job to hold him. Hes got worse for noises after those ones my neighbour set off last year just over our head.

I wish they would simply remove the bang, its so simple. As a kid I was the display and the lights, not waiting for the bang.

Just out doing the animals and there is the most amazing lighting storm. No thunder just streaks of bright yellow flashes in the sky.

It's dark, damp and cold. This time last week we were frying at a competition. Today is MW rugs. Suddenly any wish to ride has disappeared and sitting inside is preferable 🙁

Its not cold here. Its quite humid still. Too hot for a jumper. It has just started raining though. So temperature might drop.

We went for a very long walk this morning with daughter's lovely dog. The one we puppy walked till s.i.l. put a stop to it. Now s.i.l. in hospital after a bike crash and the dog was all ours. She is adult now and so absolutely obedient, it was a pleasure. If a horse came in sight we called her and she came at once and waited till we clipped on her lead. We didnt come across a single deer, but met a woman carryng a substantial pair of antlers.

In hindsight absolutely not the weather to be halfway up a hill on a horse when thunder strikes. Still, no harm no foul and all that jazz. Just a lot of wet tack and riding clothes!

• Wow
Reactions: Jessey
I am making the most of the few days of wet weather.
It certainly helps her out with her sore hoof.
Messed up any photo opportunity unless I wanted hard to see horse ones.
Its not cold and there are horses in rugs but she's out clipped, naked and fine.

It’s been vest weather here again today, I got pretty well burnt yesterday. A few times today it looked all angry and stormy but it hasn’t come to anything yet.

Thunder and heavy rain from about 11 until 3. Brighter for a bit then threatening again. Don't think I'll get out tomorrow either.

We had short torrential thunderstorms today, they came out of nowhere but it was perfectly calm in between and the wind got knarly every time, so no riding for me tonight. Again.

We had thunder and rain overnight last night. Several heavy showers and numerous light ones today. It was quite breezy this morning.

YM phoned to say it was too windy for me to ride Ella today. Unprecedented. Rather sad, as it is my birthday and I have a tradition of nice rides on my birthday, with a celebration meal in the evening.

Its dry but howling a gale here today. I had planned a ride with friends on Sunday, but this entire week looks like bad weather whenever I am not at work (including Sunday) so I have cancelled, I'm absolutely exhausted and just can't be bothered to ride in crappy weather. Hopefully next week will be better 🤞

It is still blowing a gale here. No riding for me this week. It isnt the horse who is the problem. The old trees are dangerous in high winds. I am always worried that if I go 2 or 3 weeks with no riding, I may not be able to get up on a horse next time. But our RI has a disabled RDA mounting block at the height of a stirrup so if all else fails, I can SOS her for a lesson.

It is still blowing a gale here. No riding for me this week. It isnt the horse who is the problem. The old trees are dangerous in high winds. I am always worried that if I go 2 or 3 weeks with no riding, I may not be able to get up on a horse next time. But our RI has a disabled RDA mounting block at the height of a stirrup so if all else fails, I can SOS her for a lesson.
I can't recall when I last rode. Mine is still a little sore so she's resting.
I actually don't rice much in the winter anyway and usually take my saddle home.

It was heavy steady rain here this afternoon, just what our ground needs as it was drinking it down. Jess and the little boys didn’t look like they’d noticed it was raining. Niko was very grumpy about it, nose to the ground, ears back, trotting around, in and out of the shelter, it’s still 17c so I hadn’t rugged him but I don’t think it will be long before I have to!

newrider.com