Your weather

Very wet here. My top paddock is very muddy after the water weve had today. Think the boys are grumpy too. Chunky has his fly sheet back on as the fly are going for a few places on his back. Namely the area where all the hair meets in different directions. Dont understand it but theyve done both sides. Hes never been eaten there.
Im going to move the boys back to the track now weve done the hay. But theres some places the grass has shot and seeing as theyve eaten my top paddock down and im substiting with hay im worried about putting them on the track with all this wet grass might be a bit much. Hoping it will be a bit drier tomorrow.

Not added to this for ages.

Have we all survived the weather so far. We've had more rainfall than usual, I think it's fair to say we don't need the weatherman to tell us that!

This is my gateway, as you can see it's developed it's own moat.
It has come up over the stepping stones and was a foot deep at one point.
But, it doesn't look like that now. I have sorted it. It's really satisfying as well. A non muddy wet swamp gateway in winter, beautiful.

_20240224_113232.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: Jessey
I was thinking only this morning that last February is was so dry i put the horses up on the top lawn round the veg garden to mow it for me. No chance this year they would just sink on it. Theres a nice bite on there with there name on it as soon as its dry enough.
Heres hoping that weve seen the worse of the persistant rain and we just start having some light showers and warmth with it to give us that spring feel.

Everywhere is saturated here, it doesn't take much rain now to flood again. Thursday was so bad that even Luka chose to come in after a couple of hours out and was quite chilled in the stable that evening!

It’s been so wet, but yesterday was nice, it stayed dry all day and the sun did its best to stay out but boy it got cold fast once the sun went down, it’s -2 now. I was hoping for an early ride but it might have wait until lunch time.

Heavy frost last night and this morning, not nice when everywhere is already so wet. Then more rain forecast for this afternoon and overnight followed by strong NNE winds tomorrow. My plans for getting us back in some regular work are not going well.

Cold here, no frost at all. Grass is very wet so a heavy dew. I did the animals very early and came back with wet feet and very cold toes. I should have warn wellies but i didnt think it would that wet considering it was a drying day yesterday.

It's raining here today as they forecast. They gave one of those amber warnings for get your canoe out.
There are countries out there that must be waiting this wet stuff.

Wet and wild out there. I am not looking forward to venturing out there. If it was a weekend i would turn over and have an extra hour or two in bed while this blows throw. Darn its not and i need to go to work.
I think even Quin could sense how wild it is as he just laid curled up in his bed not moving. He knows best.
We are also forecast some snow later and some tomorrow, we shall see. Will be our first this winter.

I hope is doesnt stay too cold though as weve had to let our wood burner out as the chimney is blocked. Waiting for someone to come and clear it. Our house currently stinks of horrible soot where the fire down drafted and filled the entire house with smoke. Setting the fire alarm off in the process.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I’m still in bed but can only see clear blue skies here, it was disgusting heavy rain for most of the day yesterday though and we’ll probably get it at the weekend when I’m off!

Thats not like you to still be in bed @Jessey

Ive gone back to bed for ½ hour. They are showing it to improve. There is no point in going out now it really is dire. If the sheep are being sensible they will be sheltering in the woods. They would waste there breakfast.

I hope it does dry up soon. Im getting stressed as I can count the weeks before i start lambing on one hand and i need to do the mucking out and wash the shed out, which i can only do at weekends. My shoulder is too painful so it wont be getting done this weekend and with the rain now id just churn the field getting out to the muck heap.

Raining hard here now, and was overnight too. Seriously wondering if I should buy a boat. Of course Luka will still expect to go out, though I'll get a dirty look because the weather is, of course, my fault and I should do something about it. Another day of not riding, my plan of getting him back into some regular work isn't going well.

newrider.com