Your weather

Oh no no! Ours went a few weeks ago, when we had temperatures of -8 and lower. It was horrible. You have all my sympathy. I hope you have some alternative heat sources šŸ¤ž
Thanks, we have a plug in heater in our bedroom and one that we can move about to different rooms. However, Mr T seems to have found a work around / temp fix so the radiators are actually working. Just not sure on the hot water but that isn't the end of the world, we have the kettle.šŸ˜¬

It's like that here too, with the added "bonus" of the ground being so cold the fog freezes on contact. Nasty, very nasty.

Yep same here, has been for a couple of days now, itā€™s meant to lift today and settle to just plain old wet and grey, added bonus it should stay above freezing for the next week so I can get all the tanks refilled just in the nic of time!

Sun is just getting onto the lower parts of the field but the hill behind is still not getting anything. Took this last week. You cant reall see the frost in this picture.

20230120_130248.jpg

This was on Monday. Where the sun got on next doors field is green although still very hard ground.
My fields were rock solid, white.
The farrier got a bit of a shock when he stepped out his van. The other side of town it was bright sunshine and so much warmer. He had to put extra layers on at mine.
Somewhere down there through the cloud and fog is the town.

20230121_151651.jpg

Later in the evening i took this from down the road looking in the opposite direction. In the distance you can see the opposite hill. Under that cloud is the valley and town. The fog formations throughout the day were quite spectacular.

20230121_165459.jpg

Anyone want to trade places on Wednesday?! EEek take a look at the weather here. It could all change. I hope. But you can generally add a bit on for the fact we aren't in town and are more exposed. So it's going to be a rough ride I think.

Screenshot (1321).png

Thanks guys. I've prepped as much as I can. We're expecting a lull tomorrow so going to drive to the village and pick up some food for us that doesn't require any cooking (in case of power loss). When it's at it's worst we'll stay put indoors. Zi and Storm will have extra food and water and I'll keep both in. It really isn't safe if there's going to be byre slates coming off - or more of the tin roof coming free. Cats will all camp out in the garage no doubt but I'll leave two bowls of cat biscuits in the tin roof barn just in case they don't want to leave there and make their way to the house. Least they'll have something to eat then if it's too rough to venture out.

Reactions: carthorse
Anyone want to trade places on Wednesday?! EEek take a look at the weather here. It could all change. I hope. But you can generally add a bit on for the fact we aren't in town and are more exposed. So it's going to be a rough ride I think.

View attachment 116001
I have about ten different weather websites on the go-to list in the hope one of them says it will be calm!

Reactions: Trewsers
I have about ten different weather websites on the go-to list in the hope one of them says it will be calm!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this šŸ¤£

I'm hoping and praying for some reasonable weather this next week or so. I finally got to ride Luka after about a month off - weather and holidays - and I want to get him back into some regular work. He didn't do anything wrong but he was very fresh indeed, and a couple of weeks consistent work will settle him as well as dealing with the fat he's laid down in his time off - I did wonder if the saddle was going to fit!

Reactions: Frances144
Yesterday it was lovely, blue skies, not forecast
Today is wet, they didn't forecast that either.
I think at this time of year, you will get weather of some description.

My little mounting block hadn't blown away.
AndroVid_5378.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Lol blowing a right hooley here just now. Think itā€™s all week by the looks of it, maybe it will change. Hard hats required, I donā€™t trust the tin roof one bit! I was going to groom madam on the yard but I think we might both take off and end up in the pentland firth!

Reactions: Jessey
Itā€™s so dry here I actually harrowed half the field when I shut it off on Sunday! Thatā€™s early even for us.
It was bright and sunny here yesterday, the ponies enjoyed having their rugs off and sun bathing all day. Today is not really sunny, semi overcast and I just looked on the camera and their tucked in the corner out of the wind likely cursing me for taking rugs off today.

Reactions: Trewsers
Itā€™s so dry here I actually harrowed half the field when I shut it off on Sunday! Thatā€™s early even for us.
It was bright and sunny here yesterday, the ponies enjoyed having their rugs off and sun bathing all day. Today is not really sunny, semi overcast and I just looked on the camera and their tucked in the corner out of the wind likely cursing me for taking rugs off today.
Sometimes you can't win with the rugs can you!

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com