Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

We all wore masks at work yesterday in support of the new ruling even though it isn't in place until the 24th. Loads more customers are wearing them too. I'll be honest I went and did my food shop this morning and completely forgot mine, all the staff were wearing them. I will make more of an effort from now on.

After initially hating the masks I now feel much safer wearing them, before they felt claustrophobic, now they feel comforting. It's quite reassuring to know that you are following the best advice in a way, and that if the customers do come too close you are additionally protected.

I've ordered a couple of cute ones with animals on to wear whilst volunteering at the wildlife rescue. I think at work we have to wear plain ones.

Ive got a buff. I wear it to keep my hair back all the time. I tried wearing it over my mouth the other day and was gagging. Ive got a small quantity of masks, i didnt know about. I was given them by the consultant at the hospital about 4 years ago when i had my persistent cough that wouldnt go. We dicussed about wearing masks when i go into peoples houses as they were getting fed up of me coughing and i was worried about infection. He went off and came back with a box. I never looked inside it. I thought there was a couple in there. I just put in my draw and never actually used them. My brother got a pack of 10 at the chemist the other day and only when we were discussing it did i go and get the box out. Opened it and discovered theres about 15 in there. So we have a few to be going on with. Not keen to wear one but im going to have to. I just hope i dont gag. Even my dentist commented ages ago i have a terrible gag reflex.

Ive got to go shopping today, as i have a £5 off shopping voucher that expires today. I also need to fuel my car for the first time since March.

Reactions: Trewsers
Had my feedback yesterday from my latest college assignment, super happy, talk about a confidence boost! One day I may start believing that I’m actually rather good at this.

• Love
Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
Ive got back and shoulder ache today. Think that might be the 4 miles of sitting trot i did yesterday and a horse leaning on the bit. Oh well. Let it settle down and maybe I'll do it a bit more often. Obviously need to build some core strength.

• Wow
Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
Ive got a buff. I wear it to keep my hair back all the time. I tried wearing it over my mouth the other day and was gagging. Ive got a small quantity of masks, i didnt know about. I was given them by the consultant at the hospital about 4 years ago when i had my persistent cough that wouldnt go. We dicussed about wearing masks when i go into peoples houses as they were getting fed up of me coughing and i was worried about infection. He went off and came back with a box. I never looked inside it. I thought there was a couple in there. I just put in my draw and never actually used them. My brother got a pack of 10 at the chemist the other day and only when we were discussing it did i go and get the box out. Opened it and discovered theres about 15 in there. So we have a few to be going on with. Not keen to wear one but im going to have to. I just hope i dont gag. Even my dentist commented ages ago i have a terrible gag reflex.

Ive got to go shopping today, as i have a £5 off shopping voucher that expires today. I also need to fuel my car for the first time since March.

I was meant to be wearing masks to muck out - a few years ago I started cough coughing and I begun wearing them but hated them and threw them all away. I suppose I have mild copd. I should be more careful and start wearing them again. (Your post reminded me). I wish I'd saved them now.

Had my feedback yesterday from my latest college assignment, super happy, talk about a confidence boost! One day I may start believing that I’m actually rather good at this.
Not surprised that you are getting good feedback, your work is incredible! My mum's birthday is coming up, very excited to give her the card!!

Can't see the scarf working, it's going to be too hot. I am fine until I cover my nose then I get the can't breathe feeling.
I did see more people with them so I am going to have a go.
However - I also saw people with them under their chin which defeats the object. But I can't comment because I may end up being one of these people as you will forget.

Oh dear, and the cob was being so good!
I am wondering about wearing our snoods rather than masks. I haven't bought a mask yet but will do. Not that I plan on even getting out the car, the local shop just shove my shopping right into the boot. But at some point I'm going to have to face up to getting petrol in town. And that means filling the car and paying for it and going inside somewhere, I shall probably collapse with fear once I get back into the car.:(
You are not alone in losing confidence, really truly. I have mr t but I am still afraid to go anywhere even with him. I know it might sound ridiculous but there I've said it. I've got two furry snoods and two sort of stretchy light weight ones, originally bought for keeping my hair back in the wind in summer. But you can use them for all manner of things they are bit like those Buff things that someone on here used to use.
Yes she was being angelic, now she's fully settled in, she's checking the boundaries. ;)

Town was fine in the end, but I also wonder if it's because I am just not meeting anyone?
I think that's a negative with working from home and the current restrictions.

Can't see the scarf working, it's going to be too hot. I am fine until I cover my nose then I get the can't breathe feeling.
I did see more people with them so I am going to have a go.
However - I also saw people with them under their chin which defeats the object. But I can't comment because I may end up being one of these people as you will forget.

Before the lockdown actually started I remember going into the local gp surgery to collect OH's prescription. I was so worried I wore my furry snood pulled right up - didn't care how eccentric it looked! But what surprised me was that they were all covid ready! They had the floor marked and sanitiser at the door and then through the other door and nobody asked me to sign anything like they normally would. I was still glad I'd worn it though. But of course it was still winter up here back in first week of March.

I was meant to be wearing masks to muck out - a few years ago I started cough coughing and I begun wearing them but hated them and threw them all away. I suppose I have mild copd. I should be more careful and start wearing them again. (Your post reminded me). I wish I'd saved them now.

Same here Trewsers. They were the disposable builders masks that are rigid and stand away from the mouth and nose, but they made me feel dizzy and a couple of times I nearly fainted - I'm not the fainting type! - so I stopped using them. I'm dreading having to wear them if I'm honest, I struggled with a disposable one a few weeks ago to help with a horse that was being scanned. I don;t know if the feeling of not being able to breathe and getting dizzy is psychological or my asthma, I suspect the former but then getting anxious means the asthma starts kicking in too - I must remember to have my inhaler on me if I need to wear one.

Ive just done a morrisons shop. Id say about 50% of shoppers were wearing masks. I only saw one member of staff on the tills wearing one.

I wore my buff and when i went in i didnt have it up, but when i saw people wearing masks it made me think oh i better pull my buff up. To start with i couldnt get it to sit right. It kept falling down so i just gave up. Then i took it off and put it back on and it stayed up for the rest of the shop. But it kind of defeated the object as id already been handling items in store. I did use there sanitizer they had round the store a couple of times but i do wonder if lots of people are touching the lever whether its safe to use.

I did use there sanitizer they had round the store a couple of times but i do wonder if lots of people are touching the lever whether its safe to use.
you're rubbing the sanitiser in immediately after touching the lever so I'd say you're better using it than not (other people will have been touching other things you will be touching)

Reactions: carthorse
Same here Trewsers. They were the disposable builders masks that are rigid and stand away from the mouth and nose, but they made me feel dizzy and a couple of times I nearly fainted - I'm not the fainting type! - so I stopped using them. I'm dreading having to wear them if I'm honest, I struggled with a disposable one a few weeks ago to help with a horse that was being scanned. I don;t know if the feeling of not being able to breathe and getting dizzy is psychological or my asthma, I suspect the former but then getting anxious means the asthma starts kicking in too - I must remember to have my inhaler on me if I need to wear one.
I think having asthma is an excempt from using. They haven't published the conditions but my thinking is respiratory conditions will be worse if you restrict oxygen.
Which fits in with my wear a face covering just before we end the shielding and kick these people back to work, because it's the employer who decides now and those shielding probably can't wear the covering.

@chunky monkey
I don't know if you made a comment somewhere about head shaking and getting a different net?
Somebody did somewhere.

Maybe this would be useful. It can go under the bridle because there are two gaps for the bit.
I have one of we are lunging of head that's too tempting. It's in my pocket and if she's insistent on being rude it goes on.
_20200717_215426.JPG

Yes it was me @newforest. I have a top nose net. It definitely helps but didnt cure it. But he does manage to snag them on the gates, brambles and gorse on the overgrown tracks.
There is a video on you tube of a video on how to make a full nose net from a pair of tights. Not sure how long a pair of tights will last if the nose nets getting snagged. Seeing that picture that Ale put up just made me think a face mask would last longer than a pair of tights. Would also stop sneaky munches.
I was contemplating trying the tights or a full nose bag like yours. But ive had a breakthrough riding him in a fly mask this year. Weve gone from dangerous and verging on unrideable, to virtually nothing. We have odd days.

newrider.com