Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

@chunky monkey
I don't know if you made a comment somewhere about head shaking and getting a different net?
Somebody did somewhere.

Maybe this would be useful. It can go under the bridle because there are two gaps for the bit.
I have one of we are lunging of head that's too tempting. It's in my pocket and if she's insistent on being rude it goes on.
View attachment 103081
I'm imagining hacking out in this. The comments I get about hi Viz ear coverings! Why has your horse got a bonnet or hat haha. But if it works then great!

I got my uni results back a couple of days ago, a week early, so I wasn'tentally prepared for them haha. I've now officially finished my foundation degree. Come September I'm starting a top up degree to turn it into a full honours degree. I'm so lucky where I live that I'm able to do this and would be silly to waste the opportunity.

Over the moon really as not an easy couple of years, got 2 A- , 10 A and 10 A+. Feels quite surreal writing that as never imagined I would do so well. Anyway onto next year and hopefully a career with animals along the way

And thankyou for all the support and advice on here. Always lovely to talk things through and hear all your interesting and varied opinions

Well done Ale not just for the results but for all the hard work and thought you put in. Those results are well deserved. The more thought and study one puts in, the harder it becomes to handle the material and present it as a good essay. You are doing great.

You say you are surprised; I am surpised in a way - I would not have predicted it from your very earliest NR posts. But you have now spent years posting on NR. That involves organising material and writng it out. So being on NR was not time wasting on social media. You became someone very competent with words and with writing, and we all know you are kind and competent with animals and all living creatures as well.
And then you chose the right degree, and stuck with it and studied.
Dont be surprised by the person you have grown into. It isnt an accident. You made it happen and we all wish you very well for the future.

Reactions: MrA and Huggy
I got my uni results back a couple of days ago, a week early, so I wasn'tentally prepared for them haha. I've now officially finished my foundation degree. Come September I'm starting a top up degree to turn it into a full honours degree. I'm so lucky where I live that I'm able to do this and would be silly to waste the opportunity.

Over the moon really as not an easy couple of years, got 2 A- , 10 A and 10 A+. Feels quite surreal writing that as never imagined I would do so well. Anyway onto next year and hopefully a career with animals along the way

And thankyou for all the support and advice on here. Always lovely to talk things through and hear all your interesting and varied opinions
Well done Ale that's fabulous and very well deserved.

I'm imagining hacking out in this. The comments I get about hi Viz ear coverings! Why has your horse got a bonnet or hat haha. But if it works then great!
I think I have moved to another world. Nobody comments about anything here, its a breath of fresh air if nothing else.
I have been made very welcome and people get on with their own business.

Well done @Ale, great achievement.

I get loads of comments about loving the hi viz ears when im driving chunky. Yet when i dont put them on nobody comments about the hiviz strip around his breast collar. Funny how people percieve things.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Same here Trewsers. They were the disposable builders masks that are rigid and stand away from the mouth and nose, but they made me feel dizzy and a couple of times I nearly fainted - I'm not the fainting type! - so I stopped using them. I'm dreading having to wear them if I'm honest, I struggled with a disposable one a few weeks ago to help with a horse that was being scanned. I don;t know if the feeling of not being able to breathe and getting dizzy is psychological or my asthma, I suspect the former but then getting anxious means the asthma starts kicking in too - I must remember to have my inhaler on me if I need to wear one.

I think the feeling of not being able to breathe easily wearing one can quickly escalate. I hope you are okay if you have to wear one. Mr T has asthma and I really don't know how he'll feel on wearing his. As you say, make sure you have your inhaler just in case.

Ive just done a morrisons shop. Id say about 50% of shoppers were wearing masks. I only saw one member of staff on the tills wearing one.

I wore my buff and when i went in i didnt have it up, but when i saw people wearing masks it made me think oh i better pull my buff up. To start with i couldnt get it to sit right. It kept falling down so i just gave up. Then i took it off and put it back on and it stayed up for the rest of the shop. But it kind of defeated the object as id already been handling items in store. I did use there sanitizer they had round the store a couple of times but i do wonder if lots of people are touching the lever whether its safe to use.

I always wonder about the sanitiser lever too.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Thank you all, such very kind and supportive words. It's really appreciated :)

You deserve every bit of support - I know I don't know you in real life but you always come across as extremely kind and thoughtful to both man and beast no matter what, and sometimes you put up with rather a lot! I'm really pleased for your about your achievements, this latest one is fabulous. Onwards and upwards - to wherever you want your life to take you.

Yesterday i had back and shoulder ache. Today ive still got it but in addition my glutes are also killing me. Its painful to sit. I am so unfit its unbelievable.

I am nowhere near as fit as I thought. I've been working Zi in hand every day now for just over a week. Which includes trotting him in hand. And believe me when he gets going with those long long legs it's hard work for my short stumpy ones keeping up. I don't mind admitting I was b*ggered today after we'd finished. Makes me realise - despite mucking them all out and all the heaving and lifting I do with hay and other yard chores, I'm still a bit out of puff. Humph. Hope you are pain free soon!

@Trewsers I'm wondering if the face visors would count as face coverings for shopping? I don't see why they shouldn't, and they look like they'd give me more space to breathe since they aren't right against my nose and mouth.
I can’t imagine how horrid that feeling of not being able to breathe must be, can totally understand your concerns regarding masks and yes I imagine a face shield would equally count as a ‘face covering’.

Reactions: Trewsers
I dont subscribe to the Daily Telegraph but they are running a report which says that visors are not a substitute for face masks.

"Plastic visors fail to provide adequate protection from coronavirus infection and should only be worn in combination with a face mask, Swiss authorities have announced...."

I think the feeling of not being able to breathe easily wearing one can quickly escalate. I hope you are okay if you have to wear one. Mr T has asthma and I really don't know how he'll feel on wearing his. As you say, make sure you have your inhaler just in case.
Asthma would fit into the medical conditions who are exempt surely?

And its not enforceable by the shop, or public transport but, if a police officer happened to pop in/on, you would be fined.
I am going to be wearing mine.

newrider.com