Coffee & Cake Shop Chat

Blimmey what a day and an expense one. Dropped mum at the hospital for 9.30. Went round to the playing field with floss for some stimulating. It was blowing a hooley. Got back to the car and thought I'll just sit here and wait till mum rings to be collected. Sure she wont be long. So sat browsing on my phone. Put the radio on on the car. Fan was going and the heated seat was working. Although not the engine. Didnt think anything more of it. Till i went to start the car. Dead. Not even remotely trying to turn over. I had managed to flatten the battery. So i had to ring my brother and ask him to come jump start me. Mum then rings to say she was waiting for them to put her in a removeable plaster cast.
So i then drove round to the battery place to get a new battery. As the battery went flat in march when we went into lockdown after only a week of not using the car i thought lets not mess about. Been fine all over the summer. Guess its just now its turned cold that its decided to play up again. Guy said it was the original and was 10 years old, so it had done well by all accounts. But i nearly dropped when he said £150.
Then went back to hospital to pick mum up. Never got home till gone 12. Shes now got drs and nurses appointments booked for the next two weeks. For dressings and more assessment. The dr and consultant she saw today also now think that looking at her xrays her dislocated toe did not occur last week when she thinks she stubbed her toe. The toe stubb has just swollen and blistered because of her conditions and sensitive body. Until that heals they wont be able to decided on a plan of action for the dislocation.
Had to cancel work as well this morning, no way i could fit that in, so now have extra tomorrow.
Just got home from work this afternoon and floss is now lame on her front leg. So now shes even more wobbly. I dont think i over walked her this morning, but whether shes strained a muscle on one of her topples i dont know. Ive given her a little loxicon to see if it helps, but shes not had it before and it says it can cause sickness. So only gave her a bit. Poor girl, she is in the wars at the moment.
What a day! Let’s hope you don’t get too many more like this one.

Well that really is a crappy day. If you have the energy, open a large bottle of wine, and/or box of chocolates and indulge - you've earned it.

Just sitting down for five minutes with a Crunchie, I've earned it lol It's been a busy day so far. Feed delivery (lots of it), shopping collection (lots of it), recycling collection day (lots of it) and paid work (lots of that too!). Still haven't found the time to pull my Halloween gear out (I love having extra lighting in the kitchen because we spend so many evenings in there!). I'm actually glad to just be sat here for a minute or two.

Had a lovely day. My birthday, so, coffee in bed, pressies, then up to the field. No ride, as weather terrible. OH got me a 2hr training session with birds of prey - was on my bucket list, so I'm thrilled. Lots of other lovely things, from the kids as well. The kids staggered their visits, so very busy - spent most of the time drawing scary faces on balloons for the grandchildren. Also, first time since spring going up the field at 4.30 and it being dark by the time I left.

Had a lovely day. My birthday, so, coffee in bed, pressies, then up to the field. No ride, as weather terrible. OH got me a 2hr training session with birds of prey - was on my bucket list, so I'm thrilled. Lots of other lovely things, from the kids as well. The kids staggered their visits, so very busy - spent most of the time drawing scary faces on balloons for the grandchildren. Also, first time since spring going up the field at 4.30 and it being dark by the time I left.
Happy birthday!

Reactions: Huggy
Happy belated birthday Huggy, sounds like you had the most wonderful day ? The falconry will be awesome, my daughter got me one for my 50th I loved it.

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
Just been cleaning the windowsills ready for putting the decos up. Honestly, the depth of them is lovely but unless you have really long arms and long legs you can't reach to clean them! I just roped mr t in but he grumbled so we had to give up. Hmm. It's quite chilly here today but managed to play about with Zi a bit in the school which was good, soon got warm keeping up with his long legged strides!

Reactions: MrA
I've been so run down from all the work and family stress recently, day off today and decided I was doing nothing. Of course nothing for me means down the field at half 6 this morning replacing all the old/broken fence insulators but I enjoy a nice safe, tidy field. I bagged up the gravel used to weigh down my hay feeder too as that had started to leak out it's original packet. Replaced about 20 fence insulators that were damaged so nearly all of them now do their proper job and the fence looks much tidier. Still got a small section of tape to replace as that's really old and keeps snapping but ale isn't in that bit so not a priority. Swapped my batteries too and fixed a couple of haynets (foxes had stolen the strings!) Heading back to the yard shortly as I've got Brodie today but I won't bother riding as the weather is pants and it's an extra day. I'm going to try and resist the urge to replace the tape tonight ?

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
Nearly joined mum wearing plaster cast this afternoon. Was sorting out new grazing for the boys. They are now at the very top of the field which catches all the north winds. Very exposed. Went to put headcollar on chunky to bring him in, he suddenly spooked at the wind gust, shot forward straight on my foot. Only had my wellies on so copped the full weight.

I'm feeling like something to nibble, I'm a bit peckish. If I was a horse I'd be constantly seeking food...................lol
What's everyone been up to today? Weather not too bad here but we're in for some high winds / gales tomorrow.

Reactions: Kite_Rider and PePo
Just sewn the weather forecast for tomorrow ... I'm glad I'm riding tomorrow morning! It might be wet and windy, but it won't be quite as horrific.

I rode early this morning and WFH. I've just finished walking the dog and my online yoga so surfing online a bit before dinner. I'm worse for snacking at home than when I was in the office Trewsers! My current guilty pleasure is borboun biscuits..

I was working this morning then did a shop straight after. Home for a late lunch, then out to ride. Just finished doing the rounds on the sheep. The days gone.
Oh must look at the forecast now. If its going to be better first thing i better ride early.
I think its gales tomorrow and sunday. Supposed to be foot trimming and putting the rams in with the ewes this weekend, but i really dont fancy standing outside trying to foot trim soggy sheep in gales.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Well today I rode, yay, we had a nice little hack today actually, I’ve been assured by the guys from HS2 that all debris has been cleared from the ford now and just as good, they are not expecting much in the way of heavy plant from now on, oh my goodness though, the amount of mature broadleaved woodland they have felled this last week is quite shocking and makes me very sad. ?
Oh and on the way home from the yard I almost ran over a beautiful female sparrowhawk, didn’t see her until I was virtually on top of her as she was happily breakfasting on a pigeon in the road and so well camouflaged, that made me happy to see her so close though.
Then I went home, got changed and went for a 3 mile run, had a quick bite to eat (frangipan tart I made yesterday) then off up to the new house to crack on with a bit more decorating, back home in time to start a painting (@horseandgoatmom beautiful autumn trees) and before I knew it it was time to head back to the yard to sort Belle out, finally sat down to eat at 7.00 and suddenly though how hungry I was!
Tomorrow I intend to have a more leisurely day. ?

Rode in the dank drizzle and rain - but enjoyed it. Then home to clean before the hordes descend on Monday. Daughters b'day on Sunday, so wrapped presents. Up To the field with grandsons, so they could see the tractor, and help poo pick. I did 12 they did 4. Cooked chicken tikka, and ate while watching a good film. Now? Bed!

Just been out to walk the dogs. Can only see a little of the moon as its cloudy. But its so light out. I cant believe how still and calm it is out just now. Hard to believe that its going to be very windy and wet all day tomorrow. Worse than it was today.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
newrider.com