Coronavirus

Dreading it, I'm either forced to go see my boyfriend's family or we will probably row and I'll be seen as the bad guy for not wanting to risk his families life. Feel like they won't take no for an answer, not even willing to discuss it at the moment.

I'd love to just go for a nice quiet hack. Not seeing my family at all, mum's at risk and caring for my grandma too. My brother who lives with them hasn't been out since Feb apart from to exercise. Why after all his sacrafice (if you can call it that but you know what I mean) should I be allowed to go in and expose them to high risk. Makes no sense.

Won't see my nan either, she's in a bubble with one of her daughters so at least she won't be alone. They don't go out much as are retired so feels safer
Don't be bullied into doing things you don't feel comfortable with. These are not normal times and nobody should judge you or make you feel like you're doing the wrong thing.

Don't be bullied into doing things you don't feel comfortable with. These are not normal times and nobody should judge you or make you feel like you're doing the wrong thing.
This with massive knobs on! I can’t even begin to tell you the strain this has put on me and Mr KR because he’s been torn between protecting me and helping his Mum, who has carers four times a day and neighbours going in and out all the time, thankfully the last time he saw her was 12 days ago ( because I put my foot down and said no more or I’m moving out) got the phone call today to tell us she’s just tested positive for Covid. ?
Ale you need to do what feels right for you, put yourself first for once and if your boyfriend rows with you because you won’t risk putting other people at risk, including his family, then he needs to realise just how very, very lucky he is to have you in his life.

This with massive knobs on! I can’t even begin to tell you the strain this has put on me and Mr KR because he’s been torn between protecting me and helping his Mum, who has carers four times a day and neighbours going in and out all the time, thankfully the last time he saw her was 12 days ago ( because I put my foot down and said no more or I’m moving out) got the phone call today to tell us she’s just tested positive for Covid. ?
Ale you need to do what feels right for you, put yourself first for once and if your boyfriend rows with you because you won’t risk putting other people at risk, including his family, then he needs to realise just how very, very lucky he is to have you in his life.
Oh I am so sorry to hear this about mr kr's mum. I am so with you on putting your foot down, you've dodged a bullet there I feel. I can only imagine the strain you have been under. Thankfully my mil isn't within travelling distance otherwise we'd have been subjected to the same pressure.

Yes Ale don't be bullied .

You have already had one rodeo with him going to pubs w friends..
Then a friend positive that gave you worries you did not need.

Put your foot down if his family can't understand too bad..

Things are bad and getting worse people
Need to start realizing it.

If there was a massive blizzard going on no one would be visiting... this should be a no brainer..

Omg Kite Rider thank god he has not been there.
You were right to put your foot down..

The weekly briefing is going on now
Shes pleading w people to do the right thind and not gather w anyone you do
not live with.
Our field hospitals open next week.

We went out really early to get a few things and places were pretty empty..hmm everyone must be at the airport..

It may have gotten much more crowded with Thanksgiving being tomorrow.
Im just happy we missed it.
I did not notice t.p. shortages YET.
or really anything else.
Im not going to hoard but just stay
Ahead..

I think its utter madness too.
Ive listen to a couple of my clients at work, who are having the family over for christmas. Im now thinking i would be best to cancel all my work for a fortnight after Christmas to avoid coming into contact with the people i work for incase theyve picked it up. I always find planning work for Christmas and new year stressful with trying to keep everyone happy. The risk of me getting covid after because theyve been stupid meeting there families is already adding to my stress levels.

I read in the local paper they've stopped carehome visits up here in one of the homes due to someone testing positive. I feel so sorry for old folk who have no choice in that they have to rely on the home to keep them safe. I hope it doesn't get out of hand. :(
To be fair care homes are just about as safe as they can be right now, anyone moving in is tested on admission and confined to their rooms until the test comes back, if it’s positive they are isolated for two weeks, which scares me actually as they have found some people still have a big enough viral load to spread it even after 49 days, even if they appear well, if negative they can mingle, all staff are tested weekly, residents monthly although they are hoping to increase that to staff twice a week and residents weekly, it’s not ideal but better than back in March.
MIL is ok so far, bit of a cough and slight fever, but we’ll just have to keep our fingers crossed she doesn’t go downhill.

Went to our little local shop today. Bit of a queue, and in the queue, 2 women talking - neither wearing masks. One thought it was hilarious that she wasn't allowed back to work because, wait for it - she was shielding. Standing in a queue in a tiny shop, no mask and she was shielding. ?‍♀️

Went to our little local shop today. Bit of a queue, and in the queue, 2 women talking - neither wearing masks. One thought it was hilarious that she wasn't allowed back to work because, wait for it - she was shielding. Standing in a queue in a tiny shop, no mask and she was shielding. ?‍♀️
Idiots like her make me so angry. The NHS staff risk their lives to save people like that. :mad:

She clearly wasn't shielding though. This annoyed me in the first lockdown, people being given food parcels etc because they had a shielding letter and it meant they didn't have to shop - trying to get home deliveries was nigh on impossible in some places - and then going out and mixing anyway. Couldn't possibly risk going to work, but happy to treat a trip to the supermarket as a social event and meet up at outdoor "protests". While it undoubtedly saved people and protected the most vulnerable some of those people really abused it.

She clearly wasn't shielding though. This annoyed me in the first lockdown, people being given food parcels etc because they had a shielding letter and it meant they didn't have to shop - trying to get home deliveries was nigh on impossible in some places - and then going out and mixing anyway. Couldn't possibly risk going to work, but happy to treat a trip to the supermarket as a social event and meet up at outdoor "protests". While it undoubtedly saved people and protected the most vulnerable some of those people really abused it.
Yup, me too, I am and have been shielding since March, I go to the yard and back, if I do interact with anyone at the yard I stay at least six foot away from them and have no qualms about telling anyone to move if they are getting too close, to be honest I can move folk at the yard with a ‘look’ these days! ?
I’ve seen my eldest daughter once, socially distanced with masks, outdoors and I’ve seen my youngest twice as above, I never asked for the Boris food parcel because I eventually managed to get priority slots with Tesco and we always keep well stocked food cupboards, most of the people I know of who fall under the shielding category are super careful, to the point where some people think we are perhaps paranoid and excessive with it.
Those who don’t take it seriously should give up their right to NHS care quite frankly, it disgusts me that people are breaking the rules in general, but those deemed CEV should be ashamed of themselves taking free food boxes and then blatantly living life as normal and putting themselves and lots of others at risk.

I'm with you Kite rider.

The people that are not behaving should go to the back of the line for care.

Its annoying to see the insanity.

Lol you had me in stitches laughing
About the "LOOK"

I start there a also but quickly go to
BACK OFF .. if needed.

Have you noticed the... WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM.... look back...???

YOUR TOO F.. IN .. CLOSE... that's the problem.

They say black Friday here will be a spreader.

I'm with you Kite rider.

The people that are not behaving should go to the back of the line for care.

Its annoying to see the insanity.

Lol you had me in stitches laughing
About the "LOOK"

I start there a also but quickly go to
BACK OFF .. if needed.

Have you noticed the... WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM.... look back...???

YOUR TOO F.. IN .. CLOSE... that's the problem.

They say black Friday here will be a spreader.
Yep I have the "look" too!
And I'm not afraid to tell people not to come any closer! We had a water official come round to warn us a while ago when the lockdown was on. He was masked up but even so I shouted "please leave it there "(he had a leaflet warning us we might lose water overnight). He looked rather huffy at not being invited up into the yard! But I don't care who I offend. I've not gone to all this bother to undo all the good out of social politeness / correctness!

newrider.com