Coronavirus

Ohhh the 430 news just said you..the UK
approved the vaccine...
I wonder how the distribution will go.
The meeting on approval here is Dec 10.

This PAUSE here Ugh I don't think its going all that well. PEOPLE seem to have a screw you attitude sadly.

A gym with a few locations has REFUSED to close
Crowds of people going.
Other places getting fines for non compliance and saying they aren't paying..

If she doesn't get a handle on this it's going to be total mayhem.

The longer places refusing to abide by the rules have no downside its really going ro cause a spiral of more and more jumping onboard.

It's a bit scary and depressing.

Airports were packed over Thanksgiving.

2 field hospitals opened here on Monday.

The briefing is tomorrow I do wonder what she is going to say.

With cases rising so quickly people need to be MORE careful.
They are doing the exact opposite going off the rails of bad STUPID behavior.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Such a big fuss is being made about this vaccine that I worry people will think that because it's here they're safe. It's going to be a while before it's rolled out to level that is useful to society as opposed to individuals and in the meantime people need to be sensible, something many have had a problem with even before vaccines or effective treatments. It's going to get worse before it gets better :(

I saw a man walking down the Main Street yesterday with a placard saying ‘ the government is lying, Covid isn’t real’ ? Do people honestly think that any government would plunge their respective countries into economic chaos, just so they can ‘control’ us? As for the government is lying, well yes, that’s what they do, possibly the only thing they are actually good at.
As for the vaccine, I know a lot of people are worried about the vaccine and it’s safety, personally I’d rather take my chances with the vaccine than Covid, especially if it means I can live my life without the constant shadow of Covid hanging over me.

I saw a man walking down the Main Street yesterday with a placard saying ‘ the government is lying, Covid isn’t real’ ? Do people honestly think that any government would plunge their respective countries into economic chaos, just so they can ‘control’ us? As for the government is lying, well yes, that’s what they do, possibly the only thing they are actually good at.
As for the vaccine, I know a lot of people are worried about the vaccine and it’s safety, personally I’d rather take my chances with the vaccine than Covid, especially if it means I can live my life without the constant shadow of Covid hanging over me.
If I were in power I'd round up people like that and frog march them to the nearest Covid unit. Whereby they would be forced to be kitted out in ppe and subjected to working on the ward. I think they might just change their minds. Grrrr. They do make me soooo annoyed. It's just an excuse for every anarchist and dork in the world to rebel. Rebel against what though?! It's ridiculous it really is. Okay I'll stop now. Gosh I do get hot and bothered!

Yes people are relying on the vaccine and letting their guards down now! I’m cautious and will wait and see. I assume everyone has the virus so employ my hermit rules at all times!!!

And here was me thinking you just liked avoiding people!

I know a few of these and some of their theories are out of this world. One insists that it's man made and we've all been injected with a time delayed version of it so the governments can keep it going for population control, oh and the vaccine is to sterilise people. Another that it's being blown out of all proportion and is just a flu strain. Then there's the aliens did it brigade!

Realistically there's a risk with all vaccines and none are 100% effective. It's a far lower risk than the disease is though.
If I were in power I'd round up people like that and frog march them to the nearest Covid unit. Whereby they would be forced to be kitted out in ppe and subjected to working on the ward. I think they might just change their minds. Grrrr. They do make me soooo annoyed. It's just an excuse for every anarchist and dork in the world to rebel. Rebel against what though?! It's ridiculous it really is. Okay I'll stop now. Gosh I do get hot and bothered!

But would you want anyone that stupid/paranoid working on a ward? They'd probably cause the death rate to rocket. And I doubt they would change their minds, they'd still insist it was a conspiracy, and I daresay some of the nuttier ones would claim the patients were actors.

• Angry
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
And here was me thinking you just liked avoiding people!

I know a few of these and some of their theories are out of this world. One insists that it's man made and we've all been injected with a time delayed version of it so the governments can keep it going for population control, oh and the vaccine is to sterilise people. Another that it's being blown out of all proportion and is just a flu strain. Then there's the aliens did it brigade!

Realistically there's a risk with all vaccines and none are 100% effective. It's a far lower risk than the disease is though.

But would you want anyone that stupid/paranoid working on a ward? They'd probably cause the death rate to rocket. And I doubt they would change their minds, they'd still insist it was a conspiracy, and I daresay some of the nuttier ones would claim the patients were actors.
Lol yes the covid has just made me feel "normal" about avoiding people ? I've been doing it for years. (Bit like Tom Baker in the episode of Blackadder where they are all stuck on a ship drinking their own wee. He'd been doing it since before the supplies ran out haahhahahahaaha)

I had to cancel a job on sunday. School rang parents to say the teacher had tested positive so child had to stay off for two weeks. Its a small special needs school so chances are there might be closer contact between pupils and teacher. Parents offered me the option of working i said no. It just frustrates me though that although the child is off, siblings can still go to school, and parents can still go to work. So i cant see how the circuit of virus is going to be broken.

Totally.

Someone i was talking to today was booking at table at a pub for the weekend. They were booking for them and friends. Apparently the pub asked if they were one household. When they said no, the pub said sorry but we cant take your booking.

I said nothing but thought are you barmy even thinking of booking a pub at present. I just dont get it.

Huggy I actually am too.
I worry on so many levels..

The temp it needs to be scares me.
I don't see that being properly maintaned.

If it's not is it ineffective or dangerous.

What's the temp it's injected into the body.

They said here yesterday they want health care getting staggered vaccinations in case there is a problem to not loose whole units of caregivers.

I treat everyone like they are positive.
I don't visit congregate or gather.
NFW would I go to a restraunt.
I'm in and out shopping for what I need to for us and the animals.

Hopefully by the time it gets to us we can see how other groups are doing and make the choice then.

Here nursing homes ..assisted living will be next after health care workers.

How that goes will be a tipping point for me ...will someones grandmother be basically very healthy in assisted living get the vaccine and succumb to
Side affects???

Not that anyone can be totally safe being careful and avoiding risky behavior....

Over here too they say they are worried after the first shot people will not go back for the second..and where does that
Leave everything.

The briefing is today the defiant gyms are STILL open.
What's she going to say to that and WHAT
are the other closed gyms following the
Pause going to do... and the other closed businesses and reduced restraunt capacity.

I bet it gets ugly.

Reactions: Trewsers
May I ask why Huggy? I’m just curious, one of our liveries is a nurse, she’s said she won’t have it because she doesn’t trust it’s safety.
Exactly that reason. I think the wrong factors have been driving the race to produce a vaccine - fear and finance. It's SO fast, and we all know what happens when things are rushed. I don't like that we are the only country that's prepared to use it either.

newrider.com