Coronavirus

I guess the first person to get vaccinated was a 90 year old woman.
The article did not say much.

Has anything been said about people being asymptomatic and getting the vaccine?
Do people have to get tested first??

Nothing at all has been mentioned about any of that here.
I think they are even giving it to people who have tested positive, because they are not sure how long the antibodies last?

I can totally understand people HAVING HAD BEEN POSITIVE..

But not people currently positive. And so many are asymptomatic and dont know it.

What are the ramifications if someone had it and did not know.
Apparently you’ll only be able to have the vaccine if it’s more than four weeks since you were tested positive and you have no symptoms
No idea on asymptomatic people though.

I can't wait until OH can have it - like @Kite_Rider he's in Group 4 and has been/is shielding.

I'm way, way down the list but at least when he has some protection, we can begin to de-hermit ourselves :)
I hope you and your OH are doing ok. I’m finding it harder and harder to cope with mentally right now, this vaccine can’t come soon enough.

Thanks kite rider .. that makes sense.
Im sure they will figure it out more as they go along.

Now its said 1 shot is approx 52% effective ...not that dissimilar to the flu shot.
I wonder if they will decide at some point 2 doses of flu shots will give more protection.

I dont think they have said if this will always be 2 shots or like lots of the horses vaccines its 2 spaced weeks to start then once yearly...

There is so much not being said...and probably lots they just don't know.

Massachusetts is rolling back to part 1 of phase 3.
At our briefing Thursday I'm sure the pause will continue and we will pull back even more.

One prison in this state is 89 % positive both prisoners and guards.

The damn do gooders are pressing
Release them all... its a maximum security prison..NFW you idiots.

I would not put it past inmates trying to get it thinking its their ticket out.

There was a bit of talk a few weeks ago of dogs and cats possibly carrying it.
And if there was a correlation to forced hot air heating and its spread within a household.
Nothing more has been said

Some tigers have tested positive at a Barcelona zoo as well as a couple keepers.
A house cat maybe but how close can interactions really be.
It's not a Siegfried and Roy situation at zoo's.

I really dread morons bad behavior for Christmas and New Years.
Apparently the malls were packed over the weekend.

• Sad
Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
This am the news said you had 2 health care workers with allergic reactions to the vaccine..but they regularly carried epi pens with them due to allergies.

Now i guess people prone to allergic reactions should not get it..

As more people get it there will be more
Things that pop up.

Tomorrow is the meeting here on its
Approval

Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
This am the news said you had 2 health care workers with allergic reactions to the vaccine..but they regularly carried epi pens with them due to allergies.

Now i guess people prone to allergic reactions should not get it..

As more people get it there will be more
Things that pop up.

Tomorrow is the meeting here on its
Approval
Yeah I read about that too with the allergic reactions. They always ask whenever I've had a normal flu jab if I have any allergies to hens eggs.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I don't understand. Matt Hancock says the fastest rise in numbers of cases is in 11 to 18 year olds, yet in the same sentence says that it isn't in the interests of public health to change how schools are operating. Can someone explain that one to me? Yes in the worst areas they're going to test heavily at schools, but by then the kids are there mixing and many will have travelled in on school buses so different groups to those they're in classes with. I know they want to keep education going, but from a public health view this is madness.

You wont be alone @Ale, youll be able to spend as long as you like with ale without feeling guilty that you need to get home for the boyfriend.
Sorry to be rude ale but what is wrong with your bf or rsther the company he works for. Given the crisis i wouldnt have gone or the company should have cancelled this year. Maybe offered a christmas bonus instead of paying for the meal.

You wont be alone @Ale, youll be able to spend as long as you like with ale without feeling guilty that you need to get home for the boyfriend.
Sorry to be rude ale but what is wrong with your bf or rsther the company he works for. Given the crisis i wouldnt have gone or the company should have cancelled this year. Maybe offered a christmas bonus instead of paying for the meal.
This^^^^^^ with brass knobs on!

• Love
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Yes ditto CHUNKY...

ohhh Ale..
I feel for you.
They need a cure for the GUY GENE...
Didn't he learn from the worth at the PUB
a couple months ago..

And WHERE THE HELL IS THE COMPANY'S BRAIN..

It's very unfair to put people in that situation..

I heard ..now I have no idea if this Is true..
that people can't drink for 2 months after the vaccine..

I don't drink ..I'm not a tea toatler ..I don't like the taste of any of it...actually I don't like tea either...

Lots of people including my husband like a good dark beer or wine..not to excess.

I seriously doubt people will stop.
Whats the bloody side effects from that.

Lots of nursing home workers here don't want it and families of residents have to say yes and apparantly they are not jumping on board either.

The first part of the emergency approval went thru last nite
THE FDA part is supposed to be in the next day or so..

Reactions: Trewsers
Our first doses could be here tonite and started to be given as early as tomorrow..

I saw the woman who volunteers across the street
And works at the nursing home that had no cases.
She tested positive 3 weeks ago she said and a resident tested positive too but she was never near that person.
She never had any symptoms

This to me is weird they said she had to quareentine for 14 days then could go back to work...
I said they make you test negative to go back right...NO... THEY SAID THEY WON'T TEST HER AGAIN

WTF.. that sounds insane..

The governors second in command tested positive a few days ago but the governor said she didnt have contact with him
The head of the health dept tested positive yesterday now everyone that was on the stage Thursday during the briefing has to quareentine
The governor the guy talking about small businesses
The doctor that talked at legnth about
The vaccine
And lots of others they did not spell out

The health dept head had no symptoms either

Thats very very scary if these people can still spread it

• Sad
Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
newrider.com