Coronavirus

BUT only if your workplace is Covid secure, that’s the guidance for those of us who have been shielding, so please what exactly is a Covid secure workplace?
I looked it up on the hse website, absolutely work from home if at all possible, if not no face to face with people not from your household, so, what happens to those of us who’s job involves being face to face with many people not from their household? We have to either go to the GP with ‘anxiety’ and get signed off sick or we quit and get nothing, I’m very, very lucky in so far as I don’t have to go back to work if I don’t want to, but there will be plenty of shielded people out there who will be faced with a similar dilemma, the bit I really don’t understand is what was the point in asking us to shield in the first place if it’s all fine and dandy now?

Exactly can all my workplaces make there homes covid secure. The best security is for me to not be going there in the first place.
I havent officially been shielding as my mum didnt get a letter or anything. But if i dont go to work i wont have any income, and i dont qualify for anything other than the self employed payment. Its what we do in September as theyve already said no more help. If numbers go up come autumn as predicted and we hit lockdown even locally im not sure what i will do. It could be a very long winter.

With local lockdown and places not opening to put the breaks on.
It makes no sense to pause shielding, apart from the financial

Covid secure just means they've taken all the necessary precautions.
I think and I could be wrong, people are hitting the beaches to have a good summer because we will be in some sort of local lockdown over the autumn /winter.
We are still in a pandemic!
The volume of traffic here was at a standstill. Places are limiting people inside, where do they go, to the beaches.

I might be completely wrong and I know tourism is a huge business for many but I think it's a bit sad that people are so desperate to get away from where they live. Now is the time they need to be pushing shop local, support the small businesses where you can. Yet everyone just can't wait to get away abroad?

@Ale I wonder if the rush to get abroad will lessen after what's happened with Spain? People may not be so keen if they realise that the quarantine situation may change at a moment's notice.

Yes we rely on tourism, but the PM said visit your local beaches. However, that's not the message he put out when he said travel anywhere is it.
Saying that, why would you book a holiday abroad during a lockdown, I think that's what makes my brain itch, we are still in a lockdown, this isn't over.

Those living in the towns and cities all crowding in the parks are doing same at the seaside.
A village has gone from fifteen hundred residents to thirty thousand. The shops and attractions can't let that volume in.

I wonder if anyone in the government was good at maths at school. The UK is an Island and there isn't the room to social distance! I can work that out!!

• Wow
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I might be completely wrong and I know tourism is a huge business for many but I think it's a bit sad that people are so desperate to get away from where they live. Now is the time they need to be pushing shop local, support the small businesses where you can. Yet everyone just can't wait to get away abroad?
I’m not, I’m not getting on a plane again until there is either a vaccine or global herd immunity!
It may be a lifetime before either of those happen.

I’m not, I’m not getting on a plane again until there is either a vaccine or global herd immunity!
It may be a lifetime before either of those happen.
Never been abroad, so it's not something I have been kept away from.
They're are thousands of places in this country we don't even see. Some probably on our own doorstep.

It never went, I can only assume its non symptomatic.

Stupid Sunday thought. I assume the science bods are looking at the fact that we get carriers for other infections and the type of person that could be a carrier? We appear to know who will be the most unwell, so who won't?
I know with the horse flu they had carriers and wouldn't have known had that horse not been in contact with the other one.

• Wow
Never been abroad, so it's not something I have been kept away from.
They're are thousands of places in this country we don't even see. Some probably on our own doorstep.
There are many places in the UK where the scenery is equal to anyplace abroad, I’m thinking of the likes of Northumberland, The western Isles (truly stunning) Orkney and Shetland (Shetland on my bucket list) many parts of Scotland, South West Wales and certainly Devon & Cornwall and the Scilly Isles, the Peak District (my old stomping ground) and the Lakes, most of which I have visited and would love to go again, but as right now most beautiful places are inundated with ‘tourists’ it’s not likely I’ll be visiting any of them any time soon either. ?

• Sad

It never went, I can only assume its non symptomatic.

Stupid Sunday thought. I assume the science bods are looking at the fact that we get carriers for other infections and the type of person that could be a carrier? We appear to know who will be the most unwell, so who won't?
I know with the horse flu they had carriers and wouldn't have known had that horse not been in contact with the other one.
Sadly until there is mass testing of everyone well most likely never know, people who don’t show symptoms won’t get tested and will just carry on spreading it.
Interestingly, one of my liveries daughter in law was ill in early March, she’s been struggling with her breathing ever since, she has some health issues and her consultant decided to test for Covid antibodies as he couldn’t help wondering why the lingering breathing problems, it came back positive, her mum who worked on Covid wards, tested positive but never had any symptoms at all despite being early sixties and with underlying health issues, this virus is very bizarre and it almost seems random as to who suffers badly from it.

• Wow
New Zealand is catching cases at the border more and more frequently, there are people testing positive in quarantine pretty much every day now. There's talk of the border being closed for another year. But if you look at what's happened to Australia, you can see why! There was talk of a travel bubble between Aus and NZ but it's looking increasingly unlikely that it'll happen any time soon.

I agree @Kite_Rider, there are so many cases of people deemed extremely high risk who if they are unfortunate enough to get it still seem to get it without serious complications while others who would appear to be lower risk are dying or suffering long term problems. There is so much we don't know, and the vaccines they keep saying are just around the corner never seem to materialise. And the opinion on whether someone who is not showing symptoms can pass it on seems to vary depending on what suits the government on the day. We need to know so much more if we're to move forward in comparative safety, and I feel the government needs to be much more open so people can have more faith in what is being said.

Not so. There are stats. BAME, diabetic, obesity. gender. Many interactive factors.
I am aware of the statistics Skib, I’m also aware as the rest of my post says, that there are people who’ve had it who are deemed at risk yet have had zero symptoms, this virus doesn’t actually seem to care about statistics.

Reactions: carthorse
Omg so true... how good are the
Governments at MATH.

I WOULDN'T get on a commercial plane before.. or a bloody sardine can cruise ship.
So no way would I in the future.

To add to the insanity here.
We REALLY ARE BECOMING A NATION OF MORONS....

WE HAVE A HURRICANE COMING ...
Its gonna ride up the coast but hoowfully stay a bit inland from SOUTH CAROLINA
Up lessening it as it travels further north..

PEOPLE ARE HAVING HURRICANE PARTIES.. already in Florida.

Some People deserve to be swept into the sea never to be seen again.

With any luck the track will keep over land and go more and more west.

This was 6am projection 20200802_062243.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers
New Zealand is catching cases at the border more and more frequently, there are people testing positive in quarantine pretty much every day now. There's talk of the border being closed for another year. But if you look at what's happened to Australia, you can see why! There was talk of a travel bubble between Aus and NZ but it's looking increasingly unlikely that it'll happen any time soon.
And the UK flying everywhere again must puzzle the rest of the world.
People are advised to isolate, relying on that person staying in.

2 days on lots and lots of people still don't have power.
We were very lucky we had a blip then a few min later it went off totally but only for
A couple hours. Then yesterday another quick blip probably a circuit change going back to where it was.

This is such a bad time for this with lots of precaution and hand washing needed.
I had filled multiple barrels for water for
The animals and lots of water at the
House too for handwashing.

Shopping will be a worry if stores were out extended hours i dont know how many mighr have generators.
If they don't frozen and cold items only stay that way for so long in un opened cases.
Mant of our frozen food cases now are glass door cases most dairy is not.
Ugh what will get kind of warm or partially thawed.

We are still listed as a hot zone there is no consistent way across the states of calculating the numbers.

The governors weeky briefing yesterday read the riot act to bar flies and party goers. And non mask wearers.
Many Bars have consistently not had proper practices and allowed crowding with no masks.
She has further cut them back time wise and added much heavier fines.
She now wants ANYONE seeing a big party or gathering. Our limit is 15 ..or without masks or distancing to call a special hotline..
Most of our spike is traced to bars ..parties and MORONS that just had to vacation to super cell hot spots like
Florida.
If things don't start to go back the right way. Next week she will impose MORE
PULL BACKS that hurt businesses and
Everyone cause of the bloody MORONS.

On a good note when i was getting hay Sunday morning I passed by the church that is having outdoor services now...
While one was going on.

Every family had their own little grouping of lawn chairs distanced from other families nice and safely done.

Out doors sounds lovely. I have a memorial service on You Tube,

Yesterday an appoitnment on Zoom failed to materialise. We were on the phone to each other but couldnt get Zoom to work, even though the previous week it was fine. And I was all neat and tidy for her.

newrider.com