Coronavirus

Some people really don't help. Was shopping this morning and was waiting to get to the bread while a woman must have picked up half a dozen loaves to look at and squeeze before deciding which one she wanted. And of course she couldn't look with her mask on, no that had to be pulled right down. Needless to say I decided I didn't want bread! What's the matter with some people? She did everything short of lick it before putting it back on the shelf :mad:
My friend works in a supermarket. She says it's common for folk paying with notes to lick their fingers when counting notes (yuck!) and folks latest habit is keeping their bank cards in the filter picket of the reuseable masks. Honestly. It's no wonder coronavirus is spreading again.

I'm getting annoyed/depressed with the whole situation. People moaning about their freedom being taken away. Suck it up! Better short term inconvenience than long term disaster. I hadn't seen my 95 year old gran since Feb and now it's looking likely with new restrictions we might not be "allowed" to see her depending on what they announce. Covid is robbing me of a full maternity leave attending classes with my little one. But we just get on with it. Wish the selfish members of the public breaking rules and spreading the virus would wise up

The licking fingers is sooo gross. Money is one of the most dirty things going.
It would freak me out when cashiers licked fingers to get the plastic bags open.
With masks thats stopped thankfully.

Ugh to credit card in the mask.
Are they removing masks to lick finger to count the money?
The whole insanity and stupidity of some things really gets to be too much.

Had a discussion with someone at work today, she thinks it’s all being blown out of proportion and it’s only being reacted to like this because it effects the rich. She’s mad that there are restrictions being put on her, that she can’t go shopping all day without a mask. She said everyone dies sometime and we should just let the virus take it course because we’ll never get rid of it anyway and she deserves to be happy today and no one is guaranteed a tomorrow.

Had a discussion with someone at work today, she thinks it’s all being blown out of proportion and it’s only being reacted to like this because it effects the rich. She’s mad that there are restrictions being put on her, that she can’t go shopping all day without a mask. She said everyone dies sometime and we should just let the virus take it course because we’ll never get rid of it anyway and she deserves to be happy today and no one is guaranteed a tomorrow.

I'd say I couldn't believe that, but sadly I can!

On my previous yard, there was a couple that honestly believed the virus was nothing more than an attempt by the Government to control the masses. They were also horrified to learn that I had a yearly flu vaccination as they believed it was a chip inserted by the Government to monitor me ...

And this is why it's so hard to keep it under control. I hate to break it to her but a virus has no interest in checking someone's bank account before infecting them, and anyway if she can afford to go shopping all day she isn't exactly on the breadline. But hey she's being inconvenienced slightly and that's obviously more important than other peoples - and maybe her own - health and maybe life :mad:

Said by someone who obviously hasn't seen a loved one be taken away by ambulance, and doesn't see them again.
Yes everyone dies sometime, but you generally get to travel with them if you are standing right there!

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Said by someone who obviously hasn't seen a loved one be taken away by ambulance, and doesn't see them again.
Yes everyone dies sometime, but you generally get to travel with them if you are standing right there!
I actually think the opposite is true, her family is from a 3rd world country and it sounds like death is something she has a lot of personal experience with.

This is the total and utter selfishness that really boils my blood! What is wrong with people? Whatever happened to our ability as humans for compassion and kindness? It feels more and more like every one for themselves and sod anyone else.

Well I think my compassion is now out the window. We are now not allowed to visit in other people's homes (I'm Scotland, just to avoid confusion!). I get the rationale BUT my area had 7 cases. Seven! We were locked down hard at the first sniff of a localised outbreak. Our first minister had better keep her promise of these rules being to get non covid NHS procedures going. My mum has been waiting 2 years for a hernia operation. think I'll get a space heater for our barn to allow outdoor meetings!! I'm not keeping my daughter from her grandparents

I've had a bit of sympathy for the governments (note the plural - all the world's government's are struggling to find a way to deal with this, not just ours) but this latest rule of 6 just seems to be for the sake of it. Crazy, when the pubs are open, and whoop di do, closing an hour earlier. (Smh). Spell out a proper plan of action, that will keep people as safe as possible, but help the economy to stabilise. If this is what the brightest and best can come up with, worldwide, we're all blinkin' doomed. For example, I can't have my son and family and daughter and family round (that would be 8 of us), but I can go to a busy pub and "happen" to run into them, and the other 80 odd people there.

newrider.com