Criollo Picture thread.....

Hi everyone, please dont all shout and scream, but just stumbled across this thread, and can honestly say that I like what I am seeing. Until I saw this thread, I had never heard of the Criollo (Hangs head in shame). Can someone please tell me a little more about them? I have done a little research on the net. But cant find much out about them. Cant even find any for sale?!? Are they really as good a weight carrier as they say, and do they honestly only grow as big as 14.2hh?
Sorry to sound so ignorant, but really do want to find more about them.

Thanks all in advance.

Hi everyone, please dont all shout and scream, but just stumbled across this thread, and can honestly say that I like what I am seeing. Until I saw this thread, I had never heard of the Criollo (Hangs head in shame). Can someone please tell me a little more about them? I have done a little research on the net. But cant find much out about them. Cant even find any for sale?!? Are they really as good a weight carrier as they say, and do they honestly only grow as big as 14.2hh?
Sorry to sound so ignorant, but really do want to find more about them.

Thanks all in advance.

they are fantabulous horses! best i've ever ridden. pure bred criollos do not grow much bigger than 14.2hh, but cross breeds are just as good; the level headed/sensible gene seems to carry whatever they're crossed with! and they're very interesting looking! try looking on www.grangefarmcriollohorses.com and www.criollofarm.com for ones for sale, and for riding holidays. i've been to grange farm for a holiday, and can honestly say it's the best riding i've ever had.

I ride Rocha barefooted - her feet are made of iron and will go anywhere. Have only had her farriered once since having her (nearly a year now:D) as she wears her feet down out riding (nice and evenly too!!)

I know that other Criollos aren't that keen on barefoot though - I think KT found Buddy to be a bit sore over stones (correct me if I am wrong KT), others are ridden in hoof boots.

hey

me too - a neighbour had bought a criollo last week .........and I thought they were something completely different - they are stunning - off to do some background research now....amazing looking animals :)

newrider.com