I measured Lantern today... ft - hh again lol.

oh dear, some people do need to keep it shut sometimes, it was a perfectly harmless question and OP is allowed to ask isnt she?

bear in mind that some people might not be good at maths, get confused with numbers, have some form of learning dissability that affects it....you cant really go off on someone for asking something like that, you might just offend someone in the process.

*rolls eyes*

How evil are some of you?
I feel such a twit getting upset over that but honestly i just wasn't sure on the exact ft-hh measurements, i didn't realise that made me stupid.

Sorry won't bother asking again.

And btw i am not 'showing off' about the height of my horse quite frankly i couldn't care less.

Doesn't make you stupid IMO - I thought that was one of the things this site was for - asking questions and getting answers.

Glad you finally got to know how big the boy is in the end and I echo those who say whatever height he is he's lovely!

Doesn't make you stupid IMO - I thought that was one of the things this site was for - asking questions and getting answers.

Glad you finally got to know how big the boy is in the end and I echo those who say whatever height he is he's lovely!

Thanks, and yeah that's what i thought. But basically i think it was friday i posted asking what the measurements were but also said i was 5'9 and he was taller than me so had a few posts saying easy ways to measure him and how tall he could be. But no one said how many ft there were to hh's.

So i went away and measured him yesterday, still wasn't sure what the exact measurement was so asked again. And now apparently i'm showing off about my horses height and i'm dumb. Obviously. Lol.

Omg , sorry but this is pretty petty dont you think? :rolleyes:
the OP was asking a simple question, she was looking for an answer, not digs from everyone!
How pathetic, there was really no need to imply that the OP is stupid either because she didnt know how to work it out.
And this is supposed to be a mature board where people help eachother :rolleyes: ...

Omg , sorry but this is pretty petty dont you think? :rolleyes:
the OP was asking a simple question, she was looking for an answer, not digs from everyone!
How pathetic, there was really no need to imply that the OP is stupid either because she didnt know how to work it out.
And this is supposed to be a mature board where people help eachother :rolleyes: ...

Completely agree, the reason and purpose of these sites is for people to ask questions - if your not interested or want to reply with a dig then why post a reply at all. KC - keep asking away!!! :D

I certainly wasn't being "evil" :rolleyes: was thinking more from the point of server space etc. it's very easy to Google or you could have added the question to the thread you already have going on this subject :)

Btw Kate i didn't know there were 4 inches in a hand that was the problem, i'd of worked it out if i knew that. Also yeah they may well teach it at a riding school but i've never been to a riding school! I just didn't know not my fault.

And Sonnet yeah that fair enough but you wrote...

Oh. My. Days.

Google, much?

That's not suggesting that it's using sever space that's just being horrible really.

And tbh i can do my times tables trouble is i didn't know there were 4inches in a hand therefore how was i ment to work it out?

I don't appreciate comments such as "your old enough to operate a computer, i'm sure your old enough to know 3 times three", then to start on someone else who was sticking up for me. Bang out of order. Grow up honestly.

Btw Kate i didn't know there were 4 inches in a hand that was the problem, i'd of worked it out if i knew that. Also yeah they may well teach it at a riding school but i've never been to a riding school! I just didn't know not my fault.

And Sonnet yeah that fair enough but you wrote...

That's not suggesting that it's using sever space that's just being horrible really.

And tbh i can do my times tables trouble is i didn't know there were 4inches in a hand therefore how was i ment to work it out?

I don't appreciate comments such as "your old enough to operate a computer, i'm sure your old enough to know 3 times three", then to start on someone else who was sticking up for me. Bang out of order. Grow up honestly.

I'd have thought that suggesting Google implied that....:confused: In shock that you don't know about how many inches to a hand though! Not saying you're dim at all just so surprised!!

Just something i've not learned, don't see how it's so surprising.
I'm sure there's things i'd be surprised you didn't know but i would point it out like that. If i've not learnt it i can't know it simple as.

I certainly wasn't being "evil" :rolleyes: was thinking more from the point of server space etc. it's very easy to Google or you could have added the question to the thread you already have going on this subject :)

Funny that you knew you were one of the ones Kc was referring to though?

It's very noble of you to consider server space - but I don't think that one tiny thread about height will bring the forum down?

Lots of the questions asked on here can be relatively easily answered using Google. One of the reasons people choose to post on here in preference to that is because it's sociable.

This is how threads get closed by Mods and turn into petty arguments. There's ways of saying things to people without being argumentative, petty or patronizing. Just because you can't see someone or don't know them - no reason to treat them with any less respect just because you can.

I'm sure there's things i'd be surprised you didn't know but i would point it out like that. If i've not learnt it i can't know it simple as.

Exactly KC, their are lots of peeps on here that wouldn't know that either about the 4 inches (incl me) so now many people have benefitted from your thread (incl me). Quite frankly I dont care whether people think im dumb or not, if you dont ask you'll never know!!
Also noticed that OP (woodten horse something another) hasnt made any more comments, maybe she has realised she was being a tad rude and will maybe apologise?:confused::eek:

Last edited:

I've never been taught it- I asked, just thought it was a general knowledge thing- anyway, hey ho- sorry if I offended :)

Funny that you knew you were one of the ones Kc was referring to though?

It's very noble of you to consider server space - but I don't think that one tiny thread about height will bring the forum down?

Lots of the questions asked on here can be relatively easily answered using Google. One of the reasons people choose to post on here in preference to that is because it's sociable.

This is how threads get closed by Mods and turn into petty arguments. There's ways of saying things to people without being argumentative, petty or patronizing. Just because you can't see someone or don't know them - no reason to treat them with any less respect just because you can.

Well yes- I'm one of the only ones who didn't go- arrrrrrrrr isn't he a big boy :rolleyes: Just struck me as irrelevant- I'd put it on the same thread personally... Oh and I personally am like this in real life and am liked/respected for it- call a spade a spade- no need to be false.

Exactly KC, their are lots of peeps on here that wouldn't know that either about the 4 inches (incl me) so now many people have benefitted from your thread (incl me). Quite frankly I dont care whether people think im dumb or not, if you dont ask you'll never know!!
Also noticed that OP (wooden horse something another) hasnt made any more comments, maybe she has realised she was being a tad rude and will maybe apologise?:confused::eek:

She's in the US so probably sleeping ;)

The whole point of this board is to be able to ask questions without being made to feel stupid. I am shocked at some of the replies Kc has got here. If you can't be nice, don't post. As for worrying about server space.... :rolleyes: One thread (or even two, if you want to count the first one too) about measuring horses is hardly going to crash the server.

You could refer most questions asked here to Google. That's not the point of the board.

The whole point of this board is to be able to ask questions without being made to feel stupid. I am shocked at some of the replies Kc has got here. If you can't be nice, don't post. As for worrying about server space.... :rolleyes: One thread (or even two, if you want to count the first one too) about measuring horses is hardly going to crash the server.

You could refer most questions asked here to Google. That's not the point of the board.

Exactly.Im also pretty shocked with these replies, its awful. Most the people on here are double my age and you seem to be the ones acting like children :rolleyes:
Kc ignore them, it was a geniune question, and luckily the majority of this board are more than happy to help.
If you dont have something nice to say, or you arent going to help then dont answer atall, throwing petty insults and implying somebody is stupid or showing off about their horse.. how pathetic..
x

Kc - I wouldn't have been able to change ft into hands and I did well in maths at school! You were completely right to ask, at least you weren't to proud to ask when you didn't know.

I don't see how the OP asking this question has caused so much agro. And I don't see how she was showing off.
If she was showing off she would have said 'My horse is blah blah blah' etc :D

Kc at least you know now and don't let the things said upset you! Personally that height makes me feel a bit sick! LOL :p

Ive been riding since i was 5 ................... and now im a mother of two and with my husband for 13 years, (a long time riding lol :D ) and i have to put my hands up and say......yes im a thicko as i didnt know there were 4 inches to a hand either :confused: Pls give dont give people a hard time as it makes it less enjoyable to come on here. Thanks,

Speedy x

newrider.com