Introductions here please!

Hi All

Hi All new to new rider happily stumbled across it today but really looking forward to getting tips and advice. I shall be turning 29 this year and rode from the age of 9 to 19 3-4 times a week but have had a gap of 10 years since having my son now he and i are both getting back into it. Am taking on a working livery this weekend (fingers crossed) at our riding school this weekend so will be looking on the boards for lots of advice and guidance after my first ever fall 2 months ago (i know i can't say i'm a proper rider till i've had at least another 6 falls which i'm not looking forward to :frown:

Hi Nat17 i'm based in Buckinghamshire how about yourself? i have spent all afternoon reading the forums gettings oem great tips and ideas. Riding one of my potential share options tonight very excited :biggrin:

I am in North Cotswolds, a very wet area today!

It is exciting about seeing share options, i hope it goes well for you. I think we have a few members in your area.

Remember to post how it went... with pictures if you can..we love photos:happy:

i'm very lucky we have sunshine today (it's cold but still at least it's not wet) which i'm happy about as the one i'm riding today is a lively thing (although that's why i love her - she's the one i usually ride at the school) on saturday (when we are supposed to have really heavy rain) i'm trying out the more docile mare (i'm trying to be sensible and think with my head and not my heart which is why i want to try two different ones) . I will make sure that i am armed with my camera to get pictures. My 9 year old son is riding with me tonight so i like to try and get pictures of him so that i can do the proud parent moments :giggle:

:wavespin: Hi Lucy! welcome to the forum. How lovely that you and your son are doing this together. I hope you enjoy getting back into it and dont even be thinking about having more falls.I used to say the exact same thing to myself.Although i totally dont desire them as I dont bounce too well anymore.hope you get pics :happy:

Hi all I couldn't get any pics tonight as phone was playing up but going to take camera on sat so I promise pics then. I think I fell in love tonight and the share is pretty much a done deal :) son and I had a cantering lesson his confidence is going up and up with riding its a lovely thing to hear him whoop, laugh and be proud of himself! :biggrin:

Hiya Lucy, welcome to the forum! Good luck with your lessons and share horse, will be nice to hear more about your progress. And don't be scared of asking stupid questions. I had a similar length break from riding and boy was it a shock to the system coming back to it all!

Hi everyone :)

I just joined, I'm Sadie, 27 and live in Northants. Some of you might know me from various other places around the net, just thought I'd give NR a go!

I've got three horses, Trig who I've had for 4 years, Troika who I've had 3 years and Odysseus who I've had since August. Trigs is retired but he's my bestest buddy in the world. Troika I've had since he was a little baby (18 months) and he's currently staying with my friend (he's too small for me) and learning about life. Ody is my riding pony and you'll probably all hear most about him.

This is Ody, 4yo coblet:

1506573_1386634731595208_1883687570_n.jpg

:)

I thought I better re-post on here considering it was several years ago I was last on her. I decided to re-join.

A lot has changed since I was last on here. Jimbo, Sophie and Rhia are sadly at Rainbow Bridge. Jimbo was almost 2 years ago and Sophie & Rhia went nearly exactly a year after him.
Berry has gone to a fabulous home where she does hacking, a bit of jumping and recently did an intro dressage for a bit of fun. She's spoilt rotten by a girl and her mum (the girl events on her own horse and Berry belongs to the mum.)
So nearly 2 years ago when Jimbo was pts I got a foal. She is the most perfect little thing, i'm biased. I'm loving watching her grow up.
533876_3743378705684_1312722501_33772336_1561782977_n.jpg

484428_10151779151815101_1906825089_n.jpg

I recently got graded as a Para Dressage rider and last month (21st) this gorgeous girl became mine.
Olimpica, she's an Andalusian mare from Spain.
1554500_10152431517305101_2118169158_n.jpg

1517547_10152424662660101_1215412071_n.jpg

So my posts will be all about Star and Olimpica. Although not so much about Star as currently she's just living out and being a foal, so I only see her to feed her and with the current weather I do not fancy attempting to take photos. I do plan on introducing a bit and doing a bit more with her in the summer.

Wow I've had a really warm welcome from so many people as I've posted on various threads :) Thank you very much everyone!

Well I've finally plucked up the courage to say hello again and maybe post from time to time. I've been on NR since the early days and used to post quite a lot originally. However, as an adult learner, I've never been very confident in my role here and so have been a terminal lurker for the last few years.

When I was last active I had both Hew and Skye but sadly am now horseless. I was unexpectedly made redundant when my employer went bust so ended up moving abroad. Hew went to his 'horsesitter' around the corner and is now having a whale of a time doing a bit of everything. His new owner is a fabulous rider and he is having much more fun with her than he ever had with me! Skye was a real handful when he arrived but soon settled down with consistent handling and plenty of time to be a pony. Sadly it turned out he had DJD; careful management meant he was comfortable for a few years but in the end was lame just ambling round the field. He was thoroughly miserable and so he was PTS late last year. A very hard decision but absolutely right for his sake.

I've been trying to get back into riding by taking regular lessons since coming back to the UK but work has got in the way so I'm basically back to square one. Unexpectedly I miss the mucking out, handling, groundwork etc more than the riding so if anyone needs a hand or wants a break from mucking out and tack cleaning you know where to come ;)!

I don't suppose anyone really remembers me but I hope my occasional musings and contributions are welcome :)

Last edited:
newrider.com