March chat

Hopefully your dogs ok. Least its getting sorted quickly!

I am going to look at a new pony saturday. I really like everything about him so far so maybe exciting times ahead!

• Love
Reactions: Huggy
Hopefully your dogs ok. Least its getting sorted quickly!

I am going to look at a new pony saturday. I really like everything about him so far so maybe exciting times ahead!
trying to get everything i can 4 legged wise sorted before OH goes into hospital on Monday

I just attacked Dan with the clippers today as he’s been sweating tons in the field. I didn’t clip ‘properly’, I only did his underside and left a good inch on him, but hopefully the 4 inches that came off will mean he’s much more comfortable!
IMG_8891.jpeg

Reactions: PePo and Jane&Ziggy
Harrison poodle suspected cancerous lump on one eyelid, cyst on other eyelid going for surgery week after OH. FFS what did i do to deserve this

• Wow
That's a lot to deal with. I hope they can save the eye, but animals cope with these things so well, if they can't. Will be thinking of you. 🙏

That's a lot to deal with. I hope they can save the eye, but animals cope with these things so well, if they can't. Will be thinking of you. 🙏
if he has to lose his eye, i can cope with that more concerned that it might have spread as it is in area with tear ducts nasal drainage etc. Other eye has what they think is a cyst. All flared up last weekend, eye very gunky, cleaned it and when Millie saw her addison's vet on Tuesday asked him to have a look. So had to transfer H's care there and he referred instantly to eye hospital which he visited on Friday. Had lots done with him, he was a super poodle didn't complain or object, such a super dog. He has beautiful liquid soulful eyes, would hate him to lose on but if it saves his life so be it.

Hope your poodle is OK D&T.

I'm so over what feels like the longest winter ever now :( If it wasn't completely the wrong time of year, competitions and fun stuff coming up to be fit for & it not being at all viable, I'd be tempted to have some time not riding! I'll just have to hang on for the fun stuff & pray it stops raining at some point.

Last edited:
Hopefully this is the upturn of things fir you
long way to go but all went as well as it could, still wait for results. He'll be worse today as they will have him up but head of ICU said the surgeon had done a beautiful job and he hasn't got a colostomy which is wonderful as i thought the chances of avoiding that were limited given 4 joins required and they managed to do it keyhole which again wasn't a certainty. He was sitting up in bed, good colour, saw the anaesthetist and she was very pleased. didn't give him an epidural as he has a narrow spinal cord so afraid she might do damage so he may have a bit more pain post op but last night he was pretty comfortable and with it.

Well so far so good - sounds like a best case scenario for what he's had done.

When I had done the chores today I sat to have lunch while she was having a snooze. I saw her do a big upward stretch, flex the poll and let the fart out the back.

When I was getting ready to leave she then decided to lay down.
So I couldn't resist a photo. She looks slimmer in b/w 😂
She's got company next door and over the road.
_20240312_155444.JPG

newrider.com