March chat

Does anyone remember the case a few years ago where a loaner tried to sue the horse's owner (I think) but the judge came down on the side of the defence.

Does anyone remember the case a few years ago where a loaner tried to sue the horse's owner (I think) but the judge came down on the side of the defence.
I recall something where someone was injured trying a horse, but I might be wrong.
My insurance doesn't cover anyone riding mine. They are covered to handle her with my permission.

And this is why any riding stables/centre should never let anyone ride without assistance.
Not because there is a risk of someone falling, but due to the risk of that person falling and then suing.
I know a yard that closed simply due the cost of the insurance and then being terrified of anyone falling off. Nobody was allowed to mount or tighten the girth, everyone rider or not was assisted before you went out round the farm.

They’re the people who will kill every last riding establishment. You know that every time you get on a horse there’s the risk of something going wrong and serious injury/death, I guess we convince ourselves it won’t be us and the fall out can be significant if it happens.

Reactions: carthorse
She'd been happy enough to ride the horse up until the point of something going wrong.
It can go wrong, very wrong.
But maybe society is at the point the finger at someone else, when in fact it's an accident.
I think mine would startle at a swan, they are actually huge birds and she's never seen one before.

Mine see plenty of swans living next to the river, but they don’t like them, if Jess hears them coming in to land she goes on highest alert and sets them all into a frenzy.

Be more horse

She gets 500g of carrots = 10 carrots, 10 portions for her treat verses the human getting 55g of chocolate bunnies = 5 bunnies, ONE portion.

Similar prices 😂

_20240324_130108.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
Dont know about where you are, but our coop are vastly over priced. I think they put 40p- 50p on many items, more than many of the supermarkets. I only shop at the coop now if im desperate for something inspite its actually my nearest shop.
Mind always check the sell by date on chocolate in coop now and keep my receipt. They sold me some that was 6 months out of date. I went in the next day and looked and there was a load more of the bar out of date on the shelf. I went and complained on the checkout. The next week i went in, check and there was still out of date stuff.

Weary. Did the morning stables, then groomed Buddy - first go at removing mud clumps from feathers - his boots wouldn't go on as due a trim this week, Managed to get his Big Horse ones on and walked him in hand for half an hour. Groomed Suze, her mane is down to her point of shoulder. Had given Sapphire 2 hours in the summer field as a treat and to see if she was any happier, then she had a good groom and pulled her mane and untangled the tail. As she was alone she stood like a lamb and lapped it up with a soft eye - not the mare face we usually get. Feel sorry for her. Had to take up 15 gorilla tubs of mud from the yard as could hardly open the gates. Have folks coming to quote putting down concrete on the front yard as the stuff that went down in summer is now pretty much in the muck trailer, total waste of time and money. Planted 3 shrubs and 20 small perenials. Did 2 poodle walks with both, then gave Harrison a second one. Visited mum, did a quick run around supermarket now off to bring the time in and put rugs back on.

Dont know about where you are, but our coop are vastly over priced. I think they put 40p- 50p on many items, more than many of the supermarkets. I only shop at the coop now if im desperate for something inspite its actually my nearest shop.
Mind always check the sell by date on chocolate in coop now and keep my receipt. They sold me some that was 6 months out of date. I went in the next day and looked and there was a load more of the bar out of date on the shelf. I went and complained on the checkout. The next week i went in, check and there was still out of date stuff.
South West.
But agree they do tend to be more expensive.
A lot of our shops increase their prices ready for the tourist season.

Sheep are more fussy than horses. Got a food delivery yesterday. 20 bags. When i saw what had been delivered i cursed. As my sheep dont like it. Dont know whats happened to the usual feed manufacturer they use. Was told they werent getting more mineral buckets, id ordered 10, never said nought about changing the feed.

Honestly i didn't tell the sheep. Just put it in the feed troughs and walked away. Went back 10 minutes later. 3 of the 4 ewes in the shed. Food still in the troughs. Food also left in the troughs for the 11 ewes i put in the yard.
So now i will have to contact my old feed delivery place and get a delivery off them of another 20 bags. Then try to mix the two feeds to disguse it and use up the ½ tonne. They charge another £3 per bag too. So i have sheep with very expensive tastes.

• Sad
Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
@chunky monkey if they changed it without telling you can't you ask them to take it back and give you a refund? After all it's not what you ordered and is no use to you.

Top tip, electro (fence) shock therapy directly on tennis elbow does it zero favors 🤣 I got the full 11,000v this morning, I was literally hopping mad!

• Wow
Reactions: Huggy
beautiful sunny day yesterday Buddy turned out naked questioned rugging him last night just as well he got his big rug on as frost this morning

Screenshot_20240328-170200.png
End of our lesson on Thursday, Joe likes to capture the yawning pose. He doesn't half yawn at the end!

Fingers crossed coming along ok, I've been riding him just over a week, graduated to two reins on Thursday, but I'm only allowed to use one at a time!

newrider.com