NR meet up Somerset anyone? Update

Are those who wanted to do the jousting happy to pay an extra £20 to hire the horse.
Issue now is only three of us can ride. So anyone else will be watching.

I am put off to be frank but would pop along and see you guys if you wanted to. :)

Don't see how they can advertise it for £60 and then put another £20 on top. Think we should all do something we can all join in with :)

Only three of us doesn't seem quite right to me. I would have preferred a bigger group. Disappointing!

I'd love to try side saddle but it doesn't quite have the excitement of jousting...
They only have three horses that they can hire.
They can cater for six if you bring your own.
Emailed and said the site is misleading. No where did it say £60 is bring your own and hiring is extra. It really needed to say so because I wouldn't have bothered.

Looking at alternatives for Somerset, Dorset, Gloucester and Wiltshire.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Yes that was misleading.

I'm sure all of you that can go
Would want to participate.

I hope you find something awesome and fun.

I saw on an episode of mysteries at the museum Little Big Horn.

At the site of Custers massacre once a year they have a re enactment and cavalry camp to learn to be a cavalry officer.

Reactions: orbvalley
I've found a stable in Cornwall that teaches horseback archery! Bit far for everyone else I should think but i am tempted to have a go myself!

I've found a stable in Cornwall that teaches horseback archery! Bit far for everyone else I should think but i am tempted to have a go myself!
Where's that. Could be do able for me.:D

As an aside I have found a trekking centre. But I can immediately see a problem because we won't be in the same group. Looking at the blurb and abilities, I am not fit enough for the experienced two hour group. I assume the rest of would be, maybe your not.

So thinking hacking or side saddle. Though like you @joosie tempted with that myself now I have found it. :p

My brother is in Exeter so If I'm going that far another hour or two is no odds to me :D it does depends when though, as I may still be going away with work.

Reactions: newforest
I've enquired about the side saddle because I will likely do that anyway without the meet up.
Cornwall will be too far for Ale won't it?

Sent them a message @joosie because there are no details at all on the site.

Ooh sounds exciting if you have a job to go to. Uk or overseas?

I am aiming for the 17th March which is a Saturday. Sunday is harder for me.

Archery is £60 for two hours. You need to show you are competent with a bow and arrow before they give you the horse I should imagine.
Not sure if I can get a lift sorted for that direction, I can the other.

A late reply from me I would of been up for jousting or archery but too far for me. Hope you all have lots of fun though!

newrider.com