Paints and Cobs... yuck. [opinions]

I can't seem to find the thead, but chev know most things about colourings im sure she won't mind if you ask her :)

:D i do... :eek:

perhaps im just a vain person, i wont ride ploddy plain types either its got to be a head turner (for the right reasons).

Heehee you'd hate my RS! No, not that one . . . errr not that one either . . . JEEz is that even a horse???!!! They aren't 'spectacular' in terms of looks and we have got a few 'plain ploddy' ones (although i think they're all gorgeous i've known most of them for years my friends think they're really ugly!) but they get the job done! Although we have a simply magnificent suffolk punch cross who strikes awe into all she meets :D!

i was lucky though, growing up surrounded by the pretty horsies instead of been captured by everything furry with 4 legs (3 legged donkey, but oh its sooo cute! nope its just not me!)

we had one 'fugly' horse, but he was the old fashioned type of welsh cob and had brilliant breeding so we sort of over looked it (i used to wear a hood and sunglasses if i went out driving with him but still he was friendly)

what do you think?
3362138495a6942490333l.jpg

this was him just as we 'rescued' him (had been on a lorry for a few weeks on way to meat man previous was just in a field with lots of ladys aged 14 in the picture) hes quite pretty in his own way though.

Coloured cobs, heavy horses like shires, clydies and suffolks, and general hairy, chunky beasts are my favourite breeds, types and colours in terms of aesthetics - i think they're beautiful, powerful, and the sight of feathers flying as a huge, strong cob jump a fence that 'cobs can't jump' :p is one of the most amazing things you can see regarding horses IMO

I'm with her. I love shire horses, but anything chunky is gorgeous. I love coloured, hairy cobs (see avatar! :D)

I like any chunky monkeys, they don't have to be hairy.

I don't like anything fine and 'pretty'. Everyone fawns over the delicate things but they do nothing for me. Arabs, TBs, 'hacks', warmbloods. They are all beautiful in their own way but don't make me weak at the knees. Even hunters are a bit too light for me! I like legs like tree trunks!!

Ooooooh yesssss! MidnightRose...can't see your avtar, tis too dinky....show me a bigger one. Ditto all the lovely things said about chunky guys and girls. Yes, some of them do come up unevenly conformed....but then every type or breed has its misfits. But either way...give me a cob..any day!!

An' they do dressage too:;)

Attachments

• Rubidressage2.jpg
    Rubidressage2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 135
I'm not a fan mainly because of my first pony who was a really heavy 13.2 skewbald. Real traditional little gypsy pony bought because at the time they were unfashionable and very cheap.
She was a complete nightmare and lazy without being bombproof so my 10 yo self spent alot of time either stuck when she refused to move or clinging on while she shied violently at a plastic bag.
If I scanned some photos in you'd all go ahhh but don't be deceived, she was evil.
Next pony was a 1/2 arab, 1/4 tb chestnut mare and was my horse of a lifetime. Brilliant jumper, real gentle and friendly, fast with brakes.

When I was looking for a horse last year tried not to let colour come into it though.

newrider.com