Paints and Cobs... yuck. [opinions]

Thistle your photo you posted looks gouges*sp* how old is neddy there ?

I really like all cob types & Palominos *espasly but i really like highland ponies & sheltland ponies to

See I have always been a sucker for a silver dun, but having said that experience now tells me, forget the colour and the type, look inot the eye and go for the horse who is a nice person. I have stopped judging horses on colour, a good horse is never a bad colour.

Well said wally! i have an old fleabitten grey gelding who is nothing to look at - but has so much personality and just loves a cuddle, and then i have a yellow dun ( yes a proper dun :) ) mare who is totally different in character - mad and skittish and mostly silly but still wonderful with a brilliant personality. I must admit i havent met a horse i didnt like but i
ive met plenty of people i didnt ...;)

I couldn't dislike any horse because of its colour....I find some bays a little boring though. Build wise....love all the cobs and heavies....and also all the arabs etc. The biggest thing that I dislike on a horse, is huge roman noses.

Ooooooh yesssss! MidnightRose...can't see your avtar, tis too dinky....show me a bigger one.

samwhisper.jpg

AlisonPhone021.jpg

samcuddle.jpg

AlisonPhone017.jpg

AlisonPhone005.jpg

He's on working livery at a RS and owned by a man that doesn't do anything with him. I just share him but do a lot of things for him that are outside my 'duties'. If I could afford the livery I'd buy him in a second!

I want your hossy too Monty! I think Sam and yours would make a lovely pair!

i love chestnut arabs (probably based on both my horses being chestnut arab :eek:)
I'm not a fan of coloureds but i generally judge a horse on temperament and how it moves instead of colour :p

I can appreciate the beauty of various colours/breeds/types etc but there are some I personally wouldn't have..

Hair. All that hair makes me twitch.. and reach for the clippers.. I can't bear that untidy, sweaty-making hair.. *shudders* but having seen the Trad. workers etc I do like watching them jump with all that hair flying! Looks great!

Arabs. Having been to the AHS Nationals and having tears in my eyes watching the absolutely breathtaking Senior Stallion class I can see how gorgeous they can be - but would absolutely not have one. They just aren't for me.

Wall eyes. Freakish. End of.

Cobs. Used to really dislike them. Now I'm vaguely looking for one (will start looking in earnest next summer/autumn when Stan is more established) to become a HW show cob. Still wouldn't have some cobs I see.. they're too.. um...lumpy ? Stumpy ? dunno..

I was always a sucker for dark bays - never liked coloureds and never looked at them twice .

When i lost chinook (dark Bay) and i wanted my next horse to be nothing that came similar to chinook - so i started that off by getting a coloured!

I have to admit tho - i guess i'm not really one for just going on looks alone. Can really like the look of a horse (colour etc) but need the rest to slot into place also.

I guess what pleases one persons eye won't always please anothers. But that makes the world a not so boring place and something for everyone. I just know that Voltan ticks my boxes and thats all that matters

My boy
Dscf0349.jpg

Loving the size of and colouring of MidnightRose horse - facial markings are lovely and cute

I like anything unusual looking. Especially unusual markings such as walls eyes. I have a buckskin with four stockings, white face and a wall eye and a chestnut with black spots, and chestnut dots in her blaze. Other than buckskins I like roans, blagdons and duns. I prefer natives and cobs (I would love to own a mouse dun Highland). Loads of people have bay TB's these days. Colour wise I'm not keen on black mares, palominos piebalds, skewbalds and greys. I'm not keen on most full Arabs, TBs, Warmbloods or shetlands.

I love coloureds and appys and anything quirky, but then I do have 2 appys and a very chunky, hairy sec D who's palomino with a big white face an 2 blue eyes:D

I tend not to judge a horse by its colour in the sense that I wont be like 'erghh, I'm not riding that'. However I do have my preferences. I like big hairy cobs from a distance but don't like riding them particularly. I'm not sure why.
I like most colour horses if they're nicely conformed and warmblood/chunky thoroughbred types.

And I adore welsh mountain ponies :D

Not so keen on chestnut unless it's a pale chestnut with plenty of white on the face.
So really I am quite picky ;)

I love coloureds, the chunkier the better. In fact, I love most colours and have a real soft spot for big white blazes. If anything, I'm not keen on appy's that have spotted faces, I prefer the blanket spot with a solid coloured face. But everyone is different, I prefer not to judge a horse by its colour! Here's my beautiful mare, to me she is just perfect..........
Picture023-1.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0272-1.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

*katie* i'm your new best friend, you don't know how much it means to me to call my horse your opinion of equine perfection. :eek:

I am a SUCKER for really dark dappley grey draught type, much like Minski&kai's kai. But i'd never be brave enough to ride one, I don't think. Much too much power inbetween my legs. :p

I love coloureds in general, cobby or not, although I do get drawn towards lightweight coloured horses, abit heavier than Voltan maybe.

Apart from coloureds, which are my natural favourites, I don't have any preference to colour. I believe it's all about experience and how a horse who's had that colouring has affected you. :)

I'm very breed-biased though I must admit, I have a serious disliking and will stay distant away from arabs, i'm not sure what it is. It's just something. I'm open and willing to be converted though, if anyone wants to try.

I love chunky cobs with big manes, tails and feathers. But palaminos are my favourite. :)

I also love chesnut arabs.. don't know why chesnut, but I do. :p

I don't particularly dislike any colouring but I'm not to keen on greys. Some I like and some I'm not too keen on.

Bicky you could show those pics everyday and i wouldnt get bored!

I love medium sized height chunky horses! I admit to having a soft spot for coloureds. Good thing seeing as i have one on loan. His eyes are both half blue half brown :D

IMG_0746small.jpg

IMG_0742small.jpg

newrider.com