Photos Of Adults On Ponies....Re-visited!

5ft 10"
13hh Highland
498.jpg

Highlands are certainly round then - and make tall people look shorter (very deceiving indeed ;))

Jay o standing pic of this one. She does look tiny there. I must of been standing on a mound! I was a bit wary about riding her but once on she felt fine. I would not ride her at my current weight but back then I was a fair bit lighter ;-)
518.jpg

edited to add
I should of said that this one is not mine. She belongs to Newtonmore Riding Center

Last edited:
@ samantha - what a lovely pony and what a great match you two make :D

i (5'6) shan't feel so massively tall on my 12hh (round and looks like she will be a 'brickhouse' of sorts!) youngster now!

julia-and-appley-7-_640.jpg

Last edited:
5'7 and my 14.1hh Welsh Cob

This pic is at a show a few years ago. I don't do shows anymore as I can't ride as much anymore due to a bad back but still have my pony. He will be 20 this year. We have been together 16 yrs.:smile:

Attachments

• Cracker.Show.jpg
    Cracker.Show.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 79
5ft7 on my friends 14.1H

i am about 5ft7 (10.5st) on my friends old loan pony who is a Fell x Cob and is 14.1H

Attachments

• DSCF3396.jpg
    DSCF3396.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 82
Bump!

Went searching for this thread as I'm looking for a horse due to retiring my Clydiex mare and my IDx being on loan to Brodies_Girl for awhile so I'm left with a 6 year old TB broodie who can't be worked and an 11.3hh welshie :giggle:

So I've seen a 14.1hh Highland x QH (looks PB Highland) in the paper and I've been tempted to ring. I'm 5'9 and a size 14 and the smallest I have ridden is 15hh as I was always chucked on horses growing up. Thoughts?

if its a chunky highland (which it sounds like it is!!!) you'll be absolutely fine :) go meet him/her (and dont forget piccies!!) - highland x QH sounds like a really lovely cross, actually :)

(PS: DID YOU EVER WORK OUT WHO YOUR SECRET SANTA WAS??????????)

Its more weight than height, and I have no idea how heavy a size 14 5"6 person is/is not!

If its any weight off your mind.... Then perhaps this is as bad as it gets :giggle:

00738e6b.jpg

NL - Your OH looks fab on Lunan! I love his hat teehee :happy:

Well i may aswell post my OH doing his bit of pony riding then!

15/16 Stone OH 6'5 on 13.3h Finnley! I did have to wrench his legs up a fair bit because my leathers are tiny even on the last hole! :giggle:

1b539120.jpg

e05de584.jpg

Last edited:
Bump!

Went searching for this thread as I'm looking for a horse due to retiring my Clydiex mare and my IDx being on loan to Brodies_Girl for awhile so I'm left with a 6 year old TB broodie who can't be worked and an 11.3hh welshie :giggle:

So I've seen a 14.1hh Highland x QH (looks PB Highland) in the paper and I've been tempted to ring. I'm 5'9 and a size 14 and the smallest I have ridden is 15hh as I was always chucked on horses growing up. Thoughts?

My friend sue is a size 14 and rides my 13.2 - 14hh fells and they cope very well with her hieght and weight and even heavier with me :)

You will be fine hun, a highland cross should be able to carry a fair ammount of weight. like 18 stone.

Well...This is her....

imgthumbphp.jpg

She's called Amber, she's 11 years old and is apparently 'bombproof' and is also western trained.

Oh and I'm taking Praecelsus to see her tomorrow...... :smile:

newrider.com