Photos Of Adults On Ponies....Re-visited!

MPR

Oct 22, 2006
Minnesota, USA
Patch pony is about 13 hands, I'm 5'6"

034.jpg

100_0016.jpg

100_0013.jpg

9-6-2010_006.jpg

100_0020.jpg

Last edited:

MPR

Oct 22, 2006
Minnesota, USA
Thanks. He is a nice pony...friendly and is fun to ride. Tricky enough to make it fun, but also level headed. :tongue: He's a mixed breed, but think he's got some Hackney in him.

Reactions: SeeingSpots

ruby fisher

Nov 27, 2015
Hi everyone, I'm 5 foot 4, 7 stone and just got back into riding and feel much safer riding something closer to the ground! i recently inquired about a 12.2 stocky welsh pony that seemed to tick all the boxes but the owner said i was too big! what is everyones thoughts?

tikkitti

Mar 8, 2015
Your not too big, however may look a little leggy. You certainly wouldnt do the pony any harm and so really the choice is yours as to what size you buy. I am 5,3 and ride a 13.1 my daughters 13.1hh fell pony at times and my 5,7 friend has rode her too, as she's chunky and has a deep barrel she takes up leg well. To answer your question though I really can't see a issue with you riding a 12.2, it really is down to your personal choice, hope that helps. x

joosie

lifelong sufferer of restless brain syndrome
Oct 28, 2004
New Zealand
This is me and my boy. I'm 5'6'' and 8 stone and he's 12.1hh. The owner may have a picture in their head of what you would look like on their pony, but until you've actually gone and sat on him nobody can know if you'll be a good fit or not. If you're really interested I would ask if you could come for a trial and see how you go together.

1.1.jpg 9.2.jpg 10.2.jpg 10.3.jpg

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
The days of being 8 stone are gone for me :D
You look great Joosie, I used to ride smaller ones back when I was.

ruby fisher

Nov 27, 2015
Thanks guys!
I have a feeling the owner doesn't want an adult riding their pony and thats fine but I'm glad i won't look too ridiculous on something that size so ill keep on looking. Joosie i love your little guy!!!

KP nut

I'd rather be riding.
Dec 22, 2008
I don't think you look too big on him at all @SeeingSpots
I must get a picture of me on Oscar sometime. He is so much fun to ride. My biggest issue with him is that his saddle is too small for my bum!

USpony

Jan 7, 2015
@SeeingSpots I was just thinking you look more comfortable and relaxed in the last picture where your stirrups are a little longer. Its okay they hang below his belly. I really don't think you look too tall on him.

Ponies do rock. Next time I have the choice between a horse or pony it will be another pony. You can't beat their characters and mental and physical toughness.

SeeingSpots

Toffee - Spotted Hotshot
Feb 27, 2015
North East, UK
www.instagram.com
I don't think you look too big on him at all @SeeingSpots
I must get a picture of me on Oscar sometime. He is so much fun to ride. My biggest issue with him is that his saddle is too small for my bum!

I just feel too big in the body, like I tower above his neck unless he has his head up lol Toffee is in a 16.5" XW saddle (fatty bum) but I can sit in it ok thank god lol

SeeingSpots

Toffee - Spotted Hotshot
Feb 27, 2015
North East, UK
www.instagram.com
In which pic or all of them? Yes they are level but in the top two pics I was riding short. I ride a little longer now and surprisingly (to me anyway) feel a lot more secure that way.

@SeeingSpots I was just thinking you look more comfortable and relaxed in the last picture where your stirrups are a little longer. Its okay they hang below his belly. I really don't think you look too tall on him.

Ponies do rock. Next time I have the choice between a horse or pony it will be another pony. You can't beat their characters and mental and physical toughness.

Yes I was riding longer in last pic, at first it was awful but I much prefer it now. :)

Charleewood

Oct 13, 2016
Hey guys I'm 5ft and about 8 1/2 stone and I'm looking at getting a little 12.2hh pony the owner thinks I look ok on her and so do a few other people but some people have told me I'm too big what do you think Xxx