Post a photo today...new 2021 edition

Yes you keep saying is warmer there. My two are out no stables, pokey bit of hedge of trees for shelter, side of a hill. Your getting squiggy.:p Only telling you what you want to hear.

No in all honesty. You must do what you feel is right.

Reactions: Trewsers
Okay guys, tell me I'm humanising Zi! It's been cold here and dry but tonight I think we are due some showers / squalls. He's got a good rug on with neckpiece and access to his apartment (which is open fronted but has a roof). He's got nets hanging up and will have a great big pile of hay in the apartment. Why do I feel so bad? Well because he hangs about outside the byre and I just feel like the old girls have a snug room each and he's out in the cold! Which is ridiculous given he's half their age (literally as Chloe is 31!). I just feel mean when I hear it howling out there, but there are lots of little sheltered spots on the yard like the ginnel that links the byre and the apartment. OKay virtual slap required and tell me to leave him be!!!! He'll also get a nice bowl of Speedi Beet before bedtime too. I am so loathe to put the girls together, they've had a grotty two days as it is, and being honest, Storm gets really cross at having to share the byre (with a divider up) she likes her own personal space and is used to having a really big box to herself as is Chloe.
He’s got the choice so let him make it for himself, if he gets cold he’ll eat more hay to warm himself up or put himself in, he’ll be fine 🙂

Reactions: Trewsers
He’s got the choice so let him make it for himself, if he gets cold he’ll eat more hay to warm himself up or put himself in, he’ll be fine 🙂
Thanks - he was fine btw. He didn't look upset or bothered this morning and he was standing on the yard and not hiding in his apartment. He'd eaten some of the hay in there but I think he'd actually gone for a wander into the paddocks during the night. I really need to stop babying him,!!!

IMG_20210207_115634.jpg

Drowning in mud and he was actually shivering this morning, upped his hay alot today but I'm going back really soon to see if he needs a rug with some fill on as we are in for some very cold days. Hoping the hay and the fact it's snowing not raining now will be enough!

newrider.com