Suspensory ligament injury and low grade lami

There's an article in my latest vet's magazine about suspensory injury. Interesting how things move on. When J injured all those years ago the platelet thing was just being talked about now they are doing it.
Vibes for jess too btw.

Reactions: Jessey
Well all pulses are gone tonight :) didn't trot her up or anything as its piddling down but she's tracking up well in the paddock. No clue, maybe she just needed to move more or the rain helped a bit. Went and brought a couple of bales of Timothy haylage to mix with the old hay but only started that tonight.

Had you got as far as re-introducing the Prascend? Whatever the reason for the improvement, long may it continue!
Nope, well I did for 6 days, but the oedema came up so I whapped her back off it again (that was 2 weeks ago now) and haven't started again since as a bit wary after the oedema.

Reactions: Bodshi
And now she's blown her knee, just to top it off :( vet is coming first thing tomorrow. Pretty sure it's her knee but too much swelling to know if the suspensory (same one) or tendon is also involved, I've iced it, given bute and put topical dsmo/dex on it and shut her back in the little paddock so hopefully it will be less swollen in the morning for the vet.

And now she's blown her knee, just to top it off :( vet is coming first thing tomorrow. Pretty sure it's her knee but too much swelling to know if the suspensory (same one) or tendon is also involved, I've iced it, given bute and put topical dsmo/dex on it and shut her back in the little paddock so hopefully it will be less swollen in the morning for the vet.

Oh boo hiss, sorry to hear this - lots of healing vibes x

I have my very own super vet, just had a text (almost 8pm) to see what was up as she'd noticed Jess in the diary, again.

It's even fatter this morning :( I thought when she slammed the brakes on at the fence Sunday night she'd done it then but I didn't notice it yesterday morning or when I got here at 2.30 yesterday, only at 4.30 and I normally notice the tiniest change and given how much it has swollen since I can only think she'd just done it or it wouldn't have swollen much more overnight. Half hour till the vet arrives, waiting on vets is the worst :(
Last night
DSC_2375.JPG
This morning
DSC_2376.JPG

Doing a happy dance :p looks like no structural problem, joint, tendons and ligaments all seem good, vet thinks it is an allergic reaction to some kind of bite or sting, though we can't find any evidence of that. I've never known Jess have such a big reaction to a bug bite, I know there is an adder nest right next to the paddock she was in, but who knows. So antihistamines and bute for a few days and it will probably get worse before it gets better, just got to keep an eye for infection. But the really good news, She said Jess is sounder (in her feet) than she was when she saw her 2 weeks ago, and last time she had boots on and this time she didn't :D

Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
Doing a happy dance :p looks like no structural problem, joint, tendons and ligaments all seem good, vet thinks it is an allergic reaction to some kind of bite or sting, though we can't find any evidence of that. I've never known Jess have such a big reaction to a bug bite, I know there is an adder nest right next to the paddock she was in, but who knows. So antihistamines and bute for a few days and it will probably get worse before it gets better, just got to keep an eye for infection. But the really good news, She said Jess is sounder (in her feet) than she was when she saw her 2 weeks ago, and last time she had boots on and this time she didn't :D
Brilliant!

Oh that is good news, at least a big bite should go down quite quickly, or as you say it could be an adder bite, but at least it’s nothing major.

It indeed swelled right to the fetlock, but this morning the knee and girth of the swelling seems a little less, not sure if that's the bute or anti-histamines but I'll carry on with both :)
DSC_2381.JPG

A friends horse had an allergic reaction to something last week. She swelled up terribly round her face, neck and shoulders. She was so swollen she couldn’t eat properly. Vet gave anti histamine and Bute, but had no idea what could have caused it. No adders around here!
Glad Jessey is doing better, she has been putting you through it lately hasn’t she?

A friends horse had an allergic reaction to something last week. She swelled up terribly round her face, neck and shoulders. She was so swollen she couldn’t eat properly. Vet gave anti histamine and Bute, but had no idea what could have caused it. No adders around here!
Glad Jessey is doing better, she has been putting you through it lately hasn’t she?
Yep, I said to my vet I would mind less if she could just let one thing heal before the next thing starts! Its been a right old run of it.

It seemed to be gone Friday so I stopped the bute and antihistamines, yesterday still good, this morning it's slightly swollen up the cannon and hot. Took her for a 10 minute bareback walk and she sound and keen :) slapped some cooling gel on after and will keep an eye on it, if it doesn't dissappear by tomorrow morning then I'll call the vet again, she told me to keep an eye for infection and if it is still hot I think I'll have to assume that is it and get antibiotics, very odd still.

newrider.com