Your weather

After yesterday's glorious weather its feels like its back to winter today. Cold, windy and damp with drizzle here.
Ive been stood in the sheep shed watching a ewe. Two coats, a gillet and a thick jumper. Ive just come back for breakfast and warm up. Im shivering.

• Sad
Reactions: Huggy
We are forecast a wet week. At the moment it looks like showers. I am back in my wellies.

I have ordered something fun based on reading some posts on a group I have recently joined. The idea being to make life easier, but hey ho could also be funny only cost £6.

I got a dry ride today but it’s overcast and windy, the wet is due to hit tonight/tomorrow and last most of the week. Incredibly my top paddocks are looking rather too dry and could do with some rain, while the bottom ones are still wet and partially underwater!

We are forecast a wet week. At the moment it looks like showers. I am back in my wellies.

I have ordered something fun based on reading some posts on a group I have recently joined. The idea being to make life easier, but hey ho could also be funny only cost £6.
The weather gets me like that too - just ordered a purple jacket and rythm beads - oops.

What really irritates me about this weather, today will be warm and dry for most of the day, until 4pm when it will start raining (according to the forecast) and continue all night and will feel like 3-4c. No issue for the little guys, or even Jess really apart from mozzies will be out in force, but Monkey is a bit of a sissy and will get cold but I don’t finish work until 5pm and don’t like to rug a wet horse if it can be avoided. So leave his rain sheet on all day 😒 or rug a wet horse tonight 😒

I know its so difficult.
Chunky was still wearing a thick rug under the thin rug. To stop the rug rubs. But after i wrote it the other day and you said Jess was in her fly sheet. I put my hand under chunky and he felt too warm. I thought to myself stop being stupid. You are over rugging. I know hes old but this is madness. So i ditched the thick rug and a few days later his neck piece.
I might put the fly sheet on under the thin rug to protect the neck from being rubbed soon. But the midges arent bugging his neck yet so im holding fire to reacclimatize him. It does seem to have rained more since i removed the heavyweight rug. I feel like a bad mum but im telling myself if hes moulting like mad then hes warm enough.
This time of year is so hard to judge what to put on them. Mind even im the same currently juggling coats and body warmers. I even thought about getting the shorts out one day.

Reactions: Jessey
Very glad I got out this morning, despite the problems we had. The wind has picked up and the gusts are unbelievable. We did have snow down here in March 2018. Think well just have rain this time.Screenshot_20240327_220656_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20240327_220721_Photos.jpg

Reactions: Jessey
We didnt half have some rain yesterday and overnight. The fields are extra squelchy even on the banks.
Think Billy has been dancing in it. I know its nothing in comparison to some horses muddy fields and legs. But this morning they were very wet with all the water splashing up.
20240328_081208.jpg

Then theres Chunky whos legs are still glowing white. You'd think i wash them. Hard to believe they are in the same paddocks together.
20240328_081120.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
It rained here over night, but was dry this morning, I left rugs on as temps set to drop through the day plus more rain, glad I did as that’s exactly what we got plus brisk winds. I’ve finished work early but not going to ride as it’s just a bit grotty out there. 🤞 tomorrow is better 🤞

Wind is dreadful now (well @Frances144 may not think so given what she regularly deals with) and no let up in the rain. Some lanes are flooded, others have rivers running along them and all sorts of debris, it was an interesting drive to and from the yard. We also had thunder which was upsetting Luka and some others quite a lot. I suspect they remember the big storm in the autumn which resulted in accidents and a lot of upset.

It's been unsafe to even get her out of the field since Monday. The gateway is dealt with, but the slope before it isn't unless I want to take up dry snowboarding!

Eta, to make sense 😂

Last edited:
The forecast for the next couple of weeks is yet more rain. Might make 15° maybe even 17° so at least it might dry a bit. The 3 ewes that have lambed are now getting bored being in. They want to go out in the day. But the showers are really heavy.
Was speaking to someone that lambs 700 ewes and they have had an awful year because of the wet weather. There now having to inject all the lambs to prevent more loses to joint ill.
So ive decided my lot can protest all they like but there better off staying in.

• Sad
Reactions: Huggy and carthorse
It was 15c here today, but really blustery and that made it feel a lot colder. It’s meant to be all but still tomorrow 🤞 and dry 🤞🤞I really hope so 🤞🤞🤞

newrider.com