2020 Hacking & Riding Thread

Another 15 minutes bareback on Belle this morning, should have been schooling Pony Cob Monday but fell at work and have bruises to shoulder, chin, knees and a left hand that looks like five little sausages on a balloon!
I silver lining though, found out today that Belle is actually really rather good at neck reining :D

Belle - 4 hrs 10 mins
Pony cob - 2 hr 30 mins

Another 15 minutes bareback on Belle this morning, should have been schooling Pony Cob Monday but fell at work and have bruises to shoulder, chin, knees and a left hand that looks like five little sausages on a balloon!
I silver lining though, found out today that Belle is actually really rather good at neck reining :D

Belle - 4 hrs 10 mins
Pony cob - 2 hr 30 mins

Oh heck vibes for your fall at work. How did that happen?

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Oh heck vibes for your fall at work. How did that happen?
Thanks Trewsers, it was silly really, I just tripped, lost my balance carrying the swing board in at the end of the day and took a dive. My first thought was OMG I hope no one saw ha ha. :rolleyes:

@Kite_Rider Well your lucky if youve just got bruises after someone i know fell over a few weeks ago. Hes having a rough time as he was diagnosed with a brain tumour last summer so has had brain surgery and is undergoing extensive chemo. Anyway to top it off he just fell over on a silly fall and smashed his complete hand. Cut it open and broke every finger and thumb. 4 hour op to rebuild his hand. Hes had steel rods in for several weeks which i think they are removing this week.

Swing board...????? ARE YOU A TEACHER???

Gosh if its kids they wont have missed a thing and will Tell EVERYONE

When I worked at the DYA on base in Germany.
We took kids to the Pony Hof.

We would go riding the paths between the cornfields etc.

One time we had quite a few and just enough for the kids with saddles.
I was on a rather small one Bareback.
It was a great fun ride for all.
The little monster stopped short put his head right down and I went right down his NECK onto the ground.
The kids thought it was Great...
I was soooo embarrased ....please don't tell anyone when we get back on base.

Ohhhh THEY COULD NOT WAIT TO TELL
EVERYONE...

It took a long time to live that down..

Ohhh kids that had never been interested to go riding now Everyone wanted to go..

Thankfully they never got a REPEAT PERFORMANCE.

@Kite_Rider Well your lucky if youve just got bruises after someone i know fell over a few weeks ago. Hes having a rough time as he was diagnosed with a brain tumour last summer so has had brain surgery and is undergoing extensive chemo. Anyway to top it off he just fell over on a silly fall and smashed his complete hand. Cut it open and broke every finger and thumb. 4 hour op to rebuild his hand. Hes had steel rods in for several weeks which i think they are removing this week.
That's awful! Poor guy.

Oh poor chap, what an awful situation for him, so sorry to read that and yes I know I'm very lucky.

Sonny unmounted 4.0 hrs

Another really good play session in the arena.
No play today winds will be really bad again. Its a bit if rain and snow out there now but not much.
But on a super note the Saturday nite snowstorm will be less and hopefully turn to rain Sunday am.

In almost wish we would have a coating today to look for tracks.

I looked out yesterday afternoon all the goats were loooking towards side of the house on high alert..
STUPID STUPID ME.
I kind of rushed out the door I should have looked first and gone out slowly.
Right out in the iris bed was a big red fox
That took off.
It seemed big and when I told my husband he said sure it wasn't a coyote.
At the time I was til i looked up photos online and they are reddish too.

I'm still thinking it was really red.
It was really healthy looking nice coat.

I'd be a terrible witness with a quick glimpse of something.

Went out on our first dry morning all week. Possibly one of our best rides yet. Hogan dragged his feet a bit for the first 5 minutes, then wow! The most forward going he's ever been. No silliness, just trotting on so nicely. I didn't have to do the usual legging him on and wearing myself out! Trotted the entire length of the inclosure, and my, was he comfy! Like sitting on a very comfortable little armchair. Also met a lady with a toddler on a balance bike - zooming in and out of the bushes, (the toddler, not the lady!)and he didn't give them a second glance. Long may this version of Hogan last!

newrider.com