New Forest Pony owners

I have a rising 2 new forest - Rushmoor Needle (or Odin to his friends) by Brock Barnabus. Odin is the most handsome NF I've ever met but I am very biased.
I also part own an 11 month old new forest colt - Mach One (Little Dave is his pet name) by Blackwell Jonathon

My pony and your Rushmoor Needles shares Beacon Bramble and Newtown Spark,these are my ponys g.g.g grandparents!:D

Yep i have a new forest on loan. Shes a 13.2 mare and shes brilliant! Just been out to the cross country course-something completly new for us both and she was really really brave! love her too bits :D:D

I have 3 and a half :)

Bevekada Biggles, rising 5yold black 14.1hh gelding by Obershade Wandering Star

Hollybrooke Sky Lark II, buckskin yearling filly by Burley Branston

Backley Touch of Gold, licensed 2yold brown colt by Willoway Double Gold

Avontyrrell Maybelle, 2yold part bred NF Bay filly by Ashley Sensation

My new forest (type)

Hi there I too have a New Forest, although unregistered, and not sure of parentage! I am told he was bought in a New Forest Sale, so not sure but he looks a bit NF and a bit cobbier!?

He is a very laid back chap, nothing much fazes him and he is a great comfy ride, albeit initially with one pace!! Now learning that canter is FUN:D!

If they are all like him I would be the first to recommend them. He is easy to do, not fussy, and loves a cuddle. A bit cheeky, learning to jump nice (he's rising 5).

DogsandHorsesSeptember12th2008012.jpg

Hi there I too have a New Forest, although unregistered, and not sure of parentage! I am told he was bought in a New Forest Sale, so not sure but he looks a bit NF and a bit cobbier!?

He is a very laid back chap, nothing much fazes him and he is a great comfy ride, albeit initially with one pace!! Now learning that canter is FUN:D!

If they are all like him I would be the first to recommend them. He is easy to do, not fussy, and loves a cuddle. A bit cheeky, learning to jump nice (he's rising 5).

DogsandHorsesSeptember12th2008012.jpg

He is a lovely boy, luck you :)

Thanks!

I found him on p14 of a google search for "horses for sale in Devon" when a loan pony had to go back and I had been let down by about 3 which were not right etc, etc. I have always ridden horses, since I was about 10 as my dad had them and I rode his! I wasnt looking for a pony but he is up to weight and great fun.

So keep looking the right pony they do come along!! I hope you manage to find yours!:D

Thanks!

Thanks ToG, I have seen some cracking NF's that are much finer than him, but it is nice to know that he is typical of type, I call him a NF cos he came off the common, that will do for me. When I have looked up NF breeders websites, I always think, that one is chunky and looks like him, and they are always stallions, so maybe he is just all boy!

I am hoping to show him in some local Native Pony classes where they dont require proof and wonderd if they would laugh at him!???

Thanks for the comment.:)

I have a forester too. She is a 18 year old bay roan. She is a forest bred pony so have very little information on her passport as back when she was registered they just put forest horse as the sire if they weren't sure which stallion would have covered the mare. We've owned 7 or 8 over the years and they are all fantastic albeit full of character.

I have a forester too. She is a 18 year old bay roan. She is a forest bred pony so have very little information on her passport as back when she was registered they just put forest horse as the sire if they weren't sure which stallion would have covered the mare. We've owned 7 or 8 over the years and they are all fantastic albeit full of character.

Would love to see some piccies :):):)

Im hearing quite abit they have alot of character, in what way??? :)

Here is my 12.3hh NF Turbo, he is the most laid back pony ever............until you start riding him :D As his name suggests he is a tad speedy!

He is retired now aged 18 , but if anyone dares come and ride him you are most welcome!

turbo.jpg

someone told me they are all good jumpers, does that include climbing out of the stable twice, or going down onto knees and shufflling on belly to get under the partition to get back in!! :D

someone told me they are all good jumpers, does that include climbing out of the stable twice, or going down onto knees and shufflling on belly to get under the partition to get back in!! :D

Mine jumps out of his stable that is why he has to live out :eek:

He has also jumped back over the gate to get back into the field with his friends

newrider.com